The Trenches, Episode 25 Poll: Has BJ Penn's legacy been tainted by 6 consecutive defeats?

Has B.J. Penn’s legacy been tainted by six consecutive defeats in the twilight of his career?

• Total voters
Honestly, Askren is a better chain-wrestler than Colby. Colby's advantages is his stand-up which will not be very relevant in a fight vs Usman. Askren is a bigger threat.
I'd favor Askren to beat Colby, yes. So my MMAth equation says Askren's a bigger threat.

Should we ask Ant it was painful for him to see his favorite fighter get dominated?

I also hespect Lawler for being so cool about that bad stoppage.

Eh, I don't like that answer. If Herb is so good, why does he make so many grievous mistakes? How do you allow Conor to make 5 fouls and not take a single point? His awful consistency is a real reason to demote him as one of the top refs.

Not to mention that the Georgi-Timur brawl was basically birthed because of his incompetence.

I had to give it up to Askren for keeping the "I hate you, Dana" gimmick going even in the face of a bunch of boos and a controversial stoppage.

"Askren is the guy at school who makes fun of you but you still kind of like him"<45>

"Askren is the guy at school who makes fun of you but you still kind of like him"<45>
He's the bully you hate and want to get better to beat him, but not beat him up.

Guida gonna brutalize him. lol

KeyObedientAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

TRT is sooo 2013. Today its Pictograms. Vitor should get with the times.

I mean if we’re just taking snapshots of guys’ careers then no. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way.

fighting guida should have happened 10 years ago. he should have retired gracefully after FE; he's a shell of his former self and it's a shame that he goes keeps doing this.

Too bad he couldn't change his name and start a new record so casuals couldn't further bash him for his record when his accomplishments were really good.

Too bad he couldn't change his name and start a new record so casuals couldn't further bash him for his record when his accomplishments were really good.

Yeah but his second AKA record would be pretty shitty.

Conor-Tony. With that payday does that make it up to Tony and ease the succession crisis at LW?

The rants must flow.

Yeah but his second AKA record would be pretty shitty.

So shitty lol

I'm just being silly because 90% of MMA fans don't actually remember fights and just read results.

Someone can beat the shit out of someone for 3 mins and if they get caught and knocked out and it's in the first, most "fans" just bring up the result of first round KO and that's it. They act like the details of the fight don't matter, but they mean everything.

Hes about to have a twilight of L's longer than his actual legacy.

Despite his recent history nothing will take away his accomplishments during his prime years.

Back