The TOP UFC HW is one of the worst boxers I've ever seen in my life

MMA has evolved since 93 and boxing has regressed dumbass!

Cintron would not fight sherk because his promoter wouldn't allow it. Think of Mayorga vs Din Thomas. Cintron says that to get in the papers.

I rather watch something that resembles a real fight than watching 2 boxers with 10 ounce gloves run all night and not one guy gets rocked in 36 minutes.

Remember Corrie Sanders he gassed out pretty quickly yet knocked out the best heavyweight wladimir. He looked sloppy yet effective.
wtf does your first sentence have to do with anything I said you moron.

Royce was a top fighter for his time, look at things in the context they happened.

Sure did Dana tell you this also about Cintron lol.

I don't see how MMA is a "real" fight, where are the headbutts, spiking heads, soccer kicks, stomps, knees to the head of a downed opponent, small joint manipulation, upkicks, eye gouging, biting, ball thrashing?

Sanders was still able to go 12 not keel over 3 mins into round 1 lmao.

lol. MMA used to be real fighting back when Pride was around and soccer kicks/ foot stomps ran rampant.

Now, its just a glorified LnP bouts catering to wrestlers.

Oh, and when "not one guy gets rocked in 36 minutes" that means that the guys have a good chin. You know, the thing that UFC fighters don't have. cue Mercer/sylvia knockout.
Yeah exactly guys like Shogun had their best weapons taken away while wrestlers get dry hump their way to decisions, some great "fighting" there...

I was wondering too if Brock vs Carwin would have been done if soccer kicks and stomps were allowed when Carwin had him turtled up on the ground.

Will update this thread after the Couture vs Toney fight. Toney has never been rocked in boxing. Would probably go 12 rounds against klitchko. I am sure at the very least Toney is going to survive the fight even if he loses since no one can hurt him and MMA is bullshit!

Toney is so good that he can be out of shape and give boxers a hard time lets see how hard of a time he will give an old man who is on his last legs in MMA. You boxing fans better hope and pray that Toney doesn't get knocked out because if he does than its time for all of you to STFU!

Yeah good thing it was because I would be embarassed if someone gassed out after 5 mins in the biggest HW fight in Boxing history.

What about Shane Mosley gassing in 2 rounds against Mayweather?

Will update this thread after the Couture vs Toney fight. Toney has never been rocked in boxing. Would probably go 12 rounds against klitchko. I am sure at the very least Toney is going to survive the fight even if he loses since no one can hurt him and MMA is bullshit!

Toney is so good that he can be out of shape and give boxers a hard time lets see how hard of a time he will give an old man who is on his last legs in MMA. You boxing fans better hope and pray that Toney doesn't get knocked out because if he does than its time for all of you to STFU!

Wlad would knock James out unfortunately, in fact so would about ten other guys. James is washed up, hence the reason why he is participating in mma. The chances of Randy knocking James out standing are too low to quantify.

that fight is ending by stoppage once randy gets him down james will be like a turtle on its back and the ref stops it

Mosley still kept at it and went 12 rounds.

Carwin was barely able to stand up by round 2 lol and was so exhausted that he had no defense for Brock's TD and got submitted by Brock, not some submission wizard but Brock Lesnar.

And that fight wasn't the only one where fighters gassed, what about Akiyama?

You have this happening consistently, last time it was Duffee.

that fight is ending by stoppage once randy gets him down james will be like a turtle on its back and the ref stops it
lol idk what these idiots are trying to prove with this freakshow matchup.

Toney is a past his prime fat old guy that should be retired, you can't understand half the shit he says because of the slurring, Randy is in a similar position.

This fight is a lose-lose for the UFC, Couture is expected to beat Toney after all it's his sport that Toney is coming into but if he gets KO'd it will be a huge embarassment to the UFC and sherdog will implode.

Mosley gassed? Looked to me like his punch output decreased because he was getting tagged so often that he became too scared to even pull the trigger.

You obviously don't train and watch mma my friend! Maybe your parents will let you stay up for the next pay per view!

UFC's popularity is on the decline, everybody knows that.

Shit, they try to milk guys like Tito and Liddell still like cows in a pasture.

Now go roll around with your homosexual buddies and go in the north south position with your dad.

Mosley gassed? Looked to me like his punch output decreased because he was getting tagged so often that he became too scared to even pull the trigger.

I remember him hitting Money hard in the second round then doing nothing in the rest of the fight even before Mayweather started to whoop his ass.

I remember him hitting Money hard in the second round then doing nothing in the rest of the fight even before Mayweather started to whoop his ass.

he failed to take advantage and floyd adapted well by the end of that round

Let me guess, you either just watched a highlight video of the fight or took some 'tard in the heavies word for it. Mayweather immediately took control of the fight at the beginning of the third and onward, walking down Mosley, pot shotting, and snapping Shane's head back so often that he couldn't even get off first or counter off the back end of a punch.

Carwin gassed badly, he looked like he just ran a marathon after the first round, Mosley looked like he'd been figured out and beaten to the punch.

Let me guess, you either just watched a highlight video of the fight or took some 'tard in the heavies word for it. Mayweather immediately took control of the fight at the beginning of the third and onward, walking down Mosley, pot shotting, and snapping Shane's head back so often that he couldn't even get off first or counter off the back end of a punch.

Carwin gassed badly, he looked like he just ran a marathon after the first round, Mosley looked like he'd been figured out and beaten to the punch.

I watched the fight, but I have the memory of a goldfish and don't really remember it that well. Seems like my troll attempt backfired on me.

Oh and Carwin gassing was really embarassing, gassing in the first round of a five round title fight is ridiculous.

lol.

Another butt-hurt MMA fan comes to add his two cents into this forum.
I definitely like how you deliberately left of Mercer/Sylvia from your list.

Regardless, here are my thoughts:

If you want to see effective boxing defense being used in an MMA fight, refer to yesterday's fight between George Sotiropolous vs Kurt Pellegrino. George managed to rock Kurt using simple boxing combos set up by his basic jab. Although his boxing wasn't perfect, George definitely impressed me with whatever much boxing offense and defense that he showed.

For the record, this thread was NEVER about whether boxing > MMA.
It was about how two supposed ELITE HWs looked like COMPLETE TRASH due to their:
- Horrid Striking Defense
- Horrendous Cardio (how in the hell does someone gass themselves out by throwing punches downwards for 2 minutes? How, god damn it?)

For the record, those fights that you listed show that Boxers lack well-roundedness.
They do not prove that boxing is ineffective in the cage.
We all know what happened when a devastating striker learned takedown defense (Prime Cro Cop).
He fucked everyone up.

That being said, Brock and Shane should be thankful that the elite HWs in the world are busy making millions in boxing and not fighting in the UFC for 40k salaries.

and fighting for strikeforce.

Back