The truth behind Christmas

It was used to convert pagans while keeping their tradition. Instead of celebrating the winter solstice they can celebrate Christ. Birthdays weren't really a big deal for those born outside of money or power.

I don't understand the hipster love for trying to disillusion people for Christmas. It's an event for celebrating the birth of Christ, regardless of whether or not it's the actual day.

Isn't Santa Claus a Coca Cola commercial mascot originally ?

I grew up in Québec and old people have told me that when they were young, Christmas was "an american thing" with Santa Claus, the Christmas tree and all.

Traditionally in Québec people just went to mass on Christmas, came back home, ate soup and went to bed.

New Year's eve is where it was at, with a bunch of food and celebrations and dancing, etc.

Interesting how quickly traditions can change........
Meh, sorta... kinda, not really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

Sorry, I would need a tl;dr of these pages ; am at work.

Sure the Santa Claus originally was taken from the Germans' Saint Nicholas, but was pimped into his current version by Coca Cola ?
Yes.

I think its a beautiful holiday in general because its a mixture of ancient European paganism and renaissance Christian aesthetics. It's a seasonal celebration of western generosity and family transcending religious sects.

It also offends the sickest, lowest creatures on earth: liberals. I'm enthusiastic about anything that alienates/estranges them. Use their weak sons as punching bags and whore daughters as toilet bowls.

Last edited:
I think its a beautiful holiday in general because its a mixture of ancient European paganism and renaissance Christian aesthetics. It's a seasonal celebration of western generosity and family transcending religious sects.

It also offends the sickest, lowest creatures on earth: liberals. I'm enthusiastic about anything that alienates/estranges them. Use their weak sons as punching bags and whore daughters as toilet bowls.

Well that escalated quickly.

It was used to convert pagans while keeping their tradition. Instead of celebrating the winter solstice they can celebrate Christ. Birthdays weren't really a big deal for those born outside of money or power.

I don't understand the hipster love for trying to disillusion people for Christmas. It's an event for celebrating the birth of Christ, regardless of whether or not it's the actual day.

None of the elements of the official Jesus birth story make any sense or have any historical basis. If they did make sense it's basically a holiday for cuckolds (Joseph) which is awful.

Cliffs:
1. X-Mas predates Christmas.
2. The actual meaning behind the holiday is rooted in the celebration of Winter Solstice.
3. Evergreen trees & Mistletoe are pagan symbols or fertility.
4. No biblical reference to 3 kings exists.

cliffs: christians celebrate christmas as the birthday of Jesus. Wisemen were mentioned in the bible (see matthew) but not the number. Christians are not worshiping a tree or any pagan idols at christmas.

The cross was used in Rome for crucifixions. Think Christians really re-purposed that.

You now where you can stick this thread at? Correct?

"The actual meaning behind the holiday is rooted in the celebration of Winter Solstice"

absolutely wrong and you have to be a stupid douche to believe this. The winter solstice is on the shortest day of the year and is celebrated by pagans. Christmas in on dec 25 to celebrate the birth of christ even though this is not thought to be his real birthday.
A big part of it was to stop people from celebrating pagan holidays. You did one on the other. This fact does not change what they are actually celebrating.

At least post a good gif bro.
thenug-KflFUSZXja.gif
Ms Claus got that donk

But you are fucking right to only respond how you did. Sorry you wasted your worthless time on that worthless video and it doesn't do shit to show shit. Find something to like and pursue that. It is much easier.

Christians culturally appropriated xmas from pagans

But you are fucking right to only respond how you did. Sorry you wasted your worthless time on that worthless video and it doesn't do shit to show shit. Find something to like and pursue that. It is much easier.

You sound rustled bro. Let the truth set you free.

So it's not on the actual day of his birthday as per the bible, by the way most all the Christian I know also know this. Also about the tree and the lights and Santa (who was based on a real person) and all the other stuff.

So I'm not sure who the "cool kids" are trying to "educate" because you are too late.

You sound rustled bro. Let the truth set you free.

Why would I be rustled? You posted a stupid jackass video...spent your worthless time on it....and I destroyed it in about 30 seconds and now I am just watching you do the same old shit which is some atheist/leftist whining filled with your feelings and no evidence which gets smashed. Your posts are not interesting or funny and there is no point debating you because you have zero facts every single time is is the same shit with you. Step up your game or stop posting.

Why would I be rustled?

Because you're cussing like an adolescent.

You posted a stupid jackass video...spent your worthless time on it....and I destroyed it in about 30 seconds

The video is factual and you destroyed nothing but your own credibility and displayed cognitive dissonance to comprehend reality.

and now I am just watching you do the same old shit which is some atheist/leftist whining filled with your feelings and no evidence which gets smashed.

Everything I post is vetted with evidence. Ironic much?

Your posts are not interesting or funny and there is no point debating you because you have zero facts every single time is is the same shit with you. Step up your game or stop posting.
Then why do you engage ? Your actions do not support your words.

What about the name Santa clause and it's origins.
Based around the birth of jesus.

Today Chrismas is a holiday or joy and giving and some people hate that.

The bright lighs, the presents. Some cultures hate the fun and coolness of such holidays.

Fundamentally the reason there's a celebration in the middle of the winter is probably because there was a need for something to cheer people up during the shitty winter months. The need remains, that's why Christmas doesn't get deleted, it just gets rebrandings.

Cliffs:
1. X-Mas predates Christmas.
2. The actual meaning behind the holiday is rooted in the celebration of Winter Solstice.
3. Evergreen trees & Mistletoe are pagan symbols or fertility.
4. No biblical reference to 3 kings exists.

775192_haters-gonna-hate-jesus-haters-suit-blasphemy.gif

Back