The TOP UFC HW is one of the worst boxers I've ever seen in my life

I wonder what would happen if Dana offered Vitali the big cash he gave Carwin for his heavyweight superfight.

Dana: "Vitali, I've got $40,000 for you"

Vitali: "Dana, did you sneak into my mansion and steal a roll of my toilet paper?"

Look at how effective boxing is in the cage! Boxers defense looks great in the cage, and you could tell they know how to take a punch! UFC fighters are just sloppy and not in shape! I can't wait to add James Toney to this list!

YouTube - Steve Jennum vs Melton Bowen

YouTube - Royce G. vs Art J.

YouTube - KIMBO VS RAY MERCER (FULL FIGHT
lol at using Bowen and Art J to prove anything.

Kimbo and Ray was an exhibition match and likely a work.

Funny how you avoided Tim vs Ray Mercer.

Top Boxers don't come into MMA because of money issues and Toney is far from top at this point, you better hope he don't KO old man Randy like Mercer did with Tim.

Now go watch some more sloppy bum fights with alleged "elite" HWs who gas 3 mins into a fight lmao.

Top Boxers don't come into MMA because of money issues and Toney is far from top at this point, you better hope he don't KO old man Randy like Mercer did with Tim.

Now go watch some more sloppy bum fights with alleged "elite" HWs who gas 3 mins into a fight lmao.

Steve jennum, Royce Gracie, Kimbo slice are not exactly top mma fighters!

Mercer got lucky with Tim Sylvia. If they fight again Tim sylvia beats him 9/10 times.

Wrestling and bjj is more applicable in a cage than boxing!

If the top boxers came in to the UFC they would get there ass kicked by a UFC journeyman. Lesnar would beat Lennox lewis, Evander Holyfield, Joe Frazier, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano and the klitchko brothers all in the same night.

Look at how effective boxing is in the cage! Boxers defense looks great in the cage, and you could tell they know how to take a punch! UFC fighters are just sloppy and not in shape! I can't wait to add James Toney to this list!

YouTube - Steve Jennum vs Melton Bowen

YouTube - Royce G. vs Art J.

YouTube - KIMBO VS RAY MERCER (FULL FIGHT

lol.

Another butt-hurt MMA fan comes to add his two cents into this forum.
I definitely like how you deliberately left of Mercer/Sylvia from your list.

Regardless, here are my thoughts:

If you want to see effective boxing defense being used in an MMA fight, refer to yesterday's fight between George Sotiropolous vs Kurt Pellegrino. George managed to rock Kurt using simple boxing combos set up by his basic jab. Although his boxing wasn't perfect, George definitely impressed me with whatever much boxing offense and defense that he showed.

For the record, this thread was NEVER about whether boxing > MMA.
It was about how two supposed ELITE HWs looked like COMPLETE TRASH due to their:
- Horrid Striking Defense
- Horrendous Cardio (how in the hell does someone gass themselves out by throwing punches downwards for 2 minutes? How, god damn it?)

For the record, those fights that you listed show that Boxers lack well-roundedness.
They do not prove that boxing is ineffective in the cage.
We all know what happened when a devastating striker learned takedown defense (Prime Cro Cop).
He fucked everyone up.

That being said, Brock and Shane should be thankful that the elite HWs in the world are busy making millions in boxing and not fighting in the UFC for 40k salaries.

Mercer got lucky with Tim Sylvia. If they fight again Tim sylvia beats him 9/10 times.

If the top boxers came in to the UFC they would get there ass kicked by a UFC journeyman. Lesnar would beat Lennox lewis, Evander Holyfield, Joe Frazier, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano and the klitchko brothers all in the same night.

if shane carwin can do this i hate to see what any of the people you mentioned would do to him
332m536.gif

Toney has not been on top in boxing for the last 10 years. However I never recall seeing James Toney hurt. Even when he fought against the greatest fighter of the last 20 years the great Roy Jones! Toney has an old man could still probably go 8 rounds with the klitchko's he wouldn't last 45 seconds with Brock Lesnar! That I can guarantee!

Royce was for his time, that's like saying Newton was not very intelligent because you know more about how the world works today.

The first decent punch slow as hell Carwin landed had Lesnar going in a straight line and covering up, if any of those guys caught him it's lights out.

Cintron offered to fight Sherk but Dana White backed out.

There was nothing lucky about a pro boxer landing a punch dumbass.

