The UFC did not protect Conor from RDA...

ScottNM

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
They did not protect him from Aldo either. AND they will not protect him from fighting RDA when he finishes Diaz next week. When people second guess after him STILL being ready for RDA and say he is protected...... keep watching and try to grow up. Thx

The only somewhat questionable thing to me was the Khabib situation.

Not that I want to see Khabib wet-blanket him, but it kinda raised an eyebrow on the 'protecting' subject imo.

Last edited:
Conor already said that he doesn't want to commit to fight RDA again because RDA can't commit to it.

Conor is afraid of RDA. He is afraid of Frankie.

I can say whatever I want as well. Thx.

You misunderstand. The protecting is on the way to the title fights.

Who did he beat @LW to get his shot at RDA? Why did he fight out of shape Mendes instead of ready to fight Edgar?

I don't believe Khabib would employ a 100% grappling strategy, it would be foolish to be one dimensional against any elite fighter. Khabib can also box too so I'm sure he'd mix it up a bit and force Conor into a sprawl 'n' brawl fight and possibly forcing Conor to throw timing and technique out of the window. I am 60/40 for Conor on that one.

Children, Conor was ready for Aldo and RDA. You guys are nuts. He is not the one pulling from fighting the division champs. Grow a brain or watch him break RDA later in the year. I cannot imagine the denial posts after he takes RDA's belt. Maybe you could say "there protecting him from Jon Jones, maybe..." LOL

Not that I want to see Knabib wet-blanket him, but it kinda raised an eyebrow on the 'protecting' subject imo.

I think it was mostly a money-wise decision.
Let's be honest, nobody apart from a hardcore fan knows who Khabib is. He has done himself a huge disservice by not fighting for so long.
Honestly, I don't even remember his last fight, I don't know how he fought, I remember very very little about him and I watch every UFC.
He may be a beast but it would be stupid of the UFC to take a dangerous fight against a complete no-name to be honest.

is someone actually saying the ufc is protecting conor from guys he was signed to or did fight?

I don't believe Khabib would employ a 100% grappling strategy, it would be foolish to be one dimensional against any elite fighter. Khabib can also box too so I'm sure he'd mix it up a bit and force Conor into a sprawl 'n' brawl fight and possibly forcing Conor to throw timing and technique out of the window. I am 60/40 for Conor on that one.
I slightly disagree with you bro when you say it would be foolish to be one dimensional against elite fighters....it would be very boring ofc but as I have seen in couple of fights recently....it does work..that is the reason why DC wrestlefucked Rumble till exhaustion and very recently...Eddie Alvarez did the same to Pettis

Why face khabib, pettis, an in shape cowboy when you can face an unprepared 5-5 in his last ten fights, Nate Diaz.

Why face the #1 contender frankie edgar when you can face an out of shape, Chad Mendes

Hey, why not face a fucking Denis Siver and get a title shot after it?

Not that I want to see Khabib wet-blanket him, but it kinda raised an eyebrow on the 'protecting' subject imo.

No one was protecting Conor from Khabib and Conor isn't ducking him either, Khabib just didn't deserve the spot. Khabib also comes off as entitled for whatever that's worth.

They had much less to lose with RDA beating Conor. RDA winning revitalized the Brazilian market for them and gave them more incentive to hype him ala Holly when she KOd Ronda.

Plus no shame in Conor losing to the LW champ. Would've most likely been ready to defend the FW belt by UFC 200

Conor is afraid of RDA. He is afraid of Frankie.

I can say whatever I want as well. Thx.

I think Conor could handle The Answer.
Khabib though is a boss in the Octagon and his wrestling style can neutralize a striker's game.
Looking forward to see what Ferguson can do with Eagle.....

No one was protecting Conor from Khabib and Conor isn't ducking him either, Khabib just didn't deserve the spot. Khabib also comes off as entitled for whatever that's worth.

>Khabib didn't deserve the sport

Yeah a guy who is 22-0, dominated the current LW champ, and willing to make 155 on 10 days notice "didn't" deserve the spot...

#PROTECTED

>Khabib didn't deserve the sport

Yeah a guy who is 22-0, dominated the current LW champ, and willing to make 155 on 10 days notice "didn't" deserve the spot...

#PROTECTED

Yeah, a guy who beat the current champ 2 years ago and has been inactive since really deserved the spot, especially after pulling out of something like 3 fights since then.

I slightly disagree with you bro when you say it would be foolish to be one dimensional against elite fighters....it would be very boring ofc but as I have seen in couple of fights recently....it does work..that is the reason why DC wrestlefucked Rumble till exhaustion and very recently...Eddie Alvarez did the same to Pettis

DC is an all round better fighter than AJ even though AJ's kickboxing is better. Eddie Alvarez beat Anthony Pettis because Eddie made it a battle of attrition and Eddie will always win in that kind of fight.

Conor chose Nate above Khabib, Ferguson, Benson (before he went to Bellator), Pettis, and Cerrone months ago. That's why Nate said, "you know something I don't?"

This fight was going to happen very soon.

You misunderstand. The protecting is on the way to the title fights.

Who did he beat @LW to get his shot at RDA? Why did he fight out of shape Mendes instead of ready to fight Edgar?

Conor had a bad knee injury in the fight with mendes. And mendes knew about that fight many weeks before. Don't you think he knew aldo could pull out and he might get called? Of course he did. But he needs that excuse for him losing...

Back