The UFC can't be this stupid...

Street Level

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know Maldonado was a late replacement for JDS. But having him, who is a lhw, and a hometown boy come in and STILL be the main event was fucking stupid. Where was the guy that should have said, "hey guys, maybe we shouldn't have a lhw and hometown guy fight a top heavyweight that has no ties to the local fans". Seriously.
They should have moved that fight to the co-main. They should have sucked it up and had the TUF guys be the main attractions...as bad as that sounds.
Am I crazy?

At least they offered refunds for fans who thought the same thing.

obama_cares.gif

so....you're complaining about bout order? you wanted the same fights, but in different order? on a free card?

holy shit guys

I am just sad I saw a warrior go out on his shield so quickly... I actually feel for the guy because he seems nice. As for the card it was free...so if you didnt pay dont really complain...it could have been a snooze fest.

Yeah #7 Heavyweight in the world vs a lhw that is not even a top 20 we all knew that that was going to happen. Ah well, hopefully he fights JDS next.

Yeah #7 Heavyweight in the world vs a lhw that is not even a top 20 we all knew that that was going to happen. Ah well, hopefully he fights JDS next.

/Thread.

I am glad the fight was stopped that quickly.

Maldonado would have gotten brain damage if they let it continue.

I am just sad I saw a warrior go out on his shield so quickly... I actually feel for the guy because he seems nice. As for the card it was free...so if you didnt pay dont really complain...it could have been a snooze fest.

so....you're complaining about bout order? you wanted the same fights, but in different order? on a free card?

holy shit guys

No complaints here.

I just think it would have been better for the local fight fans to see a local guy win...not get starched lol.

No complaints here.

I just think it would have been better for the local fight fans to see a local guy win...not get starched lol.

haha I agree.. I really just dont think anyone expected him to get smashed that bad.. I knew he would lose but my jaw dropped at that.

For late replacements they needed local guys. Visas and whatnot. Lots of considerations

That fight had no business happening in the first place, late replacement or not. Main event or not. Maldonado is a lower-tier LHW and Stipe is an elite HW.

That fight had no business happening in the first place, late replacement or not. Main event or not. Maldonado is a lower-tier LHW and Stipe is an elite HW.

This all day...end of story

If you're gonna complain about matchmaking, do it before the fight happens.

Maldonado went to old-school bravery levels when someone needed to step up. Everyone stop bitching.

So many UFC only fans here are just as stupid. The usual Wrassler and other clueless fans thought Fabio had a chance and this would be a good fight. After all Fabio was fighting in a UFC octagon & the UFC was hyping him up so his skill level and magic points should go up. The same types of fans that if Bellator signed some of the 8k replaceable mediocre guys on these cards they would be a bunch of scrubs not worth their time. But since the UFC signed them it's worth spending you whole day indoors and being excited for these cards. Soa Palleili is also really good and can contend. Just ask around here.

holy shit guys

I think he's talking about how it resonates with the casuals. They don't have a sense of the significance of a given bout unless you tell them by placing it as the main/co-main event.

I know Maldonado was a late replacement for JDS. But having him, who is a lhw, and a hometown boy come in and STILL be the main event was fucking stupid. Where was the guy that should have said, "hey guys, maybe we shouldn't have a lhw and hometown guy fight a top heavyweight that has no ties to the local fans". Seriously.
They should have moved that fight to the co-main. They should have sucked it up and had the TUF guys be the main attractions...as bad as that sounds.
Am I crazy?

So you're saying that Brazilian fans are thin skinned cry babies who have to be catered to with matches that are favorable to their fighters? Got it.

Just watched the "fight"..... Nothing else to say.

Back