The UFC needs to sign HW Amir Aliakbari - he will be the champ.

There were ONLY 10 minutes in this fight. He gassed by the end of the first round. Dude is a hell of a wrestler, but he's juiced to the gills and has no gas. If Herring didn't roll off the couch fat as fuck he would've finished that fight in the second round.
You're right about the time, my mistake. I will edit the OP. Will you be impressed if/when he steamrolls Cro Cop or King Mo? Because he's gonna.

He is banned from wrestling for life due to substance abuse, how on earth would he pass a drug test ?

I believe until he gasses no one can handle his pressure. The problem is he gasses within 3 minutes and then he's done. He needs a lot more work on that cardio and add a few submissions to his game.

You're right about the time, my mistake. I will edit the OP. Will you be impressed if/when he steamrolls Cro Cop or King Mo? Because he's gonna.

That wouldn't prove much. Cro Cop is ancient and Mo gets KO'd by a strong gust of wind. I'd be more impressed if he beats Moldavsky in 2 days.

He has huge cardio problem, But his Greco is on point.
I don't think so as much as every fight he had before he finished early and thought the same was going to happen, esp after he hurt HH, just didn't realize Heath Herring was the fat cousin of the Diaz bros and emptied his tank. I also think with it being a tournament, he wanted him out of there fast. He ill learn from this and will likely just use his wrestling to stifle in the next round. He kind of reminds me of a HW Yoel Romero and his striking looked on point.

The biggest problem is tho, dat USADA. He could def wipe the floor with 90% of the roster and that cage too, which is way better for wrestlers. I don't know who could prevent his wall and stall, the guy is an absolute specimen, to time world champ, all muscle and MASSIVE. I will say, he looks more promising 3 fights in than DC or Askren did at this time and against better competition

Last edited:
UFC needs to sign 10-0 HW prospect Sergey Pavlovich and if they're going to Russia next year, I think they will. But UFC needs all kinds of HWs so your choice is good too.

There were ONLY 10 minutes in this fight. He gassed by the end of the first round. Dude is a hell of a wrestler, but he's juiced to the gills and has no gas. If Herring didn't roll off the couch fat as fuck he would've finished that fight in the second round.
The juice is a problem.

BUT, I really don't think we can judge his gas that much off that fight as it likely could/should have been stopped and he simply emptied his tank...more a result of lack of experience than gas. He may have shite gas but we see fighters emptying their tanks all the time, getting filled with lactic acid and being unable to recover, esp early in their career. If you are a double World Champ wrestler, you definitely have gas but maybe not a great MMA IQ three fights in. A guy like Cain doesn't put everything on his shots like Ali was: he went full Carwin retard, thought he would get the stop but was fighting a wily veteran that is notoriously hard to finish.

OH.......... it's a UFC must sign X-Fighter, as he'd be champion of X-Division.......

my fav type of thread

Yeah, what he said.

This is more glowing praise then I think anyone gave Brock for owning him when he was still active, good and recently almost ko'd nog 8+ years ago.

LOL the dude hasn't fought in nearly a decade, is out of shape Wasn't planning on fighting and took the fight on how many weeks notice?

Jared Rosholt would've dominated him. Which current UFC hW doesn't beat a guy who hasn't fought in 8 years, wasn't training to and takes fight on a few weeks notice out of shape?

Last edited:
legit prospect no doubt. ufc should be afraid there are these guys floating around outside the ufc.

Beating Heath to a decision gets you a title shot in the UFC. Same amount of fights as well. 3-0. Line up Miocic to lose his belt.

He is still tough and, despite being out of shape, showed that he is still a formidable opponent. He could still beat the Arlovski's/Mir's of the world.

Still? Uh he lost to Jake Obrein during his UFC run(a LHW that out wrestled by him back in '08 in a fight he specifically trained for) and his best UFC win was a split over Checik. Kongo. WTF are you talking about? Mir KO'd and broke Nog's arm. WTF is Heath Herring going to do to him?

LOL if AA had been retired for years away from UFC appeared on Japan show and Heath was bumming it in the UFC that would be your opinion. AA is amazing, Amir next champ for beating him and that AA could still own guys in the UFC. We understand your viewpoint and sadness about prides death still and what not you don't have to be this see through.

The funny, weird J-fetish anti UFC type threads pop-up after each rizin show. LOL we should find some from the last show. See these people can't even cry about UFC hype. Heath is a solid fighter and proved to be that. He rightfully got some hype before we knew everything about him. This tool still has f'n 2001 Pride Hype on Heath. He never lived up to it yet you still turn and cling to that hype into him having a better career then AA/Mir.

Heath never accomplished anything close to those guys. Heck AA/Mir still have wins in recent years comparable to the types of wins on Heaths career resume yet 8 yr after retiring, never accomplishing close to what they have he'still better than AA/mir? Cause Japan right.

Who else still scarred by J-mma's fall or anyone actually think heath Herring is better than Mir or AA?

Do people actually think that?

Last edited:
Still? Uh he lost to Jake Obrein during his UFC run(a LHW that out wrestled by him back in '08 in a fight he specifically trained for) and his best UFC win was a split over Checik. Kongo. WTF are you talking about? Mir KO'd and broke Nog's arm. WTF is Heath Herring going to do to him?

LOL if AA had been retired for years away from UFC appeared on Japan show and Heath was bumming it in the UFC that would be your opinion. AA is amazing, Amir next champ for beating him and that AA could still own guys in the UFC. We understand your viewpoint and sadness about prides death still and what not you don't have to be this see through.

The funny, weird J-fetish anti UFC type threads pop-up after each rizin show. LOL we should find some from the last show. See these people can't even cry about UFC hype. Heath is a solid fighter and proved to be that. He rightfully got some hype before we knew everything about him. This tool still has f'n 2001 Pride Hype on Heath. He never lived up to it yet you still turn and cling to that hype into him having a better career then AA/Mir.

Heath never accomplished anything close to those guys. Heck AA/Mir still have wins in recent years comparable to the types of wins on Heaths career resume yet 8 yr after retiring, never accomplishing close to what they have he'still better than AA/mir? Cause Japan right.

Who else still scarred by J-mma's fall or anyone actually think heath Herring is better than Mir or AA?

Do people actually think that?
That's the first Japanese show I've seen since DREAM.

You're long pseudo-intellectual rant is marred by your inability to comprehend my main points, so let me try again:

I don't have a J-fetish. lol. Generalize though, please.

Never said Herring had a career better than Arlovski or Mir, but I do think he would beat them AT THIS POINT in their careers.

The thread is not even about Herring outside of me complementing his heart and durability. I do think he could be in the top 10-15 in the UFC without a doubt.

Amir is the real deal, but he has a few glaring holes - possible PED usage and blowing his wad early in the fight.

Back