The UFC needs to step in and help BJ Penn.

Why taint his legacy even further? All it would do is have people doubting his win for taking easy wins, or he gets beaten by so called mid tier competion and makes him look even worse.

I don't know who on the roster the BJ Penn who showed up vs. Edgar would beat.

I think BJ has been hit in the head enough... Man needs to stay retired while he can still chew solid food.

it would be way worse than chuck to see bj lose to a few mid tear lw's.

dementia pugilistica is a formidable foe.

BJ always wants to fight guys that have a good chance to beat him. He wants the fights he will most likely lose. He wanted the third fight with Frankie even though Frankie already technically beat him twice. BJ is not interested in easy fights. He wants to fight guys that he can prove something by beating. Its one of the reasons why BJ is so great! There aren't many fighters like him.

He doesn't have the desire to fight professionally, what happened over the weekend was alcohol fueled.

No, if the UFC wants to help him, getting more fights for him is not the solution. The last fight should have been all it took to see that having BJ Penn fight would be at least a borderline unethical business practice. In fact, the same goes for Cro Cop and maybe even Rampage as well. But they should at least not be expected to repeat this with Penn.

What is it with this need to see such badly busted up guys continue to fight anyway? It's freaking me out. Only people who get a sort of enjoyment out of watching people get mentally and physically damaged in front of them would be clamoring for a BJ Penn or Cro Cop fight. And I think that makes you not healthy in the head.

My first thought was Jim Miller would destroy BJ

No they don't because he showed he's a piece of shit punching his friend in the face and breaking his eye socket. Makes me want to go back and watch the Rory and Diaz fights to see how the spoiled brat get the shit beat out of him

Why can't the UFC just give BJ Penn some Mid-tier fights? You've got Rampage and Cro Cop back on the roster and from the looks of it the UFC is gonna throw them softballs. So why can't the same be done for BJ Penn? I'd like to see him in there against guys like Siver, Guida, Jim Miller, Tibau etc. I think if you match BJ up with fighters who are on the level he's currently at (mid-tier) he will put on exciting fights. BJ obviously still wants to fight and I'm sure if he's matched up appropriately he will do well. So yeah, I hope the UFC brings BJ back and gives him some sensible matchups because it really saddens me to hear BJ trying to get his fighting fix at bars.

I see BJ involved in a impending lawsuit, I even see him facing some time on felony charges as a multiple repeat offender of assault. I see BJ being tied up for awhile to train and prepare about the gentlemen you're talking about and BJ's training habits are legendary and from what I just recently read they haven't gotten any better.

BJ is his own worst enemy and shitting on any HOF talk. I respect the fighter but he needs to stop drinking & stop f*king up!

BJ always wants to fight guys that have a good chance to beat him. He wants the fights he will most likely lose. He wanted the third fight with Frankie even though Frankie already technically beat him twice. BJ is not interested in easy fights. He wants to fight guys that he can prove something by beating. Its one of the reasons why BJ is so great! There aren't many fighters like him.

He'd probably want GSP 3

Those types of fights are for the money and he certainly doesn't need money, he's in a totally different situation than most MMA fighters from his era.

BJ does not need to come back. I wish he had stayed at 155 though.

2015 Penn wouldn't fare well against against the competition available now.

Stay retired Penn.

Back