The topless parade. Pride or Shame?

I think it's fine myself. They got attention!
Sometimes people feel they have to do something a bit out of the ordinary to gain this attention. Some of them would of been briefly interviewed, so then they could answer the interviewer 'why?'

Some women showing their breasts is so unimportant in the grand scheme of things, yet many have problems with this. It just doesn't matter!
As for women being equal in the States? No way! No country's females are equal to the males.
In general, many people simply do not see the prejudice against females in our countries. We have no idea as we are not females.
Much of the inequality is hidden away from a lot of men.
'Well they seem happy enough, and they can hold positions of authority and boss men around too.' 'Women can do anything.' 'They don't have to stay at home and cook, look after the babies, and do the housework these days, do they? 'Of course they're equal.'

Agreed. That isn't my contention. My contention is that breasts are one more part of the body, and they'll stop being this especially wildly sexual thing if they become removed from their sexual context and become prevalent in everyday life.

Why is there a need to do that though?

I think it's fine myself. They got attention!
Sometimes people feel they have to do something a bit out of the ordinary to gain this attention. Some of them would of been briefly interviewed, so then they could answer the interviewer 'why?'

Some women showing their breasts is so unimportant in the grand scheme of things, yet many have problems with this. It just doesn't matter!
As for women being equal in the States? No way! No country's females are equal to the males.
In general, many people simply do not see the prejudice against females in our countries. We have no idea as we are not females.
Much of the inequality is hidden away from a lot of men.

'Well they seem happy enough, and they can hold positions of authority and boss men around too.' 'Women can do anything.' 'They don't have to stay at home and cook, look after the babies, and do the housework these days, do they? 'Of course they're equal.'

The problem is, majority of women don't see this inequality. I've been asking women in my life do they feel there is inequality, and and all the answers were negative so far.

Why is there a need to do that though?

Some women are annoyed that they can end up getting a citation from an armed police officer for doing something men do all the time (exposing their nipples). This is a particular problem for breastfeeding mothers, who have ridiculous inconveniences placed upon them any time they want to go out in public. I don't know if it meets everyone's qualifications of a "need", but it certainly seems fair.

Some women are annoyed that they can end up getting a citation from an armed police officer for doing something men do all the time (exposing their nipples). This is a particular problem for breastfeeding mothers, who have ridiculous inconveniences placed upon them any time they want to go out in public. I don't know if it meets everyone's qualifications of a "need", but it certainly seems fair.

Other than breastfeeding, why is there a need to expose nipples in public? I'm not from the USA so maybe i'm missing something, but this sounds like a lot of effort put into something that isn't really important. Is it only because men can do it? Cause I imagine not a lot of women wanna walk shirtless in public anyway, it's not like this is something that lowers their quality of life.

Other than breastfeeding, why is there a need to expose nipples in public? I'm not from the USA so maybe i'm missing something, but this sounds like a lot of effort put into something that isn't really important. Is it only because men can do it? Cause I imagine not a lot of women wanna walk shirtless in public anyway, it's not like this is something that lowers their quality of life.

Back in the day in Toronto, women were up in arms they couldn't walk around topless, until finally the law passed and they were able to (and still are) but the thing is, after the law passed, hardly any women took advantage of this new liberating law. I vaguely remember seeing one a decade ago. It's equality of principle.

If men go without shirts then same for women. I don't want to have to cover up just because some people get outraged over boobies.

Other than breastfeeding, why is there a need to expose nipples in public?

Breastfeeding's not reason enough? I guess "Because maybe I just feel like exposing my nipples in public and it's fucked up that I can't just because I'm a woman" is a perfectly legit reason, too.

I'm not from the USA so maybe i'm missing something, but this sounds like a lot of effort put into something that isn't really important.

They just had a fucking parade. Clearly it's important to some women.

Cause I imagine not a lot of women wanna walk shirtless in public anyway, it's not like this is something that lowers their quality of life.

Maybe, maybe not. Just because someone might be unlikely to use a right doesn't mean they should be denied it.

Back in the day in Toronto, women were up in arms they couldn't walk around topless, until finally the law passed and they were able to (and still are) but the thing is, after the law passed, hardly any women took advantage of this new liberating law. I vaguely remember seeing one a decade ago. It's equality of principle.

Lol it's not terribly surprising that there aren't a lot of women going shirtless in bloody Toronto.

Well why do guys take off their shirts in public?

Sometimes its hot as fuck and more comfortable to go shirtless. Sometimes it's more comfortable to exercise without a shirt. Sometimes you want to feel the sun on you when you're doing yard work. Maybe you don't feel like doing laundry and want to lounge around your yard or pool without a top. Are these huge deals? No, but getting an indecent exposure charge on your record can be. So it seems logical to do away with this criminalization.

Plus from what my gfs have said bras are very uncomfortable much of time so they should be able to lose that shit even it means a nipple will be visible through their clothes

It's almost as if you are trying to say that women complained until they got their own way, then changed their mind....

Seriously though, they're tits- big deal.

I find feminists in general love to blame men for everything women do wrong instead of encouraging women to take responsibility for their own decision making. They encourage victimhood over empowerment.

The question I have is if women's breasts aren't sexual in any way then why do they grow and the nipple become erect when women are aroused?

The same reason they get erect when its cold. That does not make them a cold organ.

Don't you try to change me. All Canadians are standing in the snow wearing earmuffs and mittens all the time.

Alright, you got me, I tried to pull a fast one. Back to shovelling the snow away from the entrance to my igloo, I can barely see my sled dogs anymore.

Well why do guys take off their shirts in public?

Sometimes its hot as fuck and more comfortable to go shirtless. Sometimes it's more comfortable to exercise without a shirt. Sometimes you want to feel the sun on you when you're doing yard work. Maybe you don't feel like doing laundry and want to lounge around your yard or pool without a top. Are these huge deals? No, but getting an indecent exposure charge on your record can be. So it seems logical to do away with this criminalization.

Sometimes I want to dry my sweaty nuts off in the sun, but I can't just whip 'em out either. Such an injustice! God help me if I don't realise that I'm in the vacinity of an Elementary school too. Double injustice. To hell with your kids and their sensibilities, my nuts are sweaty.

Sometimes I want to dry my sweaty nuts off in the sun, but I can't just whip 'em out either. Such an injustice! God help me if I don't realise that I'm in the vacinity of an Elementary school too. Double injustice. To hell with your kids and their sensibilities, my nuts are sweaty.

It's almost as if sometimes our personal freedoms are violated for the better of society.

Breastfeeding's not reason enough? I guess "Because maybe I just feel like exposing my nipples in public and it's fucked up that I can't just because I'm a woman" is a perfectly legit reason, too.

They just had a fucking parade. Clearly it's important to some women.

Maybe, maybe not. Just because someone might be unlikely to use a right doesn't mean they should be denied it.

I'm with you man, just trying to understand this. I can't imagine how these girls even start identifying this as a problem worth fighting for. I guess usa is so rich that regular things like finishing school, getting a job, buying an apartment just aren't issues anymore, so people start focusing on thing like this, which for me, as an outsider, are pretty ridiculous.

Failed comparison; women aren't fighting to expose their vaginas.

I'm with you man, just trying to understand this. I can't imagine how these girls even start identifying this as a problem worth fighting for. I guess usa is so rich that regular things like finishing school, getting a job, buying an apartment just aren't issues anymore, so people start focusing on thing like this, which for me, as an outsider, are pretty ridiculous.

You keep speaking about this as though it's a petty and insignificant thing. What is the basis for that opinion?

Back