The Trenches, Episode 16 Poll: What is the best fight the UFC could put on in 2019?

What is the best fight the UFC could potentially book in 2019?

• Amanda Nunes vs. Cris Cyborg 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jones vs Brock all day.

I miss Pride.

Anyone not voting Tony/Khabib is the wrongest person in this thread.

Outside of Holloway/Conor II, I don't think any of those rematches are interesting. The winner definitively won and won recently.

Easily Khabib vs Tony. I don't care if they have to schedule it 10 times until it finally happens, it's the fight I'm dying to see.

McGregor vs Holloway would be number 2 for me, the rest of the ones listed doesn't really interest me. I don't want to see Jones or Lesnar fight ever again cause cheaters don't belong in the sport, period. Nunes vs Cyborg just happened and had a decisive finish. Same goes for Khabib vs Conor. Woodley vs Colby/Usman are the fights to make at welterweight, no doubt, but I nearly fall asleep just imagining it.

I think Dillashaw vs Cruz 2 is one to consider for the end of 2019 if Dom finally manages to stay healthy and wins an eliminator fight before.

Khabib vs Justin Gaethje is the best lightweight fight they could do by far.

Tony is ridiculously overrated.

Khabib v. Tony - the best for mma fans
Khabib v. Conor 2 - the best for ppv buys

I'd like to see most of these, but Tony/Kabob needs to happen already.

Lol did you miss him getting stopped in consecutive fights by Eddie and Poirier? Beating a guy who didn't belong in the top 10 doesn't make him a title contender.

"best fight" in terms of money or skill against skill?

voted Tony vs Khabib this just has to happen

I know. The way people go on about him, you'd think he was on some historic winning streak that included multiple top 10 fighters and former LW champions or something.

Jei, pick your poison.

The UFC has amazingly failed to make Amanda Nunes a star, even after beating Rousey and being feutured on some mega-events. Do you see the Cyborg win bucking this trend, or will Lioness be underserved in perpetuity?

Why do the UFC keep faded stars who fetch huge paychecks like Arlovski (300.000$) and BJ (150.000$) but can't bother giving payraises to prospects who then end up leaving the organization?

That Peter Yan kid is really, really violent! Who can stop him!? Can he even be stopped!? What do you see in his future and will a fight with John Lineker be so violent that MMA will be banned worldwide as a result?

Last edited:
Khabib vs Tony needs to happen but you know the quitter will get his rematch.

DC vs Jon 3 at HW or not at all

Aldo vs conor 2 (Jose deserves it)

Yoel vs Israel or Yoel vs Paulo Costa

TJ vs Marlon Moraes

Cody vs Lineker

Yair vs Zabit

Cyborg vs Nunes 2 (after cris vs megan and nunes vs holly)

Tony vs Khabib is probably the best fight we could get that we have not seen already.

Having said that i wouldnt mind watching any of these:
Jones vs DC 3
Max vs Conor 2
DC vs Lesnar
Jones vs Lesnar
Jones vs Reyes
Jones vs Romero
Khabib vs Conor 2
Max vs Khabib
Aldo vs Conor @ LW.

Jei, pick your poison.

The UFC has amazingly failed to make Amanda Nunes a star, even after beating Rousey and being feutured on some mega-events. Do you see the Cyborg win bucking this trend, or will Lioness be underserved in perpetuity?

Why do the UFC keep faded stars who fetch huge paychecks like Arlovski (300.00$) and BJ (150.000$) but can't bother giving payraises to prospects who then end up leaving the organization?

That Peter Yan kid is really, really violent! Who can stop him!? Can he even be stopped!? What do you see in his future and will a fight with John Lineker be so violent that MMA will be banned worldwide as a result?
These are some handsome questions, amigo. I'm sure at least one will make it on the broadcast, and we always love and appreciate your questions for the show. The fans are in for a treat tonight too, I'm really looking forward to this show.

Lol did you miss him getting stopped in consecutive fights by Eddie and Poirier? Beating a guy who didn't belong in the top 10 doesn't make him a title contender.
It's about the stylistic match up. Gaethje is tough af and has the best wrestling base in the top 10, Poirier, Alvarez and Michael Johnson all got shut down effortlessly trying to wrestle him. I never said he was a contender either but he's ranked 7 so realistically could be a win or two away from a title shot.

Yeah, and I admit it got to be a little bit of a chore towards the end last year because of how many categories we included. It should flow a lot more smoothly this time.

Khabib vs Tony remains the ultimate fight but it might never happen

I'd take Khabib vs. Ferguson over all of the other choices combined.

I'm not at all surprised by the poll results. That should be the clear winner without question.

Back