The Trevor Wittman role is absolutely redundant.

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
Only me that feels this way?

They go over to him every now and then, similar to how the NFL goes over to Gene Steratore for rule breakdowns. At least that makes sense, you're going over to a former official who knows the rulebook like the back of his hand, I would like a similar thing with MMA referees or the existing role of Marc Ratner.

Going over to a coach to break down the corner conversations? You already have a fighter in the booth, why the hell do you need Trevor to translate stuff you've already heard with your own ear?

Hate it, it's Bellator level production.

Wait.. is that the dude who speaks with a soft voice at the beggining of the rounds?

That is so bad its hilarious. Super bizarre.

Only me that feels this way?

They go over to him every now and then, similar to how the NFL goes over to Gene Steratore for rule breakdowns. At least that makes sense, you're going over to a former official who knows the rulebook like the back of his hand, I would like a similar thing with MMA referees or the existing role of Marc Ratner.

Going over to a coach to break down the corner conversations? You already have a fighter in the booth, why the hell do you need Trevor to translate stuff you've already heard with your own ear?

Hate it, it's Bellator level production.

Let him bang

Announcer were terrible yesterday.

almost switched to French with Patrick Côté....
(and he's not good either)

"Only me that feels this way?"

Yeah man - only you on the entire planet feels this way. You are so smart.

i thought it was great. he made great points and adressed when corners could have gave better advice

The Whittman role is actually growing on me.
The first time they had it they just ignored him when he said his piece but this time they did interact with him a little.

That said if they just dropped it I probably wouldn't notice.

This was such a productive comment pal, added a lot.

Sorry, had a hard time getting past the self-important arrogance of the first line. Declaring only you feel that way before anyone else has even responded LOL

Pretty sure people have been saying for awhile now that it is a cringe worthy role for Wittman.

I agree its kind of pointless....all he does is praise the corners for their advice, maybe Im wrong but I dont recall hearing him disagree with someone's advice yet

his voice and speech mannerisms IMO should have disqualified him from this immediately

The should get Greg Jackson to do it, but the contract should state he must talk in 'Yoda Speak' as part of the role.

I agree its kind of pointless....all he does is praise the corners for their advice, maybe Im wrong but I dont recall hearing him disagree with someone's advice yet

his voice and speech mannerisms IMO should have disqualified him from this immediately
Then you don't pay attention, at all, he's often critical of corner advice, almost 50/50.

No man it’s super important to know how good the advice of a fighters corner is..even after you just heard it!.... hahaha

Announcer were terrible yesterday.

almost switched to French with Patrick Côté....
(and he's not good either)
I can't even imagine Cote putting together two full sentences without interrupting himself with another or an awkward laugh.

its really annoying. and Jon Anik is so fucking annoying and ugly i dont know why they have him on

The should get Greg Jackson to do it, but the contract should state he must talk in 'Yoda Speak' as part of the role.
I like it

Gregjacksonshop.jpg

rashad-star_wars_brain_training2.png

Doesn't he have people to coach though? And why him of all people?

Then you don't pay attention, at all, he's often critical of corner advice, almost 50/50.
youre entirely right, I dont pay attention to him((in part because of other things going on)) as soon as he starts talking I block him out, its not that hes offensive or what hes saying isnt worth hearing...its that his voice and tone dont fit in

I don't mind the idea, but get someone less creepy to do it.

I feel like when they debuted on ESPN+ last month, he was 100% complimentary of the corners, and his role seemed pointless. But last night he had a few constructive criticisms (still probably not 50/50, as he was mostly complimentary). So I’m wondering if someone on the production team told him to mix it up a little.

If ESPN is looking to have personalities who will be opinionated (already seen with the Chael and Bisping hires), they probably should have picked someone other than Wittman, who seems like a genuinely nice guy who’s not going to want to publicly criticize his peers.

Back