The UFC is kind of mediocre right now.

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
The good
135: TJ, Cody, Cruz, Moraes, and Rivera are all close to or in their prime. Lineker, Dodson, Sterling are good fighters too.

145: Another pretty competitive division Max, Ortega, and Moicano are clearly above the rest, Frankie, Lamas and Cub are getting old. KZ, Bektic, Katter, Burgos are all future contenders/Top 5-10 contenders.
Chad just came back, but we will have to see.

155: Conor vs Khabib is a huge fight. You also have Tony, Dustin, Lee, Edson, Gaethje who are also all excellent and have the ability to contend.

The Bad

125: Its always been a weak division, and now the champ is running up to 135, putting the shitty division on hold again.

170: Traditionally one of the better divisions, but it kind of sucks right now. Tyron is pretty boring, along with Thompson, Till, and Usman. RDA lacks the power and size to beat the larger men. Robbie is injured, and his future is questionable. Maia is basically done. Magny will lose to the best guys. Masvidal is inconsistent, Ponz is fun to watch, but I don't think he can grapple with the top 5. Donald, Gunnar, Kim, will never be champs.

185: Was really exciting for a while with Robert, Chris, Luke, Romero, Jacare were on top and streaking. Now you have a lot of aging guys, and many who have talked about moving to 205. Jacare is getting old. Luke vs Chris 2 is a good fight, but both fighters haven't looked as good and could honestly go either way. Romero is still competitive, but never makes weight, is 41 and talked about going up to 205. He simply wont be arround much longer. I love Robert, has a great style, but I don't know who he is gonna be fighting in a few years other then the aging top 10.

205: Jones is out, might be coming back. Gus is a good fighter. DC is champ but is about done. The only contender in this weight class I see doing anything is Dominick Reyes, but other then that this division is in a serious slump. It sucks right now, no other way to say it.

HW: Has fun match ups, but the division has zero new blood other then Ngannou and Lewis. Its pretty noncompetitive to be honest.

All womens divisons are notoriously weak, except for maybe the top 3/5, then there is a huge drop off and the fights just are not fun to watch. I believe it goes to decision 70% of the time.

UFC isn't dying, but Its definitely not in its prime. I would say MMA peaked in 2009-2013. Had some success in the Ronda/Conor years 2013-2016, but it has been in a low point ever since. Conor is the only PPV draw, DC gets about half as much, then it just goes down from there.

Diaz and conor are back though so this next little bit will be good.

Yea it feels flat. Hard to give a shit about it at the moment.

Personally i think wsw is a good and healthy division with andrade gadhela karolina joanna and rose lots of good match ups to be made.

Other wise yeah match making has been a let down.

You left out Kelvin Gastelum (Who is facing Whittaker next), Paulo Costa, Israel Adesanya at MW. Young guys and all great future contenders.

Also, Darren Till moving up to MW is bound to happen sooner or later.

I’m just holding out for one last run from Anderson.

A man can dream.

Agreed. Not gonna lie it's hard to be a hardcore fan right now. UFC keeps making interim belts left and right, random matchups that don't make sense, and card quality has been ehh.

Not sure how many times we need to say it, but please UFC make less cards to build more hype and card quality will be worth buying!

All womens divisons are notoriously weak, except for maybe the top 3/5, then there is a huge drop off and the fights just are not fun to watch. I believe it goes to decision 70% of the time.
I don’t know why this lie gets repeated. Even the top 3-5 suck.

The good
135: TJ, Cody, Cruz, Moraes, and Rivera are all close to or in their prime. Lineker, Dodson, Sterling are good fighters too.

145: Another pretty competitive division Max, Ortega, and Moicano are clearly above the rest, Frankie, Lamas and Cub are getting old. KZ, Bektic, Katter, Burgos are all future contenders/Top 5-10 contenders.
Chad just came back, but we will have to see.

155: Conor vs Khabib is a huge fight. You also have Tony, Dustin, Lee, Edson, Gaethje who are also all excellent and have the ability to contend.

The Bad

125: Its always been a weak division, and now the champ is running up to 135, putting the shitty division on hold again.