I rather watch people show skills with their fists than no skilled slop fest bum fights that you ultimate fightin' fans call great.

No real elite HW would gas 3 mins into a fight throwing punches unless he has an injury or coming back from one after a long layoff.

lol.

Another butt-hurt MMA fan comes to add his two cents into this forum.
I definitely like how you deliberately left of Mercer/Sylvia from your list.

Regardless, here are my thoughts:

If you want to see effective boxing defense being used in an MMA fight, refer to yesterday's fight between George Sotiropolous vs Kurt Pellegrino. George managed to rock Kurt using simple boxing combos set up by his basic jab. Although his boxing wasn't perfect, George definitely impressed me with whatever much boxing offense and defense that he showed.

For the record, this thread was NEVER about whether boxing > MMA.
It was about how two supposed ELITE HWs looked like COMPLETE TRASH due to their:
- Horrid Striking Defense
- Horrendous Cardio (how in the hell does someone gass themselves out by throwing punches downwards for 2 minutes? How, god damn it?)

For the record, those fights that you listed show that Boxers lack well-roundedness.
They do not prove that boxing is ineffective in the cage.
We all know what happened when a devastating striker learned takedown defense (Prime Cro Cop).
He fucked everyone up.

That being said, Brock and Shane should be thankful that the elite HWs in the world are busy making millions in boxing and not fighting in the UFC for 40k salaries.

Brock Lesnar makes more money than 99.9% of boxers out there. As a matter of fact the only heavyweights in boxing today that make more money than Lesnar are the klitchkos! With Endorsements and he averages 3 fights a year Lesnar rakes in about 10 million a year!

Not bad for 10 minutes of work! MMA is a new sport and in 10 years I would not be surprised if the top MMA fighters are making close the the amount of money as top boxers.

Also we see a boxing superfight once every 3 years ex.. Mayweather vs pac, Mayweather vs DLH. We see superfights in every UFC card! I find Lesnar vs Carwin to be more exciting than Mosley vs Mayweather.

Last edited:
It was an ugly, embarrassing fight, like watching two gorillas fight over the last banana. At least it was entertaining.

Wlad Klitschko with TDD=Lesnar sleeping like a baby in 30 seconds.

Brock Lesnar makes more money than 99.9% of boxers out there. As a matter of fact the only heavyweights in boxing today that make more money than Lesnar are the klitchkos! With Endorsements and he averages 3 fights a year Lesnar rakes in about 10 million a year!

Not bad for 10 minutes of work! MMA is a new sport and in 10 years I would not be surprised if the top MMA fighters are making close the the amount of money as top boxers.

Also we see a boxing superfight once every 3 years ex.. Mayweather vs pac, Mayweather vs DLH. We see superfights in every UFC card! I find Lesnar vs Carwin to be more exciting than Mosley vs DLH.
And what are the rest of the UFC HWs making?

Carwin made a grand 40k for the biggest UFC fight of the year lmao. Audley got a 1.4mill $ offer against Haye and he is not even top 10 HW where as Carwin is supposedly top 5.

Sorry I don't count bum fights as superfights just because the UFC told me they were and that Carwin vs Lesnar was just that, atrocious fight with very little technique and one guy was so gassed out he could barely stand up by round 2. That's not what I like to see from pro fighters though you are free to throw away your money for trash.

lol. Lesnar makes 10 Million a year with endorsements.

Here's what top boxers made in 2008 without endorsements:

1. Wladimir Klitchko - $36 Million
2. Manny Pacquiao - $33 Million
3. Oscar De La Hoya - $24 Million
4. Joe Calzaghe - $20 Million
5. Roy Jones Jr - $20 Million
6. Bernard Hopkins - $16 Million
7. Felix Trinidad - $14 Million
8. Miguel Cotto - $14 Million
9. Kelly Pavlik - $10 Million

Again, that is without endorsements or PPV bonuses.

Hell, Alvarez, a 19 year old up-and-coming boxer made $100,000 just by fighting on the undercard of his last fight. That's $60k more than what Carwin took home.

Also we see a boxing superfight once every 3 years ex.. Mayweather vs pac, Mayweather vs DLH. We see superfights in every UFC card! I find Lesnar vs Carwin to be more exciting than Mosley vs DLH.

Top MMA fighters will never make that kind of money in 10 years because of the way that the UFC is structured.
Zuffa owns all the fighters and takes the biggest piece of the pie.
They even own their fighters "likeness" as seen in the UFC video games. When the guys at AKA (Cain, Koscheck, Fitch) objected to this, Dana threatened to throw them out of the UFC.

