The Trenches, Episode 23 Poll: Which fight with GSP do you wish had happened the most?

Which fight with GSP do you wish had happened the most?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

NOTE
: We are implementing a new feature called LIVE THREADS. To enable them, click on your status bar (Your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will not longer have to update the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically.

Sherdog Main Page writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing Thursday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT.

We also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with this week's poll question asking the following:

Which Georges St-Pierre fight do you wish happened the most? Anderson Silva? Tyron Woodley? Robert Whittaker? Khabib Nurmagomedov? Ben Askren? Someone else?

Chime in on the conversation by voting in our poll or posting any fight questions you have.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members.

A journalist by trade, Jason has also co-hosted and produced multiple podcasts (including the "Fight Strength Podcast" with American Top Team trainer Phil Daru) over the years. He has contributed for several publications, and was a Senior Editor for MMASucka.com before landing at Sherdog. Along with his plethora of articles based on his exclusive interviews, Jason frequently covers live events for the site, chronicling the happenings with his growing photographic talents.

Select questions from this thread will be answered in the article, and additional questions from this thread may be used in an upcoming episode of live video chat series 'The Trenches,' hosted on the forum every Thursday. Below are links to previous episodes of that series as well as his previous 'Ask Ant' articles.

The Trenches Episodes:

Ask Ant Articles:

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

Last edited:
Silva, when he was champ and all the Mystique, would of loved to see GSP get him down Chael sonnen style, but NOT GAS and GET subbed.
all that talk and they never fought.... A FUCKIN SHAME

Voted Anderson, but would have liked to see him humble the shit out of Askren tbh.

Anderson and it's not even close.

I suspect people voting Khabib are 'newer' fans

The biggest fight in UFC history would’ve been GSP-Silva 2008-2010 era....

I don't know why this is even a question.

Of course the answer is going to be Silva.

That's arguably the most desired matchup in MMA history.

Mostly because I hate Conor, and hate people that knock GSP for not finishing enough ... GSP/Conor would have been great, 2 birds with one stone. Conor gets that ass beat, and GSP gets a devastating finish.

So the live threads will work basically like chat rooms in the mid 90's?

Cool.

Khabib.

It would have been historic and unprecedented. There’s no question. And we all KNOW GSP would have Sonnen’d Silva. Without the Hail Mary sub at the end.

gsp-smirk.jpg

Anderson and it's not even close.

I suspect people voting Khabib are 'newer' fans

Meh,

I'm an 'old' guy but think the Khabib fight is more interesting, and that if it happens at 155 we might see more fights out of George's.

of the fighters on the list, i'd most like to see gsp beat tyron

meh i didn't want to see him take an extended break to add the mass to face Anderson on fair terms. So I voted for Woodley since GS clearly ducked the dude big time.

Anderson back when they were both dominant champions.

Now.... Tony Ferguson would be brilliant.

Silva when they were both in their prime would have been awesome

If it was based on just the present day, I'd go for Woodley, just because WW is his natural weight class. If it's the most wanted GSP fight of all time though, I'd say he should have fought Silva about seven years ago.

Back