The UFC is protecting Connor....

Who gives a shit. We aren't getting the fight we wanted anyway. At least they did something.

I'm still disappointed though. Ugh it's only February and the 2 biggest fights so far this year have been cancelled.

That's what I'm more concerned about.

Beat up the top 2 FWs in the world and then tried to go after the 155 belt before that champ pulled out.

Yea, he only gets handpicked easy fights TS. Great thread you fucking goof
When did he beat Frankie Edgar??

Khabib is not a draw and hasn't fought in like 2 years, has no highlights, not main event/red panty night worthy. You can wine about it if you want to act like a purist but anyone with a small amour of common sense should understand this. He is also booked in a Fox main event and the UFC does not seem to be willing or able to change Fox cards at their whimsey, might be a contract thing.

Nate makes sense.

[X] #5 ranked 155er (the weight for which Connor was fighting for the belt)
[X] Big Name (don't pretend like money doesn't factor into these decisions)
[X] Will sell the fight
[X] likely to put on an exciting fight
[X] Available to fight, not injured
[X] WANTS to fight
[X] WILLING to sign the contract on short notice (Aldo said no as did others according to UFC)
[X] Wins tiebreaker vs Cerrone, who pretty much checks all the same boxes, based on head to head ass kicking

I would have loved the Cerrone fight as I am sure many would have. Cerrone to his credit has a better last 5 fights, both got smoked by RDA, Cerrone has been active as fuck and has proven he can fight well on short notice, he brings it.... oh well.

At the end of the day that TRUE shame is that RDA didn't actually make it to the fight.

theyre letting do whatever he wants.
how is that "protecting"?

No save one main event and replace a second show with another.

You're very emotional about Conor ducking Khabib. Its cute. haha

Khabib refused to fight in March originally and had his fight pushed to April... all of a sudden he can fight in March.

I'm not showing any emotion, not sure what you're on about.

You see.. paying customers pay to see a show based off the announced card. I know this is hard for you to understand since you're just a bystander and not a customer.. but the people that paid to see Khabib vs Tony next month want to see Khabib vs Tony next month. They don't want to see Tony vs ???, that isn't what they paid for.

Altering a main event on short notice should be avoided when possible for the sake of your customers. I'm not a particular fan of Conor, if anything I like Khabib more... but Khabib has been on the shelf for two years and doesn't deserve such a high profile fight till he can prove he can stay healthy and fight more than once every two years.

Ferguson is on a win streak and ahead of Diaz in the rankings

Khabib is on a win streak and ahead of Diaz in the rankings and was willing to show up.

Eddie Alvarez is ahead of Diaz in the rankings

You're pathetic for being biased and refusing to call a spade a spade.
This is a good point maybe they didnt want him fighting Khabib cause he may get injured before the fight like he usually does. Its not a good idea putting on a major card with someone who cant step outta the shower without getting injured.

Khabib refused to fight in March originally and had his fight pushed to April... all of a sudden he can fight in March.

I'm not showing any emotion, not sure what you're on about.

You see.. paying customers pay to see a show based off the announced card. I know this is hard for you to understand since you're just a bystander and not a customer.. but the people that paid to see Khabib vs Tony next month want to see Khabib vs Tony next month. They don't want to see Tony vs ???, that isn't what they paid for.

Altering a main event on short notice should be avoided when possible for the sake of your customers. I'm not a particular fan of Conor, if anything I like Khabib more... but Khabib has been on the shelf for two years and doesn't deserve such a high profile fight till he can prove he can stay healthy and fight more than once every two years.

According to the rankings provided by the UFC he does deserve the fight over everyone else excluding Alvarez. Khabib called yesterday and was willing to save the card. According to him was turned down not because of his pending match in April but because "he hasn't fought forever and fought bears". Realistically, depending on the outcome of the fight he could still potentially fight in April. Or it could be replaced all together.

Its hysterical that when asking for a fight he is denied "because he hasn't had a fight forever" Well give him the fight then UFC and that fixes that.

theyre letting do whatever he wants.
how is that "protecting"?
like Floyd Mayweather??? and you see what kind of fights we got from that guy in boxing...Connor is like Floyd Mayweather FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS

It's at 170? Conor is fighting at 170???

