the UFC is setting CM up for more criticism

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I feel like the UFC is putting CM punk in a bad situation. If CM Punk beats Mickey Gall then people would still discredit CM as a fighter by saying he beat someone with next to zero experience. I understand that CM himself is new to fighting and therefore the UFC wants to match him appropriately, but there are more clever ways to do it.

Why not give CM a fight against a guy who has a name but can no longer compete at a high level? How about someone like Gray Maynard who gets KOed by anything that lands clean nowadays? Or how about Joe Lauzon who basically has become a walking punching bag? Or Diego Sanchez who has basically abandoned any idea of proper fighting and just drops his head and wings shots until he gets KOed or 50-45ed?

There are more than a handful of options the UFC could have matched CM with to give him more credibility. The UFC has more than enough guys on the roster that shouldn't be fighting in the UFC let alone fighting at all but they still have a name and at one point had good careers. SO give one of those guys to punk so people wont start crying about how punk is a fake fighter.

Ignoring the TS' idiotic OP, I wonder how ugly the fight will actually be?

If CM Punk beats Mickey Gall then people would still discredit CM as a fighter by saying he beat someone with next to zero experience.
This statement alone contradicts your argument. CM Punk actually has zero experience.
Why not give CM a fight against a guy who has a name but can no longer compete at a high level? How about someone like Gray Maynard who gets KOed by anything that lands clean nowadays? Or how about Joe Lauzon who basically has become a walking punching bag? Or Diego Sanchez who has basically abandoned any idea of proper fighting and just drops his head and wings shots until he gets KOed or 50-45ed?
Are you actually this dumb in real life? You have absolutely no grasp of MMA skill in the least. Every fighter listed here would be a guaranteed ass kicking of CM.

Ignoring the TS' idiotic OP, I wonder how ugly the fight will actually be?

I think it's wrong to throw Punk in there without having even a single smoker fight.
DDT's and top rope jumps are no preparation for the potential violence a professional fighter can unleash.

They should've put him against the photographer. Gall will smoke him.

This statement alone contradicts your argument. CM Punk actually has zero experience.

Are you actually this dumb in real life? You have absolutely no grasp of MMA skill in the least. Every fighter listed here would be a guaranteed ass kicking of CM.

Not to mention, CM Punk isn't a LW and will never be in any of those guys' weight class. lol

Do you want Maynard to die? You can't expect anyone at 170 to take this kick, let alone a 155'er.

CM-Punk-2snGA29qWqw.gif

First, your threads are always crap.

Second, he has no no professional fights, so he really has no credibility. Beating ANYONE would give him more credibility than he currently has.

I think everyone realizes that Punk is a novice who is past his physical prime and has a lot of wear and tear from he previous occupation. This is a freakshow fight and nobody is looking at Punk like he is a solid young prospect who got his spot based on merit. Nobody thinks he is some contender that is going to be fighting for the belt ever. So if he loses I don't think there is any downside except possibly for his health. The only other loss would be for Mickey Gall if he loses. Now you've just set back a prospect who has to live with the fact that he lost to a celebrity MMA dabbler.

I actually think this is one of your better threads, but that's only by comparison with some absolute shockers

- take the one where you told us all that you nearly unleashed your vitor Belfort-style hand speed on some guy who was offering you cocaine for example

I feel like the UFC is putting CM punk in a bad situation. If CM Punk beats Mickey Gall then people would still discredit CM as a fighter by saying he beat someone with next to zero experience. I understand that CM himself is new to fighting and therefore the UFC wants to match him appropriately, but there are more clever ways to do it.

There are more than a handful of options the UFC could have matched CM with to give him more credibility. The UFC has more than enough guys on the roster that shouldn't be fighting in the UFC let alone fighting at all but they still have a name and at one point had good careers. SO give one of those guys to punk so people wont start crying about how punk is a fake fighter.

How about you at least list some guys that are in the correct weight class.....

Punk, like Brock will face criticism throughout his either career no matter how far he goes. Unlike Brock though he has no real combative background and isn't likely to excel in the game. His credibility will always be on shaky ground and like any "special treatment" case the fans and the fighters will sling stones.

Back