The UFC is considering Max Kellerman as Goldberg's replacement...

I actually like Max Kellerman. They're clearly trying to appeal to a broader audience with a familiar face in Max. I just don't know how much he actually knows about MMA.

Hiring someone who knows dick about the sport is some corporate bullshit.
Yeah from my understanding they're firing someone for not knowing enough about the sport and considering hiring someone that knows even less.

I've always liked Max, from way back when we used to pirate boxing PPV's with the direct tv card hacks.

kellerman is literally the best in the biz. he would actually legitimately be the only replacement i wouldnt find terrible

kellerman is literally the best in the biz. he would actually legitimately be the only replacement i wouldnt find terrible

I agree. I love his commentary and professionalism. But I really hate Goldberg so I would be happy if they replaced him with a broom.

Listen to his 206 commentary, talked twice as much as before but twice the mistakes too. You can hear the desperation in his voice trying to save his job.
I do feel like he was a little bit better overall but your right about there being some more mistakes and just overall corniness lol but he does do an awesome job of calling the fight when someone wins in exciting fashion or when someone wins a belt.

To be honest I feel like you don't really need a strict play by play guy for MMA. Joe Rogan can read off all the ads and do the little bit of play by play needed imo...during the fights it is usually Joe talking most anyways...and I wouldn't mind someone like Frank Mir working with Joe...other than that there aren't too many guys I like for the job. Maybe Dom when he gets the hang of it. He was allright his first show. It's a completely different thing being live for 3+ hours than doing a pre/post fight show gig.

Back