The UFC didn't have the lineal welterweight title between 1999-2010.

I actually appreciate the time and effort that you put into these threads TS

How about the lineal Best Eva title? More research, please.

The Best Eva title originated with Phil Barroni's victory over Dave Menne and continued as follows...
Matt Lindland-Frankie Vitalle-Matt Lindland-David Terrel-Evan Tanner-Rich Franklin-Anderson Silva-Chris Weidman-Luke Rockhold-Michael Bisping...and may forever be held by GSP.

The Best Eva title originated with Phil Barroni's victory over Dave Menne and continued as follows...
Matt Lindland-Frankie Vitalle-Matt Lindland-David Terrel-Evan Tanner-Rich Franklin-Anderson Silva-Chris Weidman-Luke Rockhold-Michael Bisping...and may forever be held by GSP.

Beautiful work! Man, GSP: Lineal eternal WW champion AND the Best Eva...!

Those fights were part of a Welterweight tournament; they didn't even have a Middleweight title.

AUo58Ls.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_on_the_Rock#Rumble_on_the_Rock_champions
I remember Jake Shields was touted for having defeated Okami and Condit in one night, and he defeated Dan Henderson.

If we don't count the rumble on the Rock fights as they're at 175, then would Anderson have simply vacated in 2001? If so I wonder who the number one and two fighters were at the time? Hughes vs Sakurai?

Lineal titles are stupid and meaningless

Tyson Fury
Lineal Brawl For It All Champ

MMA really doesn’t have lineal legacies, sad. That’s where I wish UFC was more like boxing where fighters fought until their end and were real champions.

just like Pride called WW the 183lbs division
It was close enough in weight for the UFC to unify the Pride Welterweight title with the UFC Middleweight title, so I simply applied the same logic.

It was close enough in weight for the UFC to unify the Pride Welterweight title with the UFC Middleweight title, so I simply applied the same logic.

You got the logic wrong, mate.
Any bout above170 and below 185 lbs is considered MW. So 183 is MW, so is 175. It's not about being far or close

Back