The U.S. Air Force Has Secretly Flown A Demonstrator For Its Next-Generation Fighter

What an absolute waste of money. If we need them to fight China then we shouldn’t have sent them all that wealth. It’s fkn stupid. The whole thing. Nukes and an armed populace keep us safe.

Their hypersonic (and Russia’s) and carrier killer ballistic missiles are just psyops I’m sure.

They’re trying and will get there but they’re not there yet.

Russia i know hows them, but the Russian missile force is very modern.

6th gens been in Development since 2011 or some shit

Aye, at this rate it seems that the 6th gen fighters will roll out before mass production of the F35 even starts.

The EU has two projects going:-

-The Tempest, based out of Britain, and spearheaded by BAE Systems.

-The Future Combat, out of France, and spearheaded by Airbus D&S.

I'm sure Russia and China are not far behind.

I'm not an aerospace engineer, but I'm confused by the mix of very organic curves and very 80s-looking sharp lines on these cutting edge aircraft.

The profile of the plane with generate heat and noise signatures, so an optimization process will take place with computer modelling, wind tunnell testing, ect to reduce this.

But there are limitations on what can be done here, as stealth is only ever going to be a secondary objective, even on stealth bombers. The primary objective will by the integrity of the aerofoil and the minimum payload capacity. So a series of trade offs take place in the design.

Think about it like this, we can put a rocket in space frugally, or we can do it safetly, or we can calculate how important each is and model a rocket that may cost more and has an above zero precent lifetime failure rate, but is within the acceptable perimeters for both.

For you airhead nerds, a spaceport for this is getting built on an island off the noeth coast of Britain.

yeah the US airforce is funding this program since the British government is half retarded an same with the RAF. i think Rolls-Royce is making the engines. EU firms dont really invest a lot of time into programs that matter.

https://www.hermeus.com/

this the current program getting funds. it was entirely 3d printed

yeah the US airforce is funding this program since the British government is half retarded an same with the RAF. i think Rolls-Royce is making the engines. EU firms dont really invest a lot of time into programs that matter.

https://www.hermeus.com/

this the current program getting funds. it was entirely 3d printed

The British government has refused to invest in anything for 40 years. They sold of a world leading nuclear industry for cents on the dollar, then cash starved their telecoms giant until it had to privatise and get bought out by foreign investors, then then same with their chip making industry, then they have watched their media companies get sold abroad, and finally their sports teams. The only thing that those in power car about is keeping the banks happy, and the old money ones at that.

Edit: Fucking post button...

They even sold their industrial capacity to China so fast the libertarians in the US would blush. All those famous automotive and aerospace companies are actually foreign owned. Honestly, Scotland and Wales will be following Ireland at this rate. And the only hope England itself has from balkanizing is to either rejoin the EU or become a US state. The latter of whichbos actually a goal of many of the old money power brokers.

Last edited:
The British government has refused to invest in anything for 40 years. They sold of a world leading nuclear industry for cents on the dollar, then cash starved their telecoms giant until it had to privatise and get bought out by foreign investors, then then same with their chip making industry, then they have watched their media companies get sold abroad, and finally their sports teams. The only thing that those in power car about is keeping the banks happy, and the old money ones at that.

Edit: Fucking post button...

They even sold their industrial capacity to China so fast the libertarians in the US would blush. All those famous automotive and aerospace companies are actually foreign owned. Honestly, Scotland and Wales will be following Ireland at this rate. And the only hope England itself has from balkanizing is to either rejoin the EU or become a US state. The latter of whichbos actually a goal of many of the old money power brokers.

BAE is british owned and i think Bristol is as well, ya UK government is one of the most retarded things ive ever seen. And England use to drop gret investions to the aerospace community until the UK goverment went fully retarded in the cold war. No catapaults on aircraft carriers, who the fuck though that was a good idea...

If referring to they're space plane that is a clone of the X-37B, the shenlong ? Yes its named after the Dragon ball Z

images

Sink their Navy, hit their power grid hard, and deny them their airspace and we could sit back and strangle them over the long term. All the ground forces in the world wouldn't matter when their country is sitting in the dark.

Yup its funny how some China lovers say they are they are now an equal to US power since US cariers are now obsolete.

Well their Anti CVN missiles are mostly landbase and that is why they are occupying more and more islands in the South China Sea but even occupying the whole South China Sea may not a big strategic advantage in a context of a total war as the USN can isolate them from trade in all of the oceans.

Shipments of Oil in the middle east can be stopped they will mostly rely on their Central Asian allies and Russia for trade but it may not be enough.

Now US being allies with India in that war will be another thing as USAF can launch strategic bombers from India to attack Western China.

Yup its funny how some China lovers say they are they are now an equal to US power since US cariers are now obsolete.

Well their Anti CVN missiles are mostly landbase and that is why they are occupying more and more islands in the South China Sea but even occupying the whole South China Sea may not a big strategic advantage in a context of a total war as the USN can isolate them from trade in all of the oceans.

Shipments of Oil in the middle east can be stopped they will mostly rely on their Central Asian allies and Russia for trade but it may not be enough.

Now US being allies with India in that war will be another thing as USAF can launch strategic bombers from India to attack Western China.

yeah we recently told pakistan to eat a fat dick and started strengthening ties with inida

China has ICBMs so a war with them will be purely economic or some proxy-scrap in some shit-hole in the Stans, ME, or more likely, Africa.

Why not just stick with drones and smart bombs? The US is so fascinated with war machines. I take no pride in this shit, it's just more ways to kill. What would Jesus say?

The profile of the plane with generate heat and noise signatures, so an optimization process will take place with computer modelling, wind tunnell testing, ect to reduce this.

But there are limitations on what can be done here, as stealth is only ever going to be a secondary objective, even on stealth bombers. The primary objective will by the integrity of the aerofoil and the minimum payload capacity. So a series of trade offs take place in the design.

Think about it like this, we can put a rocket in space frugally, or we can do it safetly, or we can calculate how important each is and model a rocket that may cost more and has an above zero precent lifetime failure rate, but is within the acceptable perimeters for both.
Yeah I get that there's some mix of stealth and aero-performance tradeoffs, it just seems weird to me that the lines look so mismatched. Like, the F-35 has pretty sharp lines, but the F-22 is quite organic even on leading airfoil edges. This looks like a Frankenstein of both. don't get me wrong, I'm sure if I understood the demands of stealth and aerodynamics better I'd get it.

Russia i know hows them, but the Russian missile force is very modern.

Hypersonic missiles are a whole different game.

Also, save their nuclear threat, Russian missiles are generally long on hyperbole and short on actual real world performance.
There’s a reason why you rarely see them used in Russian interventions.

What they do really good, materially, is fighter jets, tanks, anti tank personnel arms, and surface to air armaments especially surface to air missiles (SAMs).

Back