The UFC commentating setup

hayz

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was watching UFC 155 and I honestly did prefer Anik over Goldie even though Goldie does bring that extra bit of excitement. Anik was more calm, more professional which is one thing I don't feel recently when I see Rogan and Goldie commentate..they seem way too comfortable with each other. I was really sceptical about Anik at first but to be honest in my opinion he did a good job BUT do you guys feel that the UFC commentating team would be better with a third man in there? Like an ex-fighter who is well-spoken and intelligent who can occasionally chime in here and there with some information and opinions, sort of like a Brian Stann, Randy Couture and even Chael Sonnen.

I was watching the Khan v Molina fight which was on Showtime and it had Mauro Ranello, Al Bernstein and Paulie Malignaggi commentating the fight and it was GREAT. Paulie provided a lot of information about what was going on in the fight which people often miss, Bernstein was also chiming in with some information and Mauro (I understand some people hate him A LOT) was also involved with the commentating.

If they do add a third man, who do you think it should be? Do you even think they should?

I dont know if I like the 3rd man dynamic. As for replacing Goldie with Anik I'm not sure. I like Anik but I'm use to Goldie, he's like a good pair of jeans.

Fuck Anik

Goldie/Rogan/Randy

Post to Dana and end thread/

Anik gets quiet way too often. If you pay attention to the fuel cards with him and Kenny you will catch several 5-10 second pauses. Goldie never stops talking mostly stupid, but it wouldn't feel right without him.

I'd be happy if they replaced Goldie with the sounds of my dog chewing on one of his squeaky toys. Just let my boy sit next to Joe during the fight, squeaking away and not reminding me that the thud sound is much worse than the slap sound. I don't know if Joe's a dog guy, but maybe the reduced stress having a more intelligent broadcast partner, like my dog, would keep him a little more sober during events. Just a thought.

I'd be happy if they replaced Goldie with the sounds of my dog chewing on one of his squeaky toys. Just let my boy sit next to Joe during the fight, squeaking away and not reminding me that the thud sound is much worse than the slap sound. I don't know if Joe's a dog guy, but maybe the reduced stress having a more intelligent broadcast partner, like my dog, would keep him a little more sober during events. Just a thought.

Some good shit right here.

But seriously, I prefer Goldie. I know he's goofie, and even after all these years, he still doesn't seem to know wtf is happening sometimes and Rogan has to correct him. But he's been there forever; please keep him.

And Anik is boring as FUCK. Just sayin

Goldie is who I want back! He is on original, Anik is good "B" team guy. Let Goldie work his shit out and bring him back.

This is great what about Anik though do you like him?

Goldie is who I want back! He is on original, Anik is good "B" team guy. Let Goldie work his shit out and bring him back.

I'm still making the case for my dog on this one. He hasn't had nearly the exposure to MMA that Goldie has, but judging from the way he defends a triangle, he's picking it up a lot faster.

Goldie>Anik

I prefer to watch UFC via streams over watching it on the TV, just because I hate the commentating on my native language. Nobody can beat Goldie/Rogan.

not that i dont like goldberg but my ideal would be a trio of the voice/rogan/couture.
Now that would make for amazing commentary!!

He needs pressure him up to set the punches. - Randy Couture
WHAT A TREMENDOUS LEFT HOOK!!! - Joe Rogan
ITS GOOD NIGHT IRENE!! - The Voice

Back