170: Traditionally one of the better divisions, but it kind of sucks right now. Tyron is pretty boring, along with Thompson, Till, and Usman. RDA lacks the power and size to beat the larger men. Robbie is injured, and his future is questionable. Maia is basically done. Magny will lose to the best guys. Masvidal is inconsistent, Ponz is fun to watch, but I don't think he can grapple with the top 5. Donald, Gunnar, Kim, will never be champs.

185: Was really exciting for a while with Robert, Chris, Luke, Romero, Jacare were on top and streaking. Now you have a lot of aging guys, and many who have talked about moving to 205. Jacare is getting old. Luke vs Chris 2 is a good fight, but both fighters haven't looked as good and could honestly go either way. Romero is still competitive, but never makes weight, is 41 and talked about going up to 205. He simply wont be arround much longer. I love Robert, has a great style, but I don't know who he is gonna be fighting in a few years other then the aging top 10.

205: Jones is out, might be coming back. Gus is a good fighter. DC is champ but is about done. The only contender in this weight class I see doing anything is Dominick Reyes, but other then that this division is in a serious slump. It sucks right now, no other way to say it.

HW: Has fun match ups, but the division has zero new blood other then Ngannou and Lewis. Its pretty noncompetitive to be honest.

UFC isn't dying, but Its definitely not in its prime. I would say MMA peaked in 2009-2013. Had some success in the Ronda/Conor years 2013-2016, but it has been in a low point ever since. Conor is the only PPV draw, DC gets about half as much, then it just goes down from there.

Disagree:

170 is always a deep division. Usman is a boring beast but he is still a beast along with Thompson. And i always felt like welterweight always brings in new guys fairly quickly.

At 185 you have some good blood for Whitaker if he remains champ for a few years. You know Israel Adesanya and Paulo Costa. You also have a great title match up down the line in Kevlin Gastelum. Pretty sure Till will be there as well in 2 years.

HW is kind of awesome. Ngannou and lewis are not the only new bloods, you have Curtis blaydes, Volkov and Tai Tuivasa who took out overeem, werdum and arlovski (the old guard).

Last night fight night was awesome. UFC 228 isn't that interesting however 229 and 230 look like crackers of a card and you have fight nights headlined with Edgar- KZ and Ponz-Magny down the line.

YOu be tripping bruh

I'd like to see mighty duck fight that cocky Brazilian from last night.

Middleweight and below is fine, we just need the champs to actually fight (proper contenders) so the titles become meaningful again.

LHW and HW are lost causes.

so that basically means the entire sport is mediocre

Conor vs Khabib will be an epic collision of worlds. Trust me it will be the most epic fight of all time and it will bring a lot of people back in MMA. My grandma actually asked me yesterday if I was going to watch the fight. This is huge because I really don't know how she knows about this fight and she is really old af and is 50% blind and deaf.-Kenny

SUPER MEDIOCRE.

I care Fuck all about their profits.

The product is more watered down than it's ever been.

I went from purchasing about 75% of the fights about 5yrs ago and before to not buying ANY now and just catching the FEW fights I like when I can.

They have really destroyed a formerly great product.

Shit McDonald's makes a shit ton of money and I wasnt alive but I GUARANTEE those burgers and shakes were WAY BETTER in the 60s!!!lmao

Last edited:
Conor vs Khabib will be an epic collision of worlds. Trust me it will be the most epic fight of all time and it will bring a lot of people back in MMA. My grandma actually asked me yesterday if I was going to watch the fight. This is huge because I really don't know how she knows about this fight and she is really old af and is 50% blind and deaf.-Kenny
Absolutely TRUE, but that is 1 Fight Fam.

I'd also argue while an EXTREMELY compelling match up, part of the allure is that there hasn't been anything else compelling in QUITE a while.

Sad....

You left out Kelvin Gastelum (Who is facing Whittaker next), Paulo Costa, Israel Adesanya at MW. Young guys and all great future contenders.

Also, Darren Till moving up to MW is bound to happen sooner or later.

Forgot Kelvin. He is a beast, and he is still young. I think Costa looks the part, but I can't get over his physique. I can not accept him to be natty. Not sold on Adesanya, think he has trouble against the grapplers.

UFC has been mediocre since Conor left.

Well... I guess we DID have the Ngannou hype train that lasted a week or two.

Back