The Trenches, Episode 21 Poll: Does Adesanya Deserve a Title Shot if He Beats Silva at UFC 234?

Does Israel Adesanya deserve a title shot if he beats Anderson Silva this weekend at UFC 234?

• Total voters
Covington suing the UFC tells me he wants out, but where would he go from here? Does he think he'd get paid tremendously well in Bellator?

ACA also has a bonus for finishes. 5k

It's the kind of thing you can do when you don't have to worry about your economy.

ACA also has a bonus for finishes. 5k

It's the kind of thing you can do when you don't have to worry about your economy.
Ah I knew there was another mid-level promotion that did it. Thanks.

Obviously he does not deserve it.
Silva is a name nowadays, not a top 5 contender.

Adesanya is miles behind Jacare, who is the top contender.
Beating Silva should NOT move him ahead of Jacare.
I wonder what the UFC will do. If anything, I can see them having Jacare and Adesanya fight if the champ is hurt

Having a one-dimensional approach vs a guy as crafty and slick at Whittaker doesn't look like a good recipe.

Trader Joe's whiskey, how about that.

hashtag herpes lips, here we go

Israel is already on the path to a belt I say let him continue on his path to a belt, I don't think beating Anderson should be the fight that sends him to a title fight. A fight with a MW that is closer to the current strength of the MW class.

Gastelum is one-two the fighter

Tom Hardy is in love with him?

200.gif

No idea about that reference. I just thought Gastelum is one of those fighters who throws the one-two combination all the time

No idea about that reference. I just thought Gastelum is one of those fighters who throws the one-two combination all the time
Oh I thought you were talking about One-Two from RocknRolla.

Whittaker has some key things.

Jabs
Feints
Angles
Smart Combinations.

Both Bisping and Weidman gave Andersson hell with those attributes. Why wouldn't Whittaker be able to do the same? These are just natural counters to Silva's style

I wonder what the UFC will do. If anything, I can see them having Jacare and Adesanya fight if the champ is hurt
That I would even agree.
But awarding Adesanya a title shot over Jacare would be a travesty.
Adesanya beat Brunson... who lost to Jacare before losing to Adesanya.
And then Jacare beat Weidman... who is higher ranked than Silva.

There's absolutely no logic or reasoning to have adesanya leapfrog Jacare...

Ben Henderson the sleeper nerd:D

And again, Israel's nickname is from a goddamn cartoon show!

The Palaeontologist is strong within George St Pierre!

No love for Josh Barnett? Dude plays freaking Magic the Gathering!

Appearing in a comic book movie is pretty high level, though.

Great show, thanks for watching, and thank you for all the questions this week. We'll have a few more answered in this week's "Ask Ant" article, and I'll let you know if you were included in that discussion as well.

Yeah.

Luke and Yoel are moving up to 205. If Silva wins he'll get a title shot too I believe.

Back