MMA fighters are Dana's bitches. Until that changes, you can fully expect them to continue making $40k for main events.

EDIT: How in the fuck do you come up with the number $10 million as lesnar's yearly salary???
The dude has a $400,000 base pay. You trying to tell me that his ppv bonuses (the dude averages 2 fights a year) and endorsements equal $9,600,000? GTFO.

And what are the rest of the UFC HWs making?

Carwin made a grand 40k for the biggest UFC fight of the year lmao. Audley got a 1.4mill $ offer against Haye and he is not even top 10 HW where as Carwin is supposedly top 5.

Sorry I don't count bum fights as superfights just because the UFC told me they were and that Carwin vs Lesnar was just that, atrocious fight with very little technique and one guy was so gassed out he could barely stand up by round 2. That's not what I like to see from pro fighters though you are free to throw away your money for trash.

40k is what the UFC paid out. Carwin will make alot more from sponsers. Carwin could make 300 dollars an hour teaching privates. He could also make more money from seminars. Trust me Carwin is not hurting.

I remember a guy by the name of Corrie Sanders who beat some of the best heavyweights and his cardio was subpar also! Audley will not make 25k for his next fight.

40k is what the UFC paid out. Carwin will make alot more from sponsers. Carwin could make 300 dollars an hour teaching privates. He could also make more money from seminars. Trust me Carwin is not hurting.

I remember a guy by the name of Corrie Sanders who beat some of the best heavyweights and his cardio was subpar also! Audley will not make 25k for his next fight.
Boxers also get sponsors and much better one's than ultimate fighters too, shocking I know.

The Klit bro's have deals with Hugo Boss.

When we are talking about fight pay let's keep to fight pay not some bullshit Dana told you (zomg! they get all these huge backroom bonuses!) or sponsorships.

corrie could and did go twelve rounds and audley always makes money as the british public has some weird fascination with him.You forgot to include Carwins 9 to 5 job in your calculations.Why do think he will make a lot from sponsor mma is a niche sport like all combat sport i doubt they attract high level sponsors

Royce was for his time, that's like saying Newton was not very intelligent because you know more about how the world works today.

The first decent punch slow as hell Carwin landed had Lesnar going in a straight line and covering up, if any of those guys caught him it's lights out.

Cintron offered to fight Sherk but Dana White backed out.

There was nothing lucky about a pro boxer landing a punch dumbass.

I rather watch people show skills with their fists than no skilled slop fest bum fights that you ultimate fightin' fans call great.

No real elite HW would gas 3 mins into a fight throwing punches unless he has an injury or coming back from one after a long layoff.

MMA has evolved since 93 and boxing has regressed dumbass!

Cintron would not fight sherk because his promoter wouldn't allow it. Think of Mayorga vs Din Thomas. Cintron says that to get in the papers.

I rather watch something that resembles a real fight than watching 2 boxers with 10 ounce gloves run all night and not one guy gets rocked in 36 minutes.

Remember Corrie Sanders he gassed out pretty quickly yet knocked out the best heavyweight wladimir. He looked sloppy yet effective.

I remember reading that the average UFC fighter averages $85k in sponsorship money.
Considering Carwin's spike in popularity, I'll go ahead and round that up to a generous $150k.
Even then, he only walks home with $190k.

And lol at you suggesting Carwin go off and teach private lessons or seminars.
You are desperately trying to increase the salary for UFC fighters and its making you seem more and more foolish with each post.

And even more lol at you suggesting Audley won't make $25k for his next fight.

MMA has already started regressing.

MMA has evolved since 93 and boxing has regressed dumbass!

Cintron would not fight sherk because his promoter wouldn't allow it. Think of Mayorga vs Din Thomas. Cintron says that to get in the papers.

I rather watch something that resembles a real fight than watching 2 boxers with 10 ounce gloves run all night and not one guy gets rocked in 36 minutes.
Remember Corrie Sanders he gassed out pretty quickly yet knocked out the best heavyweight wladimir. He looked sloppy yet effective.

lol. MMA used to be real fighting back when Pride was around and soccer kicks/ foot stomps ran rampant.

Now, its just a glorified LnP bouts catering to wrestlers.

Oh, and when "not one guy gets rocked in 36 minutes" that means that the guys have a good chin. You know, the thing that UFC fighters don't have. cue Mercer/sylvia knockout.

Back