The Trenches, Episode 22 Poll: What fight are you most excited for this weekend?

What fight are you most excited for this weekend?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

NOTE
: We are implementing a new feature called LIVE THREADS. To enable them, click on your status bar (Your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will not longer have to update the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically.

Sherdog Main Page writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing Thursday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT.

We also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with this week's poll question asking the following:

What fight are you most excited for this weekend? MVP vs. Daley? Kongo vs. Minakov? Cro Cop vs. Nelson? Cain vs. Ngannou? Vick vs. Felder?

Chime in on the conversation by voting in our poll or posting any fight questions you have.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members.

A journalist by trade, Jason has also co-hosted and produced multiple podcasts (including the "Fight Strength Podcast" with American Top Team trainer Phil Daru) over the years. He has contributed for several publications, and was a Senior Editor for MMASucka.com before landing at Sherdog. Along with his plethora of articles based on his exclusive interviews, Jason frequently covers live events for the site, chronicling the happenings with his growing photographic talents.

Select questions from this thread will be answered in the article, and additional questions from this thread may be used in an upcoming episode of live video chat series 'The Trenches,' hosted on the forum every Thursday. Below are links to previous episodes of that series as well as his previous 'Ask Ant' articles.

The Trenches Episodes:

Ask Ant Articles:

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

Last edited:
Who do you favor Mike Perry vs. Lyman good?

Who do you favor Leon Edwards vs Curtis Millender?

It is a possibility that we will have 3 African born UFC champions in 2019 in Adesanya, Usman and Ngannou. How much of an impact do you guys see that having in terms of interest to participate in MMA from that region of the world?

Name the opponents you guys would like to see next for the 3 GOATS. Anderson, Fedor and GSP.

Do you guys see cross promotion between the UFC and other promotions as an actual possibility? If so, what would the UFC have to gain or benefit from doing such a thing?

Frankie Edgar gets heavily criticized for getting too many title shots. But that's what comes with staying a top ranked fighter for so long. Can you guys see him getting a title shot at 145 or 135 next? I see both as real possibilities.

What fight makes the most sense next for the MW title given the unfortunate situation this past weekend at UFC 234?

Last edited:
With Whittaker out, Kelvin deserving, and Israel being promised shit what da fuck do they do now??

Hey Ant, I'm feeling lost.
When you can't trust the word of a cage fight promoter, what is there to believe in?

Why do fools fall in love?

Hey Ant. What's your take on the relative level of competition of ONE FC compared to the North American promotions UFC/ Bellator or even PFL? (Aside from Eddie Alvarez and DJ, obviously)
Burgos, I know you did a feature on Aung La N Sang so I'd love to get your take too

LOOOOVVEEEEE having free fights with the One app and -- being on the East Coast -- I can pregame with ONE in the AM on Saturdays before watching UFC in the PM... but only one of their current champions has any UFC experience and it's mixed (i.e. Brandon Vera 8-7 UFC). The others (Aung La N Sang, Zebaztian Kadestam, Eduard Folayang, Martin Nguyen, Kevin Belingon, Adriano Moraes, Yosuke Saruta) collectively have one total fight in a major North American promotion, a first round KO by Sang in Bellator in 2012. There's plenty of great fighters that get their experience outside the UFC (Marlon Moraes immediately comes to mind) but I def want to hear your take.

Also, any truth to the idea that because folkstyle wrestling is predominantly an American style, it gave Askren a huge edge to dominate in ONE bc those fighters don't encounter it as much?

Hey Ant. What's your take on the relative level of competition of ONE FC compared to the North American promotions UFC/ Bellator or even PFL? (Aside from Eddie Alvarez and DJ, obviously)
Burgos, I know you did a feature on Aung La N Sang so I'd love to get your take too

LOOOOVVEEEEE having free fights with the One app and -- being on the East Coast -- I can pregame with ONE in the AM on Saturdays before watching UFC in the PM... but only one of their current champions has any UFC experience and it's mixed (i.e. Brandon Vera 8-7 UFC). The others (Aung La N Sang, Zebaztian Kadestam, Eduard Folayang, Martin Nguyen, Kevin Belingon, Adriano Moraes, Yosuke Saruta) collectively have one total fight in a major North American promotion, a first round KO by Sang in Bellator in 2012. There's plenty of great fighters that get their experience outside the UFC (Marlon Moraes immediately comes to mind) but I def want to hear your take.

tenor.gif

What does it sound like when doves cry? Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?

NCAA wrestling championships are a month away.

Do any of the larger MMA organizations send scouts to sign prospects that are seniors in college (and on their last year of NCAA eligibility)?

Hello Mr Anthony " Do you think Anthony Smith has a chance against Free Pass Jon Jones?"

Poll is up, asking which fight this weekend you are most excited to watch. Vote and chime in on the discussion tonight!

It is a possibility that we will have 3 African born UFC champions in 2019 in Adesanya, Usman and Ngannou. How much of an impact do you guys see that having in terms of interest to participate in MMA from that region of the world?

Name the opponents you guys would like to see next for the 3 GOATS. Anderson, Fedor and GSP.

Do you guys see cross promotion between the UFC and other promotions as an actual possibility? If so, what would the UFC have to gain or benefit from doing such a thing?

Frankie Edgar gets heavily criticized for getting too many title shots. But that's what comes with staying a top ranked fighter for so long. Can you guys see him getting a title shot at 145 or 135 next? I see both as real possibilities.

What fight makes the most sense next for the MW title given the unfortunate situation this past weekend at UFC 234?
And none of them live in Africa <{1-1}> just as fake as when Cain tried being Mexican.. by eating a damn burrito at that talk show

If anyone picks "Other," please let us know which fight you're more excited to see this weekend.

If anyone picks "Other," please let us know which fight you're more excited to see this weekend.

VICENTE LUQUE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FIGHTERS!!!!!

AND BARBERENA IS A TOUGH AND INTRIGUING MATCH!!!!!!

And I'm struggling to think of questions this weeko_O

Back