***The UFC/Bellator/MMA Off-Topic Thread v8, Somebody Had To Do It***

Lol @ complaining about Volkanovski's performance.
Hes right. Fight wasn't competitive. Despite Max being pretty durable he looked slow and lethargic all night compared to their 1st 2 meetings. Also, damaged Max pretty bad. You kind of hope for a finish in situations like that (even though Max durable.)
Many people aren't fans of point fighting for 25 mins with no real attempts to finish.

Is it a good win and impressive that Volk could widely outclass an elite fighter like Max like that???
Yes it is.
Is it something I want to watch for entertainment when there are so many finishers in both sports or people who take risk.... Nope just not my idea of a "great fight."

Hes right. Fight wasn't competitive. Despite Max being pretty durable he looked slow and lethargic all night compared to their 1st 2 meetings. Also, damaged Max pretty bad. You kind of hope for a finish in situations like that (even though Max durable.)
Many people aren't fans of point fighting for 25 mins with no real attempts to finish.

Is it a good win and impressive that Volk could widely outclass an elite fighter like Max like that???
Yes it is.
Is it something I want to watch for entertainment when there are so many finishers in both sports or people who take risk.... Nope just not my idea of a "great fight."
<JackieThumbsUp>

Yes it is.
I like Volkanovski and believe he deserves his No. 2 P4P rating. He's a beast. However, I saw a golden opportunity for him to finish Max last night regardless of how durable the Hawaiian is. Both of his eyes were a mess, one swollen shut, the other with blood pouring into it. He was compromised and I would've liked to see Volkanovski push for the stoppage. That's literally the only criticism I had of his performance and I think it's fair. Max had absolutely nothing for him. He didn't win a single round. The difference in speed alone was giving him fits. He wasn't seeing Volkanovski's shots and getting stung repeatedly. It was still a brilliant performance nevertheless.

I like Volkanovski and believe he deserves his No. 2 P4P rating. He's a beast. However, I saw a golden opportunity for him to finish Max last night regardless of how durable the Hawaiian is. Both of his eyes were a mess, one swollen shut, the other with blood pouring into it. He was compromised and I would've liked to see Volkanovski push for the stoppage. That's literally the only criticism I had of his performance and I think it's fair. Max had absolutely nothing for him. He didn't win a single round. The difference in speed alone was giving him fits. He wasn't seeing Volkanovski's shots and getting stung repeatedly. It was still a brilliant performance nevertheless.
Yep exactly. I can acknowledge that the best chess players are brilliant and world class minds.
But I ain't gonna watching 2 fkn nerd dorks play a board game....lmao

Yep exactly. I can acknowledge that the best chess players are brilliant and world class minds.
But I ain't gonna watching 2 fkn nerd dorks play a board game....lmao
Yeah that shit is boring. It's not like we don't appreciate their strategic brilliance. It's just not even remotely entertaining to watch as an observer. Especially if there's a premium. To be honest I don't even know what last night's event cost for the UFC 276 card. I know it was on ESPN+ but I didn't have to pay to watch it. I'll bet it cost a pretty penny.

Edit. It cost $74.99 just for the PPV alone. You also have to be an ESPN+ subscriber to watch it ($6.99/month). That's $82 altogether and that's even before tax and any other additional charges lol. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Yeah that shit is boring. It's not like we don't appreciate their strategic brilliance. It's just not even remotely entertaining to watch as an observer. Especially if there's a premium. To be honest I don't even know what last night's event cost for the UFC 276 card. I know it was on ESPN+ but I didn't have to pay to watch it. I'll bet it cost a pretty penny.

Edit. It cost $74.99 just for the PPV alone. You also have to be an ESPN+ subscriber to watch it ($6.99/month). That's $82 altogether and that's even before tax and any other additional charges lol. Ridiculous.
Yeah, I ended up missing it. I didn't feel like $75 and didn't bother chasing a stream for it, either. Shocked Izzy wasn't fireworks. I haven't seen him for a while, but that guy brought it when I had. Oh well.

Yeah never worth that unless you can split it at least 4 ways

Yeah, I ended up missing it. I didn't feel like $75 and didn't bother chasing a stream for it, either. Shocked Izzy wasn't fireworks. I haven't seen him for a while, but that guy brought it when I had. Oh well.
That's understandable. Izzy dominated and outclassed him as he usually does to his opponents. Cannonier has to share the blame for not bringing it as much as he should've. I figured he'd try and wrestle more but he only attempted a few takedowns the entire fight. UFC 277 is next but its main event is a chick fight, Pena vs Nunes II (Pena upset her last time). I'll watch but that's not a great main event. UFC 278 looks more interesting. The main event of that card will be Usman vs Edwards. I like that match-up a lot.

Watching this Bellator on Showtime. Lima versus Jackson is in round 5. The event hasn't been bad, but this fight.
Jackson has gotten a takedown in every round that he then does nothing with as far as any damage or sub attempts. Awful stuff.

Watching this Bellator on Showtime. Lima versus Jackson is in round 5. The event hasn't been bad, but this fight.
Jackson has gotten a takedown in every round that he then does nothing with as far as any damage or sub attempts. Awful stuff.
Sounds like classic lay & pray (top control with no GnP damage or sub attempts). I'm not missing anything then.

Sounds like classic lay & pray (top control with no GnP damage or sub attempts). I'm not missing anything then.
It was brutal. I still blame Greg Jackson and GSP for ruining MMA. Everyone (even GSP!) went for finishes prior to Jackson's whole point-fighting "ground control" BS.

Edit to add I see there is a UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ at noon. I may catch some of that.

Back