The Trenches, Episode 25 Poll: Has BJ Penn's legacy been tainted by 6 consecutive defeats?

Has B.J. Penn’s legacy been tainted by six consecutive defeats in the twilight of his career?

• Total voters
Despite his recent history nothing will take away his accomplishments during his prime years.

To us. This doesn't apply to the new wave of casuals that don't care about the details of a fight/career. They look it up on wiki and act like experts

This was one heck of a show. Thank you all for participating, and a special thank you to those of you who hopped in the youtube chat. We really appreciate the discussion.

To us. This doesn't apply to the new wave of casuals that don't care about the details of a fight/career. They look it up on wiki and act like experts

Their opinions are weightless and only matter to people like Dana and his PPV numbers.

Their opinions are weightless and only matter to people like Dana and his PPV numbers.

I wish that was true but their numbers are swelling lol it's bad here but it's so much worse on instagram. People seriously do not watch fights and if you bring up a comeback fight, they dont care, and just bring up the result

Yes, but there should be a clear line as to which BJ is which, much like there should be for Ken Shamrock and others who just fell off the roof after a brief retirement. While BJ had a gradual decline ending in his loss to Rory, when he came back after two years it was clear he wasn't the same fighter. So while I believe this second period should definitely have an effect on how we perceive his legacy, I think we should keep in mind that before his first retirement he hadn't hit that wall.

As the biggest Bj Penn ever.. .Yes.. It has a little bit.

How the fuq did he lose that Siver fight? He had him hurt. That fight was an easy W for him and he couldnt get it done

Back