"The Total Package" Lex Luger

Hitman81

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who gave this guy his moniker? This guy is anything but the total package. He has his physique. That's it. No charisma, can't cut a promo, can't work a great match. Has there ever been a less deserving title?

When I was a kid watching the JCP show I could never understand how the Human Torture Rack would hurt people
It was the worst looking back breaker I ever saw in my life, he didnt even lay people out flat and stretch them, he just gently carried them on his shoulders like a sideways firemans carry
Total Package, indeed

Last edited:
He was 80,000,000,000 times more over than the bitch ass ballet acrobats in WWE.

He was 80,000,000,000 times more over than the bitch ass ballet acrobats in WWE.

Far be it from me to defend the flippy fraggles...but Luger wasn't exactly a box office juggernaut either.

Last edited:
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] Do not denigrate the lex sex express

When I was a kid watching the JCP show I could never understand how the Human Torture Rack would hurt people
It was the worst looking back breaker I ever saw in my life, he didnt even lay people out flat and stretch them, he just gently carried them on his shoulders like a sideways firemans carry
Total Package, indeed

It's crazy how over that finisher was in WCW in the late 90s. The crowd went ape for it.

I've been rewatching old Nitros from 1997 this week and the fans lost their shit for this guy. He may have not been the best wrestler and lacked an abundance of charisma but he was hot as shit in 1997.

A victim of Flair's politicking (who always gets a pass even though he was just as bad as Hogan and HHH) in the late 80s. And then his push died in the WWF after not beating Yoko for the title. He was over as shit though in 97 WCW and him beating Hogan for the belt was one of the best moments of the Monday Night War.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] Do not denigrate the lex sex express
tumblr_p9ptmgd4aI1r7dh6wo1_400.gifv

Luger got more cheers winning Nitro-opening matches against jobbers than Bitch Ass Roman got winning any of his undeserved WrestleMania main events.

"Total package" was meant to refer more to just his physique. Also, the toueture rack doesnt make much logical sense but as a visual it was a really cool finisher that got huge pops. And im no luger fsn by any means. I thought he was a huge asshole in real life and a shit wrestler.

A victim of Flair's politicking (who always gets a pass even though he was just as bad as Hogan and HHH) in the late 80s. And then his push died in the WWF after not beating Yoko for the title. He was over as shit though in 97 WCW and him beating Hogan for the belt was one of the best moments of the Monday Night War.
He was over like Rover in 88 too, the lead up to the Great American Bash where he got screwed outta the title by the Maryland Athletic Commission

I know the purpose is to make money and they went on a huge house show run after that with Flair-Luger on top but from a fans storyline perspective I will always say it was a mistake not to give him the belt at that point

He was over like Rover in 88 too, the lead up to the Great American Bash where he got screwed outta the title by the Maryland Athletic Commission

I know the purpose is to make money and they went on a huge house show run after that with Flair-Luger on top but from a fans storyline perspective I will always say it was a mistake not to give him the belt at that point
And they STILL wouldn’t put the belt on him after their house show run.

And they STILL wouldn’t put the belt on him after their house show run.
The next chance to do it was Starrcade 88 , Luger had already cooled off somewhat by that time and then they did that horseshit finish where his knee buckled as he had Flair in the Torture Rack and that killed him dead

JCP had 3 PPVs in 1988, the Bunkhouse Stampede which was a shit show cluster fuck of boredom, the GAB with Luger getting fucked and Starrcade with another bullshit finish
The fans really got fucked over that year, no wonder the company was outta business 9 months later

The next chance to do it was Starrcade 88 , Luger had already cooled off somewhat by that time and then they did that horseshit finish where his knee buckled as he had Flair in the Torture Rack and that killed him dead

JCP had 3 PPVs in 1988, the Bunkhouse Stampede which was a shit show cluster fuck of boredom, the GAB with Luger getting fucked and Starrcade with another bullshit finish
The fans really got fucked over that year, no wonder the company was outta business 9 months later
And then Vince killed him in 93 when he didn’t get the belt from Yoko even after the Lex Express. All the faces came out and celebrated with him because he won by count out. :confused:

And then Vince killed him in 93 when he didn’t get the belt from Yoko even after the Lex Express. All the faces came out and celebrated with him because he won by count out. :confused:
They decided to go with Bret instead of Luger, even though they hyped the shit out of Luger with that Lex Express stuff. "The Next Hulk Hogan!"

Either way, he was a decent wrestler and had a great look, but he was a douche in real life, major pill/steroid junkie and arguably got Ms. Elizabeth killed. There is a reason why he looks like total shit these days, he went the Dynamite Kid route.

The only real reason he was semi-over with the fans and management in WCW was because of Sting. He was Sting's IRL best friend and Sting pretty much carried him.

They decided to go with Bret instead of Luger, even though they hyped the shit out of Luger with that Lex Express stuff. "The Next Hulk Hogan!"

Either way, he was a decent wrestler and had a great look, but he was a douche in real life, major pill/steroid junkie and arguably got Ms. Elizabeth killed. There is a reason why he looks like total shit these days, he went the Dynamite Kid route.

The only real reason he was semi-over with the fans and management in WCW was because of Sting. He was Sting's IRL best friend and Sting pretty much carried him.
Except he was over in 97 when Sting wasn’t there.

Luger seemed like a guy who got cheered when everything on the show was hot...but couldn't bring in the crowds on his own merit.

Luger seemed like a diva. When I was a teenager during the Monday Night War WCW would come to town every year and all the wrestlers would always hit up the local mall and most were cool as fuck and would sign autographs and chat with people. I met a bunch of them that way. Luger on the other hand walked around with WCW security like he was a fucking rock star. One year me and my friends tried to approach him in the parking lot of a restaurant for an autograph. It was the first time I ever saw him not surrounded by security. Doug Dillinger himself ran out of the door of the restaurant when he saw us walking towards Luger and told us to go away lol

Back