The Trenches, Episode 22 Poll: What fight are you most excited for this weekend?

What fight are you most excited for this weekend?

• Total voters
I'm just excited to be having a long weekend fights are just added gravy....

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

This thread is now LIVE, so if you haven't done so already, read the first post for how to enable live threads!

The introductions for Captain Credentials always crack me up.

Alright bud i have no idea how this works but we ask questions and he answers?
Normally, you post questions in here or the youtube chat and we'll take them and possibly answer them. This will be a shorter show than usual so there won't be nearly as many questions, but if it's a really good one, I'll get it thrown on the broadcast.

If they don't go with the question on this episode, it might be saved for a future show, or answered on Ant's weekly main page column titled "Ask Ant".

Normally, you post questions in here or the youtube chat and we'll take them and possibly answer them. This will be a shorter show than usual so there won't be nearly as many questions, but if it's a really good one, I'll get it thrown on the broadcast.

If they don't go with the question on this episode, it might be saved for a future show, or answered on Ant's weekly main page column titled "Ask Ant".

Alright I'll ask this as a question and idk if it'll be thrown in there but

Do you believe Cain Velasquez has the style to handle Francis Ngannou in the first round? Stipe fought from the outside during the entire first round and waited for Francis to over extend so he could counter or get a take down. Cain pushes forward non stop, so will that style finally cost him against somebody like Ngannou?

Alright I'll ask this as a question and idk if it'll be thrown in there but

Do you believe Cain Velasquez has the style to handle Francis Ngannou in the first round? Stipe fought from the outside during the entire first round and waited for Francis to over extend so he could counter or get a take down. Cain pushes forward non stop, so will that style finally cost him against somebody like Ngannou?
A very similar question to that will be answered in another form on the show later on in the broadcast, it's a good one. We like to break down the fights at the tail end of the show. Specific questions about styles and matchups are always welcomed to bring another perspective to the discussion.

Why are we talking about the 145 division as if it actually exists? Not even Nunes believes that it exists!

Also, Kongo vs Minakov at 0 votes? Ouch...

Unlike TJ vs Cejudo, Nunes successfully went up to kill the featherweight division.

Them bringing up Tony Ferguson goes back to a question @europe1 asked many weeks ago that I saved and wanted to address one day.

MVP/Daley is such a great fight. If Daley can get in on him, it'll be a whole new ballgame.

Who takes it? "All the Steroids" vs "All the Cheeseburgers"?

Them bringing up Tony Ferguson goes back to a question @europe1 asked many weeks ago that I saved and wanted to address one day.

Truly a question that requires studious analysis!

MVP/Daley is such a great fight. If Daley can get in on him, it'll be a whole new ballgame.

Could just be an MVP vs Fernando Gonzalez-esque split decision (nothing happening)

Could just be an MVP vs Fernando Gonzalez-esque split decision (nothing happening)
I feel like MVP could easily keep a long range, make Daley look silly swinging at air and just keep the distance and throw jabs every 15 seconds. It's all about if Daley lands on him, though.

I feel like MVP could easily keep a long range, make Daley look silly swinging at air and just keep the distance and throw jabs every 15 seconds. It's all about if Daley lands on him, though.

Hey, Daley was completely negated by Misaki's jab. I think someone with a foot of extra reach could replicate that.

Also, what happened to the Paul Daley - Dan Hardy bromance?

Back