The Trenches, Episode 23 Poll: Which fight with GSP do you wish had happened the most?

Which fight with GSP do you wish had happened the most?

• Total voters
Or if you're Prazeres, you're on an 8-fight win streak and still facing debuting fighters.

And no way. Kongo-Minakov was waaay better than MVP-vs-Daley. At least in that fight, Kongo was putting on a smart gameplan that maximized Minakov's weaknesses and played to Kongo's strenghts.

Or if you're Prazeres, you're on an 8-fight win streak and still facing debuting fighters.
He was originally supposed to face Ramazan Emeev, but Emeev pulled out about two and change weeks ago. Not much of a bigger name, but at least Emeev has gone 3-0 in the UFC.

No way Daley is one of the best pure strikers in WW division. The dude was out-boxed by Misaki of all people. Lima totally negated him to. Paul is a powerful fighter, but very set in his ways, and has exploitable weaknesses.

How the hell have MVP been involved with MMA for 6 years but still have that bad TDD?

How the hell have MVP been involved with MMA for 6 years but still have that bad TDD?
He's used his reach well enough to ruin lives. That counter flying knee is dangerous, we saw it break Cyborg so other guys might be afraid to shoot.

I'll never understand why nostalgia has such sway in MMA. People want to see washed-up legends instead of the best fighters in the world.

None really, he was a pretty boring fighter, good guy though, happy for him that he had such a great career.

I'll never understand why nostalgia has such sway in MMA. People want to see washed-up legends instead of the best fighters in the world.
Pride never dies, bro.

Weird stoppages profligate in low-level MMA.

GSP was so ahead of the game... that he's still ahead of modern MMA!

I mean, guys like T-Wood, Usman, Colby are guys that GSP was designed to thoroughly dismantle!

hey @jei , maybe make that a question? Is GSP still ahead of Modern MMA?

Why do we expect the guy who got repeatedly stuffed by Jay Hieron to take down the best wrestlers in the world?

Why do we expect the guy who got repeatedly stuffed by Jay Hieron to take down the best wrestlers in the world?
Because he beat up on Koreshkov in 2013 and Lima in 2012.

Back