The UFC of today exists to make money right?

Letting GSP beat Khabib then run away with the belt is what that's going to throw away millions for the UFC. GSP is a big star but he is not a Conor level star, he is not worth fucking up the entire division for.

What if McGregor had beaten Khabib and fucked off with the belt for another couple of years?

Oh you mean Dana’s pets are allowed to do as they please?

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about GSP fighting Khabib. Read my words, without inferring your own thoughts. Even if I had. If the UFC had got the NSAC to play ball with Khabib and his teammates like they’ve now done twice for McGregor. And like they’ve done for Jones.

Khabib could have been back quickly and fought Tony in the spring. Then GSP in the fall. If GSP had won the belt he could have vacated opening it up for McGregor to get another shot at it.

It’s not hard, and if you’re going to come at me you better do better than this piss poor excuse you just tabled. They would have made money.

GSP has openly stated he has no intentions of defending a title and isn't even interested in fighting anyone else. There is no long term benefit to making the fight and killing off the hype of an undefeated Russian who just became a star.

Letting GSP beat Khabib then run away with the belt is what that's going to throw away millions for the UFC. GSP is a big star but he is not a Conor level star, he is not worth fucking up the entire division for.

You get it
The fight makes very little sense from UFC's side

They are thinking long term. Having GSP come in and beat their undefeated phenom and then retire would fuck up the division and is not a good look.

So make the fight at 160 or 165. Problem solved.

Lorenzo was the cool-headed guy who made thing rights with fighter who butted heads with the bald bozo....

He's gone now, and GSP is far from the only one who currently have issues with the UFC nowadays....
Fighters have always had issues....always.

So make the fight at 160 or 165. Problem solved.

Lol that doesn't solve a problem. A loss is a loss, even if he doesn't lose the belt. And the division can't afford to sit and wait while the sitting champ goes up for a meaningless fight. Tony is the next contender, period.

Lol that doesn't solve a problem. A loss is a loss, even if he doesn't lose the belt. And the division can't afford to sit and wait while the sitting champ goes up for a meaningless fight. Tony is the next contender, period.

The champ is sitting out a year out of spite anyway. Strip him and let them fight. The fight is hugely meaningful.

I wonder how Dana’s bosses and the shareholders in the company feel about Dana throwing away millions just so he can be petty about GSP. He wanted to return before he did. Only to have Dana lowball him and screw him around because he had his boy McGregor selling like wildfire.

The company that has made it so Jones* can compete dirty to his bones. Even moving a whole card 6 days out to another state at a cost of many millions. Just to let this cheat fight and continue to make money for the UFC.

Yet this petty disgusting dishonest human, Dana keeps one of the biggest earners in company history on the shelf for years. Just because he doesn’t like GSP?

That man is running this shitshow into the ground. And I just wonder how many people see the obvious hypocrisy and stupidity at play here. GSP doesn’t need the money. He makes millions every year from sponsors. And doesn’t spend his money like a drunken sailor. Dana can’t “control” him as he does others and it drives him batshit. So he tries to hurt him the only way he can. By not allowing him to fight at all. But GSP doesn’t really like fighting so that’s not much of a punishment either. Dana can’t win that battle no matter what he does.

Dana’s been treating GSP like crap since Juiced Johny failed to beat him. Khabib is a similar case too imo. Neither guy gives a damn about Dana White or his petty childish games. That’s some great decision making there Dana. I can see all the money NOT rolling in. But after this Jones* debacle I’ve written off ALL legitimacy of the UFC, their belts, and their rankings. Cain at number 7 is just the latest example. I treat it like I treat the WWE now. It’s not a real sport. There is clear corruption and the playing field is not level. But in pro wrestling that’s all part of the backstory. I still watch the UFC. But come on.

The UFC...As unreal as it gets.

GSP fighting is a guaranteed way to make money for a company that has investors. But suddenly making money doesn’t matter??? It’s beyond time for this souless relic Dana White to be sent out to pasture. The company is losing a stronger asset and bigger money maker than Dana tomorrow. One that was the face of the company for longer than Ronda and McGregor put together. But that’s their problem. Sleep with dogs and wake up with fleas.
You’re saying they moved the jones card to make less money??

Again, csac, nsac, smrt lab and usada have all agreed to allow jones to fight. Dana didn’t do that.

Gsp doesn’t simply want to fight. He wants only very specific fights.

Dana is an employee of those ultra-wealthy owners.
No way he made the decision regarding GSP.

Dana still owns 6-7% & has a lot of say as owner/President
But the big decisions are made by Ari & then Patrick
They are getting $25+m a year to run UFC & bring profits/value up in UFC

What if McGregor had beaten Khabib and fucked off with the belt for another couple of years?

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about GSP fighting Khabib. Read my words, without inferring your own thoughts. Even if I had. If the UFC had got the NSAC to play ball with Khabib and his teammates like they’ve now done twice for McGregor. And like they’ve done for Jones.

