The UFC is protecting Connor....

There's nothing "hysterical" about it. Khabib hasn't fought in forever, wasn't ever a champ, and doesn't have a big name...so his very first fight back after years should be against the biggest name in MMA right now? There's no telling how he will perform in the cage after so much time off, and he isn't going to be a big selling draw. It's not an interim title match.

The rankings provided by the UFC say he deserves the biggest fight at LW if RDA and Alvarez are unwilling/unable to compete. Just going down the rankings mah boy.

And it is funny. "Conor will fight anybody!" cough cough except Khabib

Goes up 2 weight classes for a non title fight on 2 weeks notice. #protected

It's pretty obvious they are protecting him, otherwise they would have given the fight to Cowboy who's coming off a win and in fight shape.

Instead they give it to Nate Diaz at welterweight cuz hes not even in shape to make 155

At least the shit talking will be entertaining
Cowboy fought like a damn week ago. Just because he's at weight and in fight shape that doesn't necessarily make it the best idea for him to take another fight so soon. And have we forgotten that Nate completely whooped his ass? A motivated Diaz can cause problems for anybody.
And just because Nate can't make 155 in 10 days , that doesn't mean he's out of shape. Practically every fighter walks around at much higher weights, that doesn't mean they all go Johnny Hendrix. The Diaz bros are known for staying in shape and keeping a healthy diet.

And for anyone to state that it's the UFC's decision and not Conor's is in denial. Because we all know Conor has a huge say so on who he fights and what he gets. To me, this is another Mendes situation. Even though Diaz is a dangerous opponent, they're getting an unprepared Diaz. Also saying Conor's not prepared is crazy. Because he's been training to fight the champ for awhile now. Mendes was a dangerous opponent, but unprepared.

The people begging for the fights are the ones that get denied. Edgar was ready to go originally for the Conor/Mendes fight. Khabib was ready to go and they gave it to Diaz that couldn't make weight for his own weight division in time. Conor gets dangerous opponents but gives them last minute offers, even though it wasn't Conor's fault. But picking and choosing opponents is a little close to Mayweather - saying that Pacman wasn't worthy at the time he was tearing his opponents apart, but ends up taking the fight and saying he's worthy after Pacman lost a few.

If you show me evidence of Dana/Lorenzo breaking RDA's foot i'll believe you.

McGregor took the toughest fight a weight class above where he just won a belt.

The rankings provided by the UFC say he deserves the biggest fight at LW if RDA and Alvarez are unwilling/unable to compete. Just going down the rankings mah boy.

And it is funny. "Conor will fight anybody!" cough cough except Khabib
The UFC rankings are horse shit. While Khabib has been out, other contenders have come up. So lets just destroy all other match ups to "save" one? If the matchup was for an interim belt, then i could see putting Conor against one of the other top ranked guys...but this is obviously just a money fight to keep Conor on the card. And Conor came up to fight a champ vs champ match~he's not just another guy at 155.
And come on, we all know that the business is a big factor in determining title shots. Alvarez's last performances are not deserving of a red panty night.

I can't believe you guys are not seeing the obvious. Nate is 2-3 in his last 5 fights and he gets the fight ??? @170???....Over Pettis ???....Over Cerrone who stated he wanted the fight but was weighed 174 at the time he threw his name in but told them he couldn't get down to 155 but he can fight Nate @ 170?? Cerrone was on MMA junkie radio and stated this. this proves they are protecting him ...over Tony Ferguson a exciting dynamic fighter that brigs it....the UFC is a fraud...Connor is a Fraud...They gave Nate this fight because he will "Play ball" and put Connor over ...with his reputation only he would be beyond reproach and people wouldn't suspect him of "laying down " for Connor (which he will just watch)...Nate needs money ....Nate won't pass a drug test....and Nate is NOT in shape....Other mentioned above would not "play ball" and put your fraud of a fighter over...*see them passing over Edgar for Mendes (who really is a "company man")*...it is sad to see the sport I used to love being turned into WWE show in which a person has to set reality aside and ignore the obvious...this thread will not see the light of day but it felt good to write it.

The pressers could be epic wich means $$$. Nate already played ball calling Conor out on FOX leaving footage to build the fight. With Bellators ratings this makes all the sense in the World. This is prize fighting! If theres no belt on The line go for The money fight. This is smart buisines by Conor and UFC.

Yeah. The guy that fights his worst match up on 11 days notice is protected. The only champ since bj Penn to move up & fight a heavier champ is protected. The dude who is going to fight a top LW at a weight class he's never even fought at is protected. Lol I i thnk u r rly hi dood
Having Siver for the title shot is not protected ,having Mendez who had obviously cardio issues over Edgar is not protected , having Nate with 3 days camp is not protected where the other beast like Khabib,Ferguson and Pettis were ready.
Poor Conor,he got such a hard time.
By the way ,what means the word protected tu u ?

Having Siver for the title shot is not protected ,having Mendez who had obviously cardio issues over Edgar is not protected , having Nate with 3 days camp is not protected where the other beast like Khabib,Ferguson and Pettis were ready.
Poor Conor,he got such a hard time.
By the way ,what means the word protected tu u ?
Not a guy who takes on his worst match up on 11 days notice. Not a guy who moves up to take on a bad ass champ like RDA. Not a guy that regularly agrees to opponent changes bc his original opponent isn't professional enough to make the date. & Siver was the 4th win in an already good streak. I'm not trying to say it was a great win by any means, it was an exhibition to hype up a championship fight

Man if Conor loses that's Ronda, Paige, Sage AND Conor in like 3 months. Is it really that surprising that Dana is protecting him?

Back