You shitting me?

According to the rankings provided by the UFC he does deserve the fight over everyone else excluding Alvarez. Khabib called yesterday and was willing to save the card. According to him was turned down not because of his pending match in April but because "he hasn't fought forever and fought bears". Realistically, depending on the outcome of the fight he could still potentially fight in April. Or it could be replaced all together.

Its hysterical that when asking for a fight he is denied "because he hasn't had a fight forever" Well give him the fight then UFC and that fixes that.

So you're just going to ignore everything I say and keep repeating the same dumb shit.

Noted.

The real truth is no matter who McGregor gets matched against you'll find some way to complain about it.

So you're just going to ignore everything I say and keep repeating the same dumb shit.

Noted.

The real truth is no matter who McGregor gets matched against you'll find some way to complain about it.

Again if this situation was treated as a sport what I said makes the most sense. You're seeing it from a show business model.

It's pretty obvious they are protecting him, otherwise they would have given the fight to Cowboy who's coming off a win and in fight shape.

Instead they give it to Nate Diaz at welterweight cuz hes not even in shape to make 155

At least the shit talking will be entertaining

Noted.

The real truth is no matter who McGregor gets matched against you'll find some way to complain about it.[/QUOTEn
It's pretty obvious they are protecting him, otherwise they would have given the fight to Cowboy who's coming off a win and in fight shape.

Instead they give it to Nate Diaz at welterweight cuz hes not even in shape to make 155

At least the shit talking will be entertaining
this again....

I can't believe you guys are not seeing the obvious. Nate is 2-3 in his last 5 fights and he gets the fight ??? @170???....Over Pettis ???....Over Cerrone who stated he wanted the fight but was weighed 174 at the time he threw his name in but told them he couldn't get down to 155 but he can fight Nate @ 170?? Cerrone was on MMA junkie radio and stated this. this proves they are protecting him ...over Tony Ferguson a exciting dynamic fighter that brigs it....the UFC is a fraud...Connor is a Fraud...They gave Nate this fight because he will "Play ball" and put Connor over ...with his reputation only he would be beyond reproach and people wouldn't suspect him of "laying down " for Connor (which he will just watch)...Nate needs money ....Nate won't pass a drug test....and Nate is NOT in shape....Other mentioned above would not "play ball" and put your fraud of a fighter over...*see them passing over Edgar for Mendes (who really is a "company man")*...it is sad to see the sport I used to love being turned into WWE show in which a person has to set reality aside and ignore the obvious...this thread will not see the light of day but it felt good to write it.
I can't believe you are starting threads when you never learned how to form a single sentence.

There's nothing "hysterical" about it. Khabib hasn't fought in forever, wasn't ever a champ, and doesn't have a big name...so his very first fight back after years should be against the biggest name in MMA right now? There's no telling how he will perform in the cage after so much time off, and he isn't going to be a big selling draw. It's not an interim title match.

I can't believe you guys are not seeing the obvious. Nate is 2-3 in his last 5 fights and he gets the fight ??? @170???....Over Pettis ???....Over Cerrone who stated he wanted the fight but was weighed 174 at the time he threw his name in but told them he couldn't get down to 155 but he can fight Nate @ 170?? Cerrone was on MMA junkie radio and stated this. this proves they are protecting him ...over Tony Ferguson a exciting dynamic fighter that brigs it....the UFC is a fraud...Connor is a Fraud...They gave Nate this fight because he will "Play ball" and put Connor over ...with his reputation only he would be beyond reproach and people wouldn't suspect him of "laying down " for Connor (which he will just watch)...Nate needs money ....Nate won't pass a drug test....and Nate is NOT in shape....Other mentioned above would not "play ball" and put your fraud of a fighter over...*see them passing over Edgar for Mendes (who really is a "company man")*...it is sad to see the sport I used to love being turned into WWE show in which a person has to set reality aside and ignore the obvious...this thread will not see the light of day but it felt good to write it.
He was scheduled to fight the best guy in the division, which is the opposite of being protected. The real conspiracy is how morons get to flood sherdog with the dumbest, shittiest threads imaginable.

Back