The Trenches, Episode 15: Sherdog Live Chat (LIVE Thursday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT)

Who is at fault for the UFC 232 debacle that moved the event from Las Vegas to Los Angeles?

• Total voters
The UFC is the most at fault. Jones’ shenanigans caused the mess, but UFC deciding to move the event showed just how much they don’t care about the fans or other fighters. USADA and NSAC are far from perfect, but are just doing their jobs.

The video for the show has now been added to first post, and the show should start in four hours or so. We'll let you know if anything changes, as Ant Walker is live covering the event as we speak. He will be attending the press conference in 45 minutes, and then a modified media day after.

So, feel free to ask him any questions about his experience and observations from that.

There may be a short delay for the show tonight due to the internet at the venue, stay tuned.

So guys... With all this scientific talk... are they expecting us casuals living in trailer parks and watching at Buffalo Wild Wings to not know what the hell is going on... Shoot. Dang sure I will be watching … Bill Nie the Science Guy of Doping has basically said Jones is clean and that is good enough for me...

It’s everyone involved fault. These shitshows happen when decision-makers forget that their fans are for the most part moderately intelligent and lean towards morality.

The show will begin tonight at 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT, barring any further setbacks.

giphy.gif

None of this would be an issue if Jon Jones weren't the reprehensible, unrepentant drug cheat that he is.

I can't tell you how tempted I was to include this as a poll option, just this gif.

I was super surprised, it hit 2 pages and it hadnt been posted.

Do a poll edit.

USADA and the csac.

Jones is a drug cheat trying to cheat the system, without his supporters he is not at all unusual. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

UFC, pfft no thought that they ever had integrity. Money first, fighter safety a distant 33rd. I have no doubt they would fix fights if they thought they could get away with it.

Nsac, they refused to sanction a fighter with peds in their system, only option who came off looking decent.

USADA and csac rushed through in total secrecy a change that allows a specific fighter the ability to fight with PEDs in his system.

When the regulators are in bed with the crooks it moves this farther and farther from ever being a real sport (which maybe 1 day could happen).

To allow only selected / preferred fighters the ability to fight with PEDs in their system is immoral, dangerous and just fucking disgusting to anyone with any belief in the notion of fair play.

Last edited:
Should be starting any time now.

Thoughts on PFL holding their Grand Finals on New Years Eve. Why would they make such a baffling buisness decision?

Everyone at the venue is uploading all of their content at the same time. All the interviews, videos, footage, pictures, scrums, you name it. Little bit of a bottleneck with the internet there now.

Hmmm... I'm starting to think the Jones debaucle might have driven Ant and Jason to suicide.

From the man himself.

Back