The UFC needs to find HW's & that requires money

defcon5

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Instead of Dana and Matt Serra youtube looking for a fighter type bs. UFC needs to be looking globally for Heavyweights especially if they want to be frugal. Dana should make friends with Putin they have a lot in common find some fighters over in Russia. DO SOMETHING this shit is a joke.

horrible division probably weaker than the mm division at least on paper anyway

You won't fight very many talented, in shape HW's with USADA in the mix.

Men of that size are at a premium to start with. Then on top of that, athletic men of size are probably playing a sport that pays more than peanuts, and doesn't cause CTE.

Men of that size are at a premium to start with. Then on top of that, athletic men of size are probably playing a sport that pays more than peanuts, and doesn't cause CTE.

I know something i have touched on before. The big boys play in the NFL NBA etc for real contracts and not Dana's bs.

still though dana could do something instead of griping about mm which is petty at best especially when the HW division is fucked.

The best HW in MMA is Vitaly Minakov, but UFC can't afford him lol. They tried to sign him before but his contract is too expensive, he has a very expensive contract fighting in Russia. All UFC can afford these days is invitca girls for 10k show.

I know something i have touched on before. The big boys play in the NFL NBA etc for real contracts and not Dana's bs.

still though dana could do something instead of griping about mm which is petty at best especially when the HW division is fucked.

He could/should, but won't because he's a fucking doucher. It kind of sucks that after the merger with Strike force that the talent pool in HW didn't spike as much as it should have seeing how they had the better fighters in that weight class.

A generation of incredible HW just got too old. I'm sure more will appear.

Pride circa 2004 had no problems finding top quality heavyweights. Hw used to be my favorite division in those days.

I would be happy if they dropped most of the flyweights and all of WMMA and used that money to build HW and LHW

The best HW in MMA is Vitaly Minakov, but UFC can't afford him lol. They tried to sign him before but his contract is too expensive, he has a very expensive contract fighting in Russia. All UFC can afford these days is invitca girls for 10k show.

Vitaly is a politician these days from what i understand not really a fighter

Call Steve Mocco (Not sure what the judges saw when he fought Rama). Offer him a contract high enough to get him out of coaching

show up at the NFL combine and take all the rejects that can't make it in the NFL, problem solved.

>don't test for drugs
>Far more muscular 220+ men

USADA pls go
True, there is a reason why nfl, nhl, nba, mlb, etc don't have USADA testing. Even most hw boxing doesn't. You think Joshua and Klitschko are clean? Lol.

Good fight that was, went on to knock him out cold in the 3rd. UFC could put a lot of hype behind a 20-0 undefeated HW, but they can't afford it these days, seems like they have a lot of debts

True, there is a reason why nfl, nhl, nba, mlb, etc don't have USADA testing. Even most hw boxing doesn't. You think Joshua and Klitschko are clean? Lol.

This, even boxing is having trouble finding their heavyweights, steroids or not. It's why people were so excited for Anthony because he's some young blood in the division.

show up at the NFL combine and take all the rejects that can't make it in the NFL, problem solved.

That makes too much sense so the UFC would never go for it. Goes against the bush-league business model they're trying to stick to.

Good fight that was, went on to knock him out cold in the 3rd. UFC could put a lot of hype behind a 20-0 undefeated HW, but they can't afford it these days, seems like they have a lot of debts

he hasn't had the toughest fights esp lately so UFC would have start slow with him. Probably not worth the gamble the way UFC looks at things these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back