The truth behind Christmas

Or Iceland.

stufftoblowyourmind-23-2013-12-gryla2.jpg
What's going on here

cliffs: christians celebrate christmas as the birthday of Jesus. Wisemen were mentioned in the bible (see matthew) but not the number. Christians are not worshiping a tree or any pagan idols at christmas.

The cross was used in Rome for crucifixions. Think Christians really re-purposed that.

You now where you can stick this thread at? Correct?

"The actual meaning behind the holiday is rooted in the celebration of Winter Solstice"

absolutely wrong and you have to be a stupid douche to believe this. The winter solstice is on the shortest day of the year and is celebrated by pagans. Christmas in on dec 25 to celebrate the birth of christ even though this is not thought to be his real birthday.
A big part of it was to stop people from celebrating pagan holidays. You did one on the other. This fact does not change what they are actually celebrating.
Wrong.

Quit trying to shift the narrative to suit your world view.

I'm not Christian but I get the feeling Christmas isn't all that 'religious' anyway these days.

I'm not Christian but I get the feeling Christmas isn't all that 'religious' anyway these days.

I think some people can't quite grasp that it is both a religious and secular holiday for some and just a secular holiday for others. All you winter solstice, tree/pagan people should realize that God created the heavens and the earth and all living things so you only enjoy things like...being alive, being on this earth for "winter solstice" and get to enjoy trees because they are part of his creation. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

I think some people can't quite grasp that it is both a religious and secular holiday for some and just a secular holiday for others. All you winter solstice, tree/pagan people should realize that God created the heavens and the earth and all living things so you only enjoy things like...being alive, being on this earth for "winter solstice" and get to enjoy trees because they are part of his creation. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
Which god bro? There's thousands.

I think it is fairly obvious that christmas is a pagan holiday, promotes blatant materialism and overall has a lot of pagan undertones (the fir tree, wreaths, santa on sled).

Moreover, we know jesus was not born in december so what gives. How can the celebration of christmas be reconciled with christianity when its surrounded by so much blatant falsehood?

Stop it. You know for a fact that the tree in christmas has nothing to do with christianity. You know its wrong to spread the santa myth to kids and you know the wreath is also a pagan symbol. Why you would allow the coming of christ to this world to be mixed with a false, polytheistic, pagan and god denying holiday doesnt make sense. It would be both simple, reasonable and rational to pick another day to celebrate it and keep it christian.

Gold and a calf are not inherently evil, but if you mold gold into an image of a calf and make it your god and worship it then God will have a problem with it (See Moses and Exodus). You miss the whole point of Christianity if you cannot find ways to share the message of Christ and the gospel with others who may not know or ever heard the good news (pagans during the middle ages for example). If a person can be converted to Christianity then their benign traditions can. I really don't think the Lord cares if you have a Christmas tree or wreath in your home to celebrate the season as long as you don't worship those items or put your faith in them above him.

Back