The TOP UFC HW is one of the worst boxers I've ever seen in my life

are you joking? Do you seriously think someone not trained in wrestling could avoid a takedown against an NCAA champion wrestler for more than a few seconds?

In order to get a take down you have to get within punching distance. Last night Lesnar tried to take down Carwin in the first and ate an upercut that sent him flying about 10 feet.

are you joking? Do you seriously think someone not trained in wrestling could avoid a takedown against an NCAA champion wrestler for more than a few seconds?

Unfortunately for Brock, "a few seconds" are all that Klitschko needs......

Last night it became painfully obvious that Brock is cautious around guys who are just as big (if not bigger) than him.

If Brock reverts to his "back up in a straight line and turtle up" defense against a striker like Klitschko, it will not end pretty.

I still think that a big, experienced striker and grappler like Overeem would make Brock his bitch. Last night only reconfirmed my belief.

I'll sum up my opinion on this thread in a few words. Who gives a fuck which sport is more popular between boxing and MMA? How does that affect you at all? Also unless you possess some of the tremendous athletic skills that these men have in either sport keep your overly harsh criticisms to yourself. MMA is a dynamic sport where you have train a ton of different disciplines and sometimes must if the situation demands expend as much energy as you possibly can to finish a fight. Two minutes of wall to wall haymakers will gas most any fighter and it just so happened to not work out for Carwin in a finish.

Maia says hi.
lol.

MMA fans always have an excuse for bum fights and it was exactly that.

Gassed in 3 mins = elite HW in MMA lmao.

And there are plenty of Boxing bouts where the 2 guys are just throwing bombs back and forth the whole round (eg: Hagler vs Hearns) without looking like they are about to fall over through exhaustion.

As I said may be Carwin didn't really think he should put much into cardio considering that 40k was his base pay.

I'll sum up my opinion on this thread in a few words. Who gives a fuck which sport is more popular between boxing and MMA? How does that affect you at all? Also unless you possess some of the tremendous athletic skills that these men have in either sport keep your overly harsh criticisms to yourself. MMA is a dynamic sport where you have train a ton of different disciplines and sometimes must if the situation demands expend as much energy as you possibly can to finish a fight. Two minutes of wall to wall haymakers will gas most any fighter and it just so happened to not work out for Carwin in a finish.

Ummmmm. No.

Two minutes of wall to wall haymakers should NOT gas out any fighter. Especially not a fighter who was lauded as the second best HW in the UFC. Cardio is the bread