The Trenches, Episode 16 Poll: What is the best fight the UFC could put on in 2019?

What is the best fight the UFC could potentially book in 2019?

• Amanda Nunes vs. Cris Cyborg 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As things currently stand, my top5:

1) Khabib vs McG II
2) Woodley vs Gsp
3) DC vs Bones @HW
4) Nunes vs Cyborg II
5) Max vs McG II @FW

At this point it would be a travesty if we did not get to see Khabib vs Ferg in their prime

What do you think about Ezekiel Choke in MMA ? I think thats an underutilized submission and will caught almost everytime people by surprise since its not a submission that MMArtists train for unless they are fighting Oleinik . I know its a very hard submission to pull off ans SO to Oleinik for pulling it out twice in the UFC (He has pulled it out like 12 times in total)
We've decided to run this poll early to get more discussion, and it will be about what the future holds in 2019.

What is the best fight the UFC could potentially book in 2019?

Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier 3
Khabib Nurmagomedov-Conor McGregor 2
Amanda Nunes-Cris Cyborg 2
Khabib Nurmagomedov-Tony Ferguson
Daniel Cormier-Brock Lesnar
Jon Jones-Brock Lesnar
Yoel Romero-Jon Jones
Jon Jones-Anthony Smith
Tyron Woodley-Kamaru Usman
Colby Covington-Tyron Woodley
Max Holloway-Conor McGregor
Love how you acknowledged that Colby is the A-side in Woodley fight bro.

I think GSP vs Khabib or Woodley would take the cake. Allthough I can respect keeing it as realistic.

Last edited:
It's been Tony/Khabib for about 4 years running now

Yeah, this is a tiny sample size. But is there ANY doubt that among non-casuals that the fight that HAS to happen is Khabib/Tony?

You have a poll with ELEVEN different choices, and Khabib/Tony has 46 votes while ALL OTHER TEN CHOICES COMBINED have 17 votes.

FFS, can it be any more obvious??

Is there any other fight for Cormier then fighting Jones at heavyweight? Thick DC could level the playing field...

Also. No doubt Tony vs Khabib… but is this fight destine to happen while they are still prime.

Does God have feet?

2475516-mud6yaf.jpg

Yes.

Yes he does.

Khabib vs Tony by far! I don't know how Jones vs DC is second. A third Jones vs Gus fight is more interesting

I feel the magic of Khabib/Tony is people constantly hyping Khabib/Tony and any fight between them couldn't possibly meet those expectations.

Gus v DC 2?
Dodson v Dillashaw 2?

Is there any other fight for Cormier then fighting Jones at heavyweight? Thick DC could level the playing field...

Maybe if he retained his LHW speed and cardio, but he didn't in his Stipe/Lewis fights. Thick DC has a punchers chance i guess, but LHW DC puts up a more competitive fight

Well I am thrilled that the results are so strongly in favor of one fight over the others. Makes me have some faith in y'all.

Looks Like I picked right, wow everyone wants to see that fight. I wouldn't mind seeing Jones vs Brock too, aslong as Brock is allowed to juice as well lol

Tony vs Khabib, obviously

Also @jei if I may ask, when are we gonna see the other award threads? Sherdog KO of the year, fighter of the year, etc?

The highest level fight IMO is DC/Jones 3. But the "best" fight is clearly Khabib/Tony, since it hasn't happened yet. The unknown is appealing.

Well I am thrilled that the results are so strongly in favor of one fight over the others. Makes me have some faith in y'all.

time-is-broken-2-by-applepo3-320x214.jpg

Tony vs Khabib, obviously

Also @jei if I may ask, when are we gonna see the other award threads? Sherdog KO of the year, fighter of the year, etc?
Starting tomorrow.

Back