The UFC is using Jan as their new Eddie Alvarez... (spoiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UFC can try to to hype up and sell their fighters any way they want. I don't give a shit. It's up to me to use my brain to decide if I'm buying or not.

it's not really the same situation, since Izzy has defended his MW belt several times.

Cue the "Yall really have no clue who Jan Blachowicz do you?" thread.

Lol, Eddie wasn't looking great at all during his run in the UFC. Conor had just smoked one of the GOATS. There wasn't much doubt to anyone with common sense. Of course I didn't expect him to make Eddie look like a child.
Anyone with common sense predicted that Conor would run right through Nate Diaz as well. Conor had just went through a war with mediocre Nate and a loss to Nate before that. Eddie was just coming off a destruction of RDA. It's easy to talk in hindsight man.

That’s basically what I posted in a related thread. It’s no coincidence that Jones and Izzy moved up at the same time. It’s a marketing ploy by the UFC just like they did with Conor. Dana doesn’t want to risk either Jones or Izzy losing because it kills their draw. (This is the problem with catering to casuals, the fans are stupid and fickle, so a single loss destroys their marketability)
They didn’t want Conor getting eaten by RDA, so they took advantage of the lucky shot Alvarez landed and then immediately jammed Conor into the title picture in a division he’d never had any success in.
Same deal here. Beating Jan doesn’t make Izzy the best LHW, because like Alvarez, Jan is a totally unestablished champ who’s only gotten there through some fortunate timing that resulted in a win

Wrong

https://m.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...oring-150191/amp#jan-blachowicz-thiago-santos

Sherdog had Santos up 2-0 by 1 judge and tied 1-1 by 2 others.

thiago-marreta-santos-jan-blachowicz-ufc-on-espn-plus-3-scorecard.jpg

The judges had it tied 1-1 so no Jan was not winning. It was tied at best
Okay he wasnt winning on the cards but he was starting to get his rhythm in the 2nd round. I was just highlighting how that fight and Forrest/Anderson werent similar at all which is true.

Anyone with common sense predicted that Conor would run right through Nate Diaz as well. Conor had just went through a war with mediocre Nate and a loss to Nate before that. Eddie was just coming off a destruction of RDA. It's easy to talk in hindsight man.
Can't argue with that. Doesn't change the fact that Eddie looked very underwhelming throughout his UFC run.
Diaz was hot and cold sometimes, but he was hot, Eddie wasn't.

Okay he wasnt winning on the cards but he was starting to get his rhythm in the 2nd round. I was just highlighting how that fight and Forrest/Anderson werent similar at all which is true.

Yeah but the dynamics are similar except Jan has more KO power. Bigger, much slower LHW with gurappling skills, mediocre clinch game and below average technique that lunges into combos with suspect defense, against a much slicker, faster counter sturiker who was reigning MW champ

It’s funny how all the Izzy haters are trying to play up Jan as some sort of journeyman scrub, so if Izzy wins it’s nothing special and if he loses he got flatlined by a mediocre fighter.

The reality is Jan is 8-1 since 2017 w/ 5 finishes, just dominated the guy which majority believe beat Jon Jones, While Izzy gives up the biggest size advantage in a title fight in recent history.

This is a chance for a quiet unassuming guy to really stick it to the UFC, and the casual front running fanbases that pervade mma today.

I don’t blame anybody for thinking Izzy will win. I just don’t think they are actually analyzing the fight with a clear mind. I keep hearing the same things over and over. And most of it is mmath when it doesn’t even apply. Can anybody explain to me what Jan has in common with Costa, or Romero? The answer is nothing. Those two guys are short muscular guys. Well Jan isn’t short. He’s not particularly muscular either for his size. He possesses weapons those two can only dream about. As well as having a dearth of experience to draw upon. I could go on, but it’s not my job to educate the masses.

The first kick Jan lands is going to change the fight if not end it. Izzy will be running for his life. And how anybody expects him to win a fight by decision, as the challenger while doing that is beyond me. I’m just going to take it on faith that the judges will score the fight properly. Which according to history means.. You have to beat the champ to become the champ.

The weight difference if Izzy comes in at the weight he says he will, will be huge. Which gives Jan even more of an advantage in the wrestling and grappling department. Where he already has the advantage.

This is one of those times where the UFC’s plans go up in smoke.

