The TOP UFC HW is one of the worst boxers I've ever seen in my life

And guys who start gassing 3 mins into a huge fight are what exactly?

Elite HW I guess cuz UFC told you he was.

There was nothing great about that slopfest, it was to paraphrase some poster here like "watching 2 gorillas fight over the last banana".

unlike like ur klitchy bros he went in for the kill early thinking he would ko brock.he didnt ,big mistake,hell learn from it,but atleast carwin didnt toy around with brock for 5 rounds,like the klitchys do most of there opponents in boxing for 12 rounds.

unlike like ur klitchy bros he went in for the kill early thinking he would ko brock.he didnt ,big mistake,hell learn from it,but atleast carwin didnt toy around with brock for 5 rounds,like the klitchys do most of there opponents in boxing for 12 rounds.

He... lost.

It's so convenient that people can knock the Klitschko's for beating bums when they have literally fought every contender that was in line. Not to mention that without the Klits, it actually would be a very decent HW Division. Don't get blinded by how good the Klits are.

look ,there good but so far from what ive seen there opponents are garbage.im waiting for valuev to agree with vitali and povetkin and wlady.to me there good fights,but so for not impressed

That was just atrocious from both guys.

I don't know how MMA fans can boast about fights like this with a straight face.

Brock was getting tagged at will by a slow as hell but powerful Carwin and Carwin can't fight for more than fucking 5 minutes without gassing and yet this was the biggest HW fight in MMA history?

As I keep saying, can you imagine Smokin' Joe gassed out after 2 rounds during the Thrilla in Manila?

May be Carwin figured he didn't need to make much of an effort regarding his cardio because his base pay was 40k.

Funny how no MMA fans bring this up.[/
QUOTE]

Funny how you think this doesn't come up - fighter salaries are constantly being talked about.

Maybe when MMA is 120+ years along as a professional organization, they will make the kind of money boxers do for their fights. The current pay rate is still way better than UFC 1 (50k for winner, nothing for the losers, and they had to fight multiple fights)
I meant Carwin's gas tank or lack of it but I can see how people can misunderstand as put it at the end of my post. At the time I made that comment I was one of the few guys who made a thread about MMA fighters gas tank as I see that on every other card there is at least one guy who is gassed out.

As for your other point about payscale differences, that's just dumb to put it delicately.

A sport's length has very little to do with it's payscale, Boxing has been around far longer yet ball sports pay more on average today.

The pay differences are primarily due to the different structures in both sports.

He started gassing 3 mins in from throwing downward punches and he lost...

Comparing him to the bro's is an insult to human intelligence.

Maybe when MMA is 120+ years along as a professional organization, they will make the kind of money boxers do for their fights.

Jim Corbett made $35,000 as the challenger to Sullivan in the inaugural heavyweight championship bout fought under MoQ rules and that was in 1892 money.*

Carwin made a guarantee of $40,000 in 2010 money for a championship fight in a organization/sport that has been around for 17 years.

You do the math.

*"When 10 seconds were at last at an end, Prof Mike Donovan, of the New York athletic club, and W.A. Brady, Corbett's manager, sprang to the stage and flung their arms around the young man, who was now the champion pugilist of the world and the winner of $35,000 in purse and stake, as well as a reputation that will turn perhaps ten times that amount into his treasury."

- part of a fight report from the Reading Eagle and other sources on Sept 8th, 1892

Jim Corbett made $35,000 as the challenger to Sullivan in the inaugural heavyweight championship bout fought under MoQ rules and that was in 1892 money.*

Carwin made a guarantee of $40,000 in 2010 money for a championship fight in a organization/sport that has been around for 17 years.

You do the math.

*"When 10 seconds were at last at an end, Prof Mike Donovan, of the New York athletic club, and W.A. Brady, Corbett's manager, sprang to the stage and flung their arms around the young man, who was now the champion pugilist of the world and the winner of $35,000 in purse and stake, as well as a reputation that will turn perhaps ten times that amount into his treasury."

- part of a fight report from the Reading Eagle and other sources on Sept 8th, 1892
Great post with historical info.

Just something Jack V. Savage posted that's related:
Fun fact: Marvin Hagler made $40K for his "draw" with Antuofermo. In 1979. And it wasn't the main event. And he was pissed about it.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/sh...-ufc-history-1265555/index3.html#post40208121

Marvin Hagler vs Vito Antuofermo I (1979): A Retrospective Fight Report

look ,there good but so far from what ive seen there opponents are garbage.im waiting for valuev to agree with vitali and povetkin and wlady.to me there good fights,but so for not impressed
From what you've seen their opponents are garbage? Well of course if you only watch them get beaten up by the Klitschkos they'll look bad, but you probably should view a few more of their fights before jumping to such harsh conclusions, don't you think? :redface:

You do the math.

Nice!

Fighters are going to looks sloppier with 4 ounce gloves and boxing barefoot! If you had 4 ounce gloves in boxing the fights would look a little more sloppy yet would be funner to watch!

I doubt that anyone who has commented on this thread had ever boxed or trained in mma.

Would you morons rather watch a sloppy fighter like Corrie Sanders or a slickster like mayweather who is going to run like a chicken all night.

YEah like freaking Manny Pacquiao is "sloppy" and hes winning with his reckless style. Ricardo Myorga had world titles with his "sloppy boxing" as well....

You do the math.

Holy Crap, That's like Mayweather paydays back then.

Awesome information.

From what you've seen their opponents are garbage? Well of course if you only watch them get beaten up by the Klitschkos they'll look bad, but you probably should view a few more of their fights before jumping to such harsh conclusions, don't you think? :redface:

Nice!

when a klitchy fights its pretty obvious there gonna win.hw division in boxing is bad

when a klitchy fights its pretty obvious there gonna win.hw division in boxing is bad

And so is the ufc HW division... I can do it too.:icon_chee

And so is the ufc HW division... I can do it too.:icon_chee

Well to be fair....alot of people gave Carwin a good chance of beating Lesnar including myself and he proved that he could (atleast for the first 3 minutes)

And pretty much everyone in the world expected Fedor to blast Werdum but that didn't happen. I'll be honest, upsets are far more likely to occur in MMA than in boxing.

Well to be fair....alot of people gave Carwin a good chance of beating Lesnar including myself and he proved that he could (atleast for the first 3 minutes)

And pretty much everyone in the world expected Fedor to blast Werdum but that didn't happen. I'll be honest, upsets are far more likely to occur in MMA than in boxing.

thanks TS.who gives a klitchy opponent a chance

The funny thing is that before each one of the fallen opponents faced a Klit (no pun intended), they were all considered dangerous contenders. They all had something that Wlad or Vitali couldn't deal with. When they do, they're garbage and terrible. Yawn at this notion.... :icon_conf

The funny thing is that before each one of the fallen opponents faced a Klit (no pun intended), they were all considered dangerous contenders. They all had something that Wlad or Vitali couldn't deal with. When they do, they're garbage and terrible. Yawn at this notion.... :icon_conf

you know what that is called.............promoting a fight

Back