The UFC needs to sign HW Amir Aliakbari - he will be the champ.

USADA and Aliakbari could become a great story.

I love these threads

Do you guys remember when Gegard Mousasi beat Babalu for the Strikeforce LHW title, and everyone was claiming he would steamroll everyone in UFC?

legit prospect no doubt. ufc should be afraid there are these guys floating around outside the ufc.

UFC should be afraid alright. They cant have some dominant HW destroying top competition in Japan while the world watches..

So tell me. What channel is the Rizin event on? I must have missed the commercials..

I agree completely. He is a monster. He is just extremely raw. He showed in his last fight that while he is extremely athletic and has great wrestling and ground and pound, he still doesn't know how to pace himself.

I have a hard time seeing him get past moldavsky honestly... he will definitely win the first but if Valentin survives in there I can see him winning the fight

He is definitely a guy to watch tho, scary scary dude

5. IF he can pass a drug screen, this guy will be champ in the UFC in the next couple years.

He can't pass a drug screen and he's fighting in Japan where I don't think they test and he's still gassing out terribly. That isn't promising should he ever come to USADA UFC.

Yea that suplex was slick as fuck against a 270lb Herring. He is a very skilled wrestler, no doubt. Very dangerous in the first round with violent GnP. Will be interesting to see if Moldvasky can weather that storm in the first round.

moldvasky is going to punish him

He was a world class wrestler and can make the HW limit. That's enough to be immediately relevant in the current shitty HW landscape. There are a lot of glaring weaknesses at the current time, but, again, he can be immediately relevant just because of how shitty and bereft of prospects the HW division is.

Hey, I'm just here to watch Cro Cop fight. Just saying, I've watched a lot of MMA. Aliakbari has a high ceiling. I can honestly see him being the best HW in the world, but we'll see. I for sure don't want Cro Cop to fight this guy, as he will get ran over.

Sooo.. split decision over a novice, and KOd by 42 year old CRO Cop that couldn't even get a title shot in UFC.

You were saying??

Back