The UFC has become more Entertainment then it is a Sport

Still missing the point and you don't understand the meaning of non sequitur.

But nothing is funnier than you thinking playoff changes were not 100% about money.
It shows you know zero history of business decisions by sporting leagues .

Have a good one though.
I used the word appropriately. And you missed my point entirely and then brought up some irrelevant shit about playoffs in ball sports.

Try to find the single person on Earth that thinks league champions should be decided on by vote instead of a playoff system, and that that's somehow comparable to anything I said about mandatory title defenses. I'll wait and have a good one until then.

Imagine thinking adding teams to playoffs wasn't a money decision lol.
Imagine changing your "point" entirely now, lol.

the "nfl" doesn't own the "nfl". the franchise owners do. the system was absolutely changed to make more money. the "nfl" can't make changes that fuck over the actual owners. because the "nfl" aren't the owners of the nfl.

"The NFL" are the owners collectively. So what are you trying to gainsay exactly?

when has that ever happened?

it happens in boxing all the time because of all the different sanctioning bodies.

Michael Bisping just held onto the belt for about 18th months without facing a top 10 MW contender. He had two title defenses in this time. This was barely over a year ago. If he had beat GSP it would have been closer to 2 years and very good chance he wouldn't have faced a top contender for a third time.

In boxing the promoter doesnt "regulate" the belts, they have big fights that sometimes dont have a title on the line, also there are multiple titles, but it comes down as basically the UFC (or MMA) is one big thing with promoter and belts coming from the same place, single place, with Boxing a guy can fight for like 4 or more major belts for a weight class, which they have many more than MMA, so orgs do not hesitate on stripping fighters, they collect on title defenses, they strip fighters for not paying the fee before a fight, so the title becames sort of vacant and only available to the other guy that did pay the fee.
I already pointed out it was flawed and can get stupid when I brought up Fury being stripped of one of his titles for not making a mandatory defense when he had to contractually give Wlad a rematch. Also certain titles are more prestigious than others. Still it's better than what the UFC has now. Since the UFC was bought by WME the matchmaking is even more BS than before. Also what you said just aids my point, the UFC is a single promotion, there's no reason there can't be a mandatory defense for the #1 contender within a reasonable time frame, it doesn't have to get messy at all.

Imagine changing your "point" entirely now, lol.

"The NFL" are the owners collectively. So what are you trying to gainsay exactly?
it's not in the financial interest of the individual franchise owners to disenfranchise their markets. quite obviously for the franchises that are excluded from the prizes. but also for the collective league (even the winners will lose). obviously.

Michael Bisping just held onto the belt for about 18th months without facing a top 10 MW contender. He had two title defenses in this time. This was barely over a year ago. If he had beat GSP it would have been closer to 2 years and very good chance he wouldn't have faced a top contender for a third time.
what's the evidence he wouldn't have faced a top contender? who would he have faced?

like i said its rare that you have unworthy challengers for the title. hendo certainly is one rare outlier. gsp obviously is unique. the mw division was a bit of a mess with the cloud over romero's win over jacare.

but yes, bisping situation was an outlier for sure.

Its not just the UFC.
This vid popped up in my feed this morning.

Ive been thinking about show biz in the NBA for a while now.
Its all rigged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back