The UFC needs to step in and help BJ Penn.

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why can't the UFC just give BJ Penn some Mid-tier fights? You've got Rampage and Cro Cop back on the roster and from the looks of it the UFC is gonna throw them softballs. So why can't the same be done for BJ Penn? I'd like to see him in there against guys like Siver, Guida, Jim Miller, Tibau etc. I think if you match BJ up with fighters who are on the level he's currently at (mid-tier) he will put on exciting fights. BJ obviously still wants to fight and I'm sure if he's matched up appropriately he will do well. So yeah, I hope the UFC brings BJ back and gives him some sensible matchups because it really saddens me to hear BJ trying to get his fighting fix at bars.

I think BJ has been hit in the head enough... Man needs to stay retired while he can still chew solid food.

Not UFCs responsibilty...... Penn was great and is a legend but competitive fighting is probably over for him and UFC would only be putting Penn in a situation of sustaining more serious damage for profit... not cool

Agreed 100%. Anything to keep him outta trouble. A fight with Jim Miller sounds interesting. Obviously does nothing for the division,potentially could be a great scrap though!

I'm sure they would if he would accept them.

He's too proud for that. Always has been.

He pissed his career away with fights at 170 and 145.

The man should have stayed at 155.

If he returns for some low level fights at 155, sure. But this 170 and 145 shit is just fucking dumb.

Respectfully at this stage in their careers, miller and Tibau would beat the shit out of BJ

Doubt he still even wants to fight. obviously doesn't need to.

AND he better not fight like a Kangaroo. No Kangaroo shit.

Bring the one armed guy over from WSOF for BJ to fight.

Linux, his only fight at that weight was so oddly shady that we still dont know how he'd be there. Dont tell me he was so light that he couldn't help being on his tippy toes..

Fun fact, that shit fight is not on fight pass. Should i be robbed or saved?

If BJ wanted to keep fighting, the UFC would be giving him fights. They wouldn't miss an opportunity to make an extra couple of bucks off of his name.

I don't think BJ wants that. He's rich, and only ever fought for himself. Beating a low-level fighter for one of the only two 2-division champions ever is not what he wants or needs.

Give him conor

Give him the GOAT

Andy Wang

Last edited:
BJ is like Nick Diaz. He only wants short cuts to glory big money fights.

Neither of them have the fighters mentality of being willing to fight anyone and earn their way up to the biggest fights like everyone else has to.

Before anyone steps in to help bj, motherfucker needs to help himself.

This. And he's one of my all-time favorites. BJ should stay retired.

BJ's career can be summed up pretty simply.

He always wanted to be the best. If he couldn't be the best he at least wanted to fight the best.

Back