The UFC made a deal with Paulo Costa

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

"After the UFC Rio, where I got a knockout victory, the UFC called me and said they wanted to have a meeting with me. I had a 4 contract fight, so I thought "they saw something different in me". So I asked for a lot of money. They said I was asking way more than they were paying the other guys, so they made a proposition for me. They wanted me to take one more fight before we negotiated: the Hendricks fight. I said ok but if I won I was gonna ask for more money. They said ok, but they said if I lost they would pay me even less than what they originally planned. I accepted the deal. I won and they renewed my contract paying even more than I asked. It´s more than 100 thousand dollars"

gasdljkf5r.gif

imo Costa is one victory away (Romero) from a TS. How do you like his chances against Romero?

Thoughts?

He kos old Yoel inside three rounds. Is normal.

All I know is Yoel is going to test Costa's chin and knuckle condition.

good for him, but its still peanuts IMO ... all these fighters should be making more

He kos old Yoel inside three rounds. Is normal.
There are levels to this game. If he hasn't aged since his last fight, Romero smashes him. And anyone who can't see that is a casual.

In other words the UFC bet on Hendricks beating Costa? Sounds like a stupid bet.

He should give BJM a percentage for that stoppage, Johny was about to devour him

Funny because he thinks he played the ufc and believes that he's getting a good deal, but in reality ufc is going to profit 10x more than what they pay him due to marketing and ticket sells.

In other words the UFC bet on Hendricks beating Costa? Sounds like a stupid bet.
More like if he can beat Hendricks then he is worth something and they will be ready to pay him more. If he losses, his value diminishes so they would have to pay him less.

Don't know why TS called it a "bet". It's a deal.

"After the UFC Rio, where I got a knockout victory, the UFC called me and said they wanted to have a meeting with me. I had a 4 contract fight, so I thought "they saw something different in me". So I asked for a lot of money. They said I was asking way more than they were paying the other guys, so they made a proposition for me. They wanted me to take one more fight before we negotiated: the Hendricks fight. I said ok but if I won I was gonna ask for more money. They said ok, but they said if I lost they would pay me even less than what they originally planned. I accepted the deal. I won and they renewed my contract paying even more than I asked. It´s more than 100 thousand dollars"

gasdljkf5r.gif

imo Costa is one victory away (Romero) from a TS. How do you like his chances against Romero?

Thoughts?

I like Costa and see him as a potential future champ, but I don't think he's ready for Romero right now. It's not out of the question tho, that Costa in his prime (whenever that is- cuz it surely isn't right now) could be better than Romero ever was in MMA

Romero went hiding once he saw another guy as juiced as himself, passing USADA.

Romero went to find his gay Jesus to up his dosage, I imagine.
Didn't he accept the fight though?

Lol at Yoel being afraid of any MW. That entire division is afraid of him.

Didn't he accept the fight though?

Lol at Yoel being afraid of any MW. That entire division is afraid of him.
Weidman fears no man. I think his schedule of fighters more than proves this.

Costa obviously doesn't fear him either. Pretty sure most guys are accepting fights with Romero lol

Romero went hiding once he saw another guy as juiced as himself, passing USADA.

Romero went to find his gay Jesus to up his dosage, I imagine.
All I read in your post was "USADA, doping, testing, juicing, etc" ..... at least wait until they actually fail a test before calling them cheaters. Just sayin

I like Costa and see him as a potential future champ, but I don't think he's ready for Romero right now. It's not out of the question tho, that Costa in his prime (whenever that is- cuz it surely isn't right now) could be better than Romero ever was in MMA

idk, Yoel's wrestling base gives him such an advantage over most fighters that it'd be hard for Paulo to be a better, more well rounded fighter than Yoel.

With that said, Paulo could easily just KO everyone left and right and be the best ever too. Not 1 right way to win.

LOL UFC was not paying attention on what kind of a decline Fatdricks was so they made this stupid bet.

Glad Costa took advantage of those morons.

He stomped Fatdricks so hard. It was so wonderful to watch it.

Weidman fears no man. I think his schedule of fighters more than proves this.

Costa obviously doesn't fear him either. Pretty sure most guys are accepting fights with Romero lol
Tyron Colby and Till ducking MW because of Yoel. Bisping ducked Yoel. No one is calling Yoel out, but everyone is calling Weidman out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back