Yeah but the dynamics are similar except Jan has more KO power. Bigger, much slower LHW with gurappling skills, mediocre clinch game and below average technique that lunges into combos with suspect defense, against a much slicker, faster counter sturiker who was reigning MW champ
Id disagree, specifically your assesment of Jan. Since the Santos fight he has shown improvements on when and how he blitzes. An example is the Reyes fight, he would blitz on Reyes' steps and use his straight to blind Reyes' vision. Alot safer entries and set ups. I dont think his technique is below average at all especially on the feet. He does some tricky stuff drawing his opponents kicks out and countering them.

I have it as a 50/50 fight with Adesanyas best option imo is like he said, to go forward and really work off his jab.

During this time where the UFC is struggling to find marketable “stars” on their roster, he’s solely being used to pad Adesanya resume.

Here are the FACTS:

-Jan has been a career journeyman who won a paper belt vs Reyes.

-He already got dusted in a similar style match up by MW Santos simply due to speed, got frustrated into lunging after being ineffective for two straight rounds and got finished with a much quicker counter.

-The UFC themselves don’t believe in Jan, they’re striking while the iron is hot: Rather than risk Jan losing his first title fight to someone like Glover, Jiri, Rakic, etc they’re feeding him to a marketable fighter before he gets exposed.

This is all a parallel of what happened with overachieving journeyman Eddie Alvarez: They fed him to up and coming Conor before he could be exposed by a legit contender.

Don’t act surprised or say @BRASIL WAND didn't warn you like I did with Conor/Eddie.

<{silvanormal}>
ScholarlyAdorableBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

Can't expose a guy whose shortcomings are well documented. 0% however is stupid, Izzy has already even KO'd by an inferior fighter

During this time where the UFC is struggling to find marketable “stars” on their roster, he’s solely being used to pad Adesanya resume.

Here are the FACTS:

-Jan has been a career journeyman who won a paper belt vs Reyes.

-He already got dusted in a similar style match up by MW Santos simply due to speed, got frustrated into lunging after being ineffective for two straight rounds and got finished with a much quicker counter.

-The UFC themselves don’t believe in Jan, they’re striking while the iron is hot: Rather than risk Jan losing his first title fight to someone like Glover, Jiri, Rakic, etc they’re feeding him to a marketable fighter before he gets exposed.

This is all a parallel of what happened with overachieving journeyman Eddie Alvarez: They fed him to up and coming Conor before he could be exposed by a legit contender.

Don’t act surprised or say @BRASIL WAND didn't warn you like I did with Conor/Eddie.

<{silvanormal}>
ScholarlyAdorableBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

Dude you told everyone Eddie would murk Conor, the internet doesn't forget.

Can't expose a guy whose shortcomings are well documented. 0% however is stupid, Izzy has already even KO'd by an inferior fighter

Pereira is in no way inferior to Adesanya, he is by far the superior fighter. Current two weight world kickboxing champ and 2-0 vs Adesanya.

Conor was in no way shape or form a lock to beat Eddie. That's what made his performance so incredible. He did that to fucking Eddie Alvarez man
Eddie is a 5'7 brawler who gets rocked every fight and hadnt had the most amazing UFC run until that point outside of the RDA upset. He was tailor made to lose to McGregor

Dana will probably kill himself if Izzy loses. Adesanya is basically his last hope in having a marketable fighter.
His other cash cows lost or are sick, so if Izzy loses he will look in the post fight press conference even more depressed than he did when Conor lost to poirier.
GSP gone
Khabib gone

Conor stopped talking trash and started losing
Jones is a loose cannon, lost confidence at 205 and moved up, future uncertain

Izzy is the last great marketable hope

and of course, this is a setup fight. But I think Jan knows this and will probably earn much more than he could if he defended vs Glover

Weird thing is from my memory they always have been successful aside from TJ who killed himself to make 125. Kind of short lived though, Conor won the belt but hasn't managed to win another fight at 155, DC won but lost in the rematch and again in the trilogy, GSP won but immediately fled without defending. Cejudo won and defended against a broken old Cruz that hadn't fought in 4 years then retired..

I don't mind Izzy but I don't like this bullshit from the UFC, these kinds of fights should be reserved for GSP vs Silva type situations where you have 2 dominant champs. Not a champ with 2 defenses (1 questionable) vs a champ with 0 defenses. Funny thing is that when fighters get to that point they aren't so willing to go up and try to win another belt.

They tried to sick Dillashaw on DJ and sicked Nunes on Cyborg. Dana absolutely hated Cyborg which is why as soon as Nunes won they jumped on the "Nunes is the GOAT!!!" narrative..

The amount of Eddie bashing on this thread is disappointing, but not surprising.

I love when plans just get spoiled, so rooting for Jan knowing damn well Izzy is light years ahead when they are upright and trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back