Khabib could have been back quickly and fought Tony in the spring. Then GSP in the fall. If GSP had won the belt he could have vacated opening it up for McGregor to get another shot at it.

It’s not hard, and if you’re going to come at me you better do better than this piss poor excuse you just tabled. They would have made money.
If WME felt Dana wasn’t doing a good job, he’d be gone. They are his bosses. I don’t like all of Dana’s tactics and the way he treats his fighters but it’s a money game. I’ve been a boxing fan all my life and the one thing I always hated was how we never got to see the fights we wanted to see. Dana, by and large, gives us the fights we want to see. You can cry all you want about GSP being mistreated but how about that gifted title shot he was awarded? I didn’t hear GSP complaining about that. You obviously have an axe to grind and are not seeing the bigger picture which is MONEY. Get out of your feelings for a second and maybe you’ll get it. What else should I infer when your post is on the heels of GSP announcing his retirement after “failed negotiations” to fight Khabib? Conor maybe Dana’s pet but even he gets slapped down and put back in line from time to time. You and people like you don’t understand that that ufc does not NEED one fighter to thrive. Conor could be gone tomorrow and the ufc would still make money hand over fist. No idea why you’re even bringing up the NSAC. Do me a favor and don’t even reply, you’re a waste of my time and I think you’re starting to see how silly your post is by the responses.

Conor maybe Dana’s pet but even he gets slapped down and put back in line from time to time. You and people like you don’t understand that that ufc does not NEED one fighter to thrive.

Last year:
Conor demands a stake in UFC
Conor demands co-promotion
Conor says no advanced pressers before Khabib fight

ALL DENIED

I wonder how Dana’s bosses and the shareholders in the company feel about Dana throwing away millions just so he can be petty about GSP. He wanted to return before he did. Only to have Dana lowball him and screw him around because he had his boy McGregor selling like wildfire.

The company that has made it so Jones* can compete dirty to his bones. Even moving a whole card 6 days out to another state at a cost of many millions. Just to let this cheat fight and continue to make money for the UFC.

Yet this petty disgusting dishonest human, Dana keeps one of the biggest earners in company history on the shelf for years. Just because he doesn’t like GSP?

That man is running this shitshow into the ground. And I just wonder how many people see the obvious hypocrisy and stupidity at play here. GSP doesn’t need the money. He makes millions every year from sponsors. And doesn’t spend his money like a drunken sailor. Dana can’t “control” him as he does others and it drives him batshit. So he tries to hurt him the only way he can. By not allowing him to fight at all. But GSP doesn’t really like fighting so that’s not much of a punishment either. Dana can’t win that battle no matter what he does.

Dana’s been treating GSP like crap since Juiced Johny failed to beat him. Khabib is a similar case too imo. Neither guy gives a damn about Dana White or his petty childish games. That’s some great decision making there Dana. I can see all the money NOT rolling in. But after this Jones* debacle I’ve written off ALL legitimacy of the UFC, their belts, and their rankings. Cain at number 7 is just the latest example. I treat it like I treat the WWE now. It’s not a real sport. There is clear corruption and the playing field is not level. But in pro wrestling that’s all part of the backstory. I still watch the UFC. But come on.

The UFC...As unreal as it gets.

GSP fighting is a guaranteed way to make money for a company that has investors. But suddenly making money doesn’t matter??? It’s beyond time for this souless relic Dana White to be sent out to pasture. The company is losing a stronger asset and bigger money maker than Dana tomorrow. One that was the face of the company for longer than Ronda and McGregor put together. But that’s their problem. Sleep with dogs and wake up with fleas.
Dana could be fired tomorrow and it would change nothing. He has nothing to offer MMA anymore in terms of making it larger. He hit his ceiling years ago. Now he just relies on certain guys to make him look good.

It makes no sense on the open market where profit is king.

It makes sense in this case (GSP/khabib) IMO

I just thought it was funny that one of the better journalist out there shared your thoughts out loud

It makes sense in this case (GSP/khabib) IMO

I just thought it was funny that one of the better journalist out there shared your thoughts out loud

I still haven’t seen an argument against anything I’ve said. Where money is king with both Khabib and GSP at the end of their careers. With McGregor doing who knows what.

Why are they throwing away huge dollars? It makes zero sense no matter what tack you take.

Somebody with balls and not under Dana’s thumb? Incoming revokation of credentials on the horizon.

I still haven’t seen an argument against anything I’ve said. Where money is king with both Khabib and GSP at the end of their careers. With McGregor doing who knows what.

Why are they throwing away huge dollars? It makes zero sense no matter what tack you take.

Somebody with balls and not under Dana’s thumb? Incoming revokation of credentials on the horizon.

Agree to disagree

Boom. Rekt.

Back