The truth is Masvidal has no real star power

If masvidal couldn’t become a star after that askren KO it probably won’t ever happen. He may have let the tad bit of fame he had get to his head and fucked it all up with the shitty suites and robes. UFC may have been a bit to blame by promoting him as the BMF when their main title fight fell out and they still wanted to maximize sales but they have since backed off. I guess after seeing how he starter behaving with an ounce of stardom they decided it’s best to tone it down a notch.

If masvidal couldn’t become a star after that askren KO it probably won’t ever happen. He may have let the tad bit of fame he had get to his head and fucked it all up with the shitty suites and robes. UFC may have been a bit to blame by promoting him as the BMF when their main title fight fell out and they still wanted to maximize sales but they have since backed off. I guess after seeing how he starter behaving with an ounce of stardom they decided it’s best to tone it down a notch.
UFC isnt toning it down you retard. Hes getting a title shot. Dana said from beginning that the street christ is too big and too real for conor and that hed get baptized,like demi Lovato is as we speak.

Why is it that on an MMA forum where people would be fans of MMA, people care about how many non MMA fans know of a fighter or an event or whatever? Does it make a fight more exciting to you as a fan to know that someone who knows nothing about MMA or what they are watching is watching too?
Some people only care about the actual fights, and some people care about the behind the scenes metrics. Stuff for stats nerds to geek out on. Every sport has fans that follow the business side.

Desperate about where hes gonna put his 2nd belt in the living room,bitch
yeah.. sure buddy,he beat nate diaz and now he is going for the throne,sadly he cant sucker punch in the cage

yeah.. sure buddy,he beat nate diaz and now he is going for the throne,sadly he cant sucker punch in the cage
Yes you can! I seen a fight where a dude not only did it in the stare down but they didnt even dq him for it,oddly enough! I mean lol at such a blatant disregard for the rules not be an instant dq. The bell hadn't even rang yet hahaha

MMA fans are the worst.
This, I follow MLB and nobody cares about how many followers a player has , they only cares how many Hr and RBI the player brought , but in MMA a bunch of sports virgins are bitching all the time about "followers", "he has more money" or he "sells more PPV" :rolleyes:

Yknow,if GOATsvidal gonna get this belt by and Khabib not giving conor his permission to go back to 155,where can Conor go? 145? Lol

Zabit awaits!

Contrary to your thoughts on masvidal

Ask who nate is some know
Some dont
Ask who khabib is most do not

Ask who masvidal they all seem to say is he the guy that kneed that other guy super quick.

Masvidal has been gaining fans that are not the typical mma fan

The truth is you fucks obsessed with "star" factor are part of the problem that make MMA try to be a product for retards WWE style and for people that have nothing to do with the sport

More international infrastructure to make people know and appreciate the sport will make it grow globally in a better way than ride a marketing made of trashtalk and social media bullshit

But again, even in a MMA forum long time "fans" talk about fighters not having mic skills or having few followers
<{clintugh}>

Masvidal beat up Nate.
He's asking hard for Conor
He's asking to fight the title-holder Usman and looks like that's happening.
He fights at 170lbs in a different weight-class to Khabib.

Dude is just getting started.
Who gives a fuck how many Instagram followers he has, and nobody cares if some casual in the street knows who he is.
He is a more entertaining, and more REAL fighter than ALL of the people TS mentioned.

He's 35 going on 36 years old with 48 pro fights on top of god knows how many amateur / street fights. I'm not sure if "just getting started" is the most accurate phrase.

As someone else said, if he somehow beats Usman and then fights McGregor - especially if he beats him, then we can talk about him being a star. But right now TS is right, he's a hardcore fan favorite, he's like a Justin Gaethje. No casual regular fan is going to have any clue who they are probably. And yes Diaz is different and so is Khabib, both due to beating McGregor mainly, but also their respective crazy antics (smoking weed and being a "gangsta" and the post-fight brawl / being a dominant dagestani-russian).

Masvidal gained traction and fans in the MMA community ONLY, whereas conor, Nate, Khabib gained traction and fans to people that have never watched MMA. His name is hot in the MMA community, no normal person would ever know who he is. That’s only where he has his star power.
For example, you could walk up to just a normal guy on the street, ask if they know masvidal, and they’d say who is that? But if you mentioned conor, Nate, Khabib there’s a high chance they know 2/3 at least.
He only has 1.7 mil Instagram followers. For the record, people like Tyron Woodley, Cody garbrant, Max Holloway, DC all have more followers than him. Those guys aren’t draws whatsoever.

The point is people are making this guy out to be a superstar. He hasn’t done anything superstar worthy, for example expanding the sport to people that have never watched mma before.

Jeff Bezos only has 1.3 million followers. So by your logic, mma fighter Zabit who has 2m followers has more popularity and star power than Bezos?

Well I'm convinced...

Has a colby AV and speaks of TRUTH but gives his opinion.

Not surprising.

He’s an ok dude and has the personality but his 15 minutes are about over. He’s been a gatekeeper but had some nice wins recently to get him the attention but against the elite he gets destroyed. Good for him though capitalizing on his time in the sun. Usman puts him back in his gatekeeper role.
I'm sure you said he'd get destroyed vs Askren, too.

There's an obvious disadvantage he has vs Usman in the wrestling game, but after his ridiculous year in 2019, you can't seriously sit here and hate on the guy

Jeff Bezos only has 1.3 million followers. So by your logic, mma fighter Zabit who has 2m followers has more popularity and star power than Bezos?

Well I'm convinced...
Zabit is the goat

He's 35 going on 36 years old with 48 pro fights on top of god knows how many amateur / street fights. I'm not sure if "just getting started" is the most accurate phrase.

As someone else said, if he somehow beats Usman and then fights McGregor - especially if he beats him, then we can talk about him being a star. But right now TS is right, he's a hardcore fan favorite, he's like a Justin Gaethje. No casual regular fan is going to have any clue who they are probably. And yes Diaz is different and so is Khabib, both due to beating McGregor mainly, but also their respective crazy antics (smoking weed and being a "gangsta" and the post-fight brawl / being a dominant dagestani-russian).
Get yourself a Gambred pull over hoodie and shut ya FACE

Lol.

There's great insight on sherdog. Then there's this.

To be honest, I'm not convinced khabib is the ppv star sherdoggers believe him to be. He's got star power in other areas, not ppvs tho

Back