The Trenches, Episode 27 Poll: With TJ out, who should face Marlon Moraes for the vacant BW belt?

With TJ Dillashaw suspended, who should face Marlon Moraes for the vacant bantamweight belt?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

NOTE: We are implementing a new feature called LIVE THREADS. To enable them, click on your status bar (Your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will no longer have to refresh the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically.

Sherdog Main Page writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing Thursday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT.

We also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with this week's poll question asking the following:

With TJ Dillashaw suspended and vacating his belt, who should face Marlon Moraes for the vacant bantamweight title?

Chime in on the conversation by voting in our poll or posting any fight questions you have.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members.

A journalist by trade, Jason has also co-hosted and produced multiple podcasts (including the "Fight Strength Podcast" with American Top Team trainer Phil Daru) over the years. He has contributed for several publications, and was a Senior Editor for MMASucka.com before landing at Sherdog. Along with his plethora of articles based on his exclusive interviews, Jason frequently covers live events for the site, chronicling the happenings with his growing photographic talents.

The Trenches Episodes:
The Trenches, Episode 26: Conor McGregor vs. The Phone
The Trenches, Episode 25: BJ Penn's Legacy
The Trenches, Episode 24: UFC 235
The Trenches, Episode 23: The Retirement of GSP
The Trenches, Episode 22: UFC vs. Bellator Doubleheader
The Trenches, Episode 21: Adesanya vs. Silva
The Trenches, Episode 20: The Licensing of Jon Jones
The Trenches, Episode 19: The NSAC Hearings
The Trenches, Episode 18: UFC Brooklyn
The Trenches, Episode 17: Welterweights and Title Shots
The Trenches, Episode 16: Looking Ahead in 2019
The Trenches, Episode 15: The UFC 232 Debacle
The Trenches, Episode 14: UFC returns to Milwaukee
The Trenches, Episode 13: The GOAT Featherweight
The Trenches, Episode 12: Greg Hardy and Rachael Ostovich
The Trenches, Episode 11: Anderson Silva vs. The Next Anderson Silva
The Trenches, Episode 10: Golden Boy MMA
The Trenches, Episode 9: What's next for Conor?
The Trenches, Episode 8: The death of the Flyweight division
The Trenches, Episode 7: Cormier defends against Lewis
The Trenches, Episode 6: The Trade
The Trenches, Episode 5: Eddie Leaves the UFC
The Trenches, Episode 4: UFC 229 Brawl
The Trenches, Episode 3: Leading up to UFC 229
The Trenches, Episode 2: The Rise of Gegard Mousasi
The Trenches, Episode 1: UFC 229 Presser

Ask Ant Articles:

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

Last edited:
And yes, bring on the TJ questions, we know there's a lot to talk about. Most of this week's episode of The Trenches, including the Poll Question, will involve that topic.

I’d like to know if Gillian Robertson’s dyed red hair is an homage to her being Canadian? I rewatched her fight with Macedo last night and that Brit twit Gooden called her an American. And the flag graphic was American too.

Buffer got it right though.

Thank you.

I’d like to know if Gillian Robertson’s dyed red hair is an homage to her being Canadian?

Maybe she wants to be Snow White?

I would really like for you to take a closer look at the stratagey Masvidal used vs Till. The take down faints and hand placement and stance switches are really going under the radar around here. That was a beautiful performance!

Why did Dana White blackball that woman Sherdog journalist so many years ago. She was the only woman journalist in mma at the time, so it seems like maybe he just hates women. Which is fine, he can just hate women if he wants. I just want to clarify the situation.

Recall, this was before he's comment, "Women will never fight in the UFC". I'm not sure if there was a sense of a theme there or what. Maybe he just hates woman but ended up feeling some political pressure so he changed his storyline and ruined the sport with horrible WMMA fights.

But why block a woman journalist???? That's my real question. WTF? A journalist? A woman wants to work, let her work!

At this point, is Dana too rich to care about UFC and how could that affect their business going forward?

With TJ Dillashaw relinquishing his Bantamweight title, which two fighters deserve the shot at the vacant title?

It is my belief that a fighter that suffers a KO with his head smashing on the canvas like Darren Till this past weekend, needs to sit out for at least 1 year. What are your thoughts on the recovery period for such a violent KO?

Do you guys agree with Jorge Masvidal not receiving any punishment for his "3 piece combo with a soda" on Leon Edwards?

Who do you guys like is the recently announced Welterweight bout between RDA and debuting Welterweight Kevin Lee in Rochester?

Last edited:
So... Cejudo vs Marlon for the vacant belt is pretty much the fight to make... But in your eyes, has testing just become one big joke?

How soon does the UFC notice they fked up ditching cable box fans

The UFC recently signed FW Felicia Spencer and Norma Dumont Viana. Does that mean there are keeping the FW division?

Thank you.

With TJ Dillashaw relinquishing his Bantamweight title, which two fighters deserve the shot at the vacant title?
Finally, what took so long for someone to ask a TJ question.

The poll is officially up for tomorrow's show, with the poll question about as obvious as it could be:

With TJ Dillashaw vacating his belt, who should face Marlon Moraes for the vacant bantamweight title?
1) Henry Cejudo
2) Pedro Munhoz
3) Aljamain Sterling
4) Other (explain below)

Cejudo would be my first pick but Munhoz would make sense, too.

I picked Hank, but I really only want to see that if they are scrapping 125. If they aren’t I’d prefer to see Hank defend at FLW or vacate and move up. There are challegers at both divisions and I’m sick of so-called Superfights holding up at least one division.

So again my vote is based on unknowns right now.

Back