The UFC needs to acquire Holly Holms and Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

I agree with holm, but not if she doesn't feel ready. Also I love pitbull but I'd rather curran come in because he's they're champ and is looking like a stud, but if any bellator fighter should come over it should be Michael chandler.

You don't need solid kicking to beat Rousey. When it comes to a one-trick pony, all that matters is being able to stop that one trick. Styles make fights.
People who call Rousey a one trick pony anger me. The knowledge that people as stupid as you exist seems to bother me.

I think this would be two very good additions to the UFC.

The UFC has a shallow womens division and Holms has a winning record. Patricio Freire throws bombs and would be an exciting asset to the division.

I think Holms would have the best chance of winning a championship. I believe Patricio would fall to solid wrestlers. But they could both put on some exciting fights.

Holm will be in the UFC in the near feature without question. She is elite and pretty, with her boxing skills and the way she finishes people she is more marketable than ronda.

Ufc should get hawn, chandler, lima, rickels, curran, pitbull, alvarez and some others from bellator. But the thing is that bellator doesnt really want to sell. So probably we wont see them until they start losing and when that happens nobody will give a fcuk.

As for holm she didnt really fight anyone noteworthy yet. Let her develop a bit, maybe she will go to invicta there are great fights there for her.

Has she won a fight by anything other than an armbar?

I fail to see how that's anything but impressive. 7 fights, 7 first round armbars. Only on sherdog could that possibly be considered a negative.

Probably the same people who didnt know that Meisha's nickname all these years was Takedown. For the majority of her career. Because she has terrible striking, gets hit alot & goes for TD's. Many of these types are picking her to TKO Ronda naturally. Or beat her up in some other way.

So true. But it would be beautiful to see her pull it off.

Probably the same people who didnt know that Meisha's nickname all these years was Takedown. For the majority of her career. Because she has terrible striking, gets hit alot & goes for TD's. Many of these types are picking her to TKO Ronda naturally. Or beat her up in some other way.

Are you referring to Miesha Tate?

I fail to see how that's anything but impressive. 7 fights, 7 first round armbars. Only on sherdog could that possibly be considered a negative.

The comment you are answering is at the tail end of a conversation about Rousey being a one-trick pony. Please read the entire thread going forward. Otherwise you make yourself appear on the same IQ level as Palhares...

I never said it was a negative. I said she was a one-trick pony. Doing one thing is what it means to be a one-trick pony.

Has she needed to?

She doesn't have to...

Not yet. But like I've already said, she's only 7 fights into her career. Its just not a good idea to rely on one thing. Maybe its just me, but personally I think its a better idea for her to develop a well-rounded game now, as opposed to after facing someone who can shut down her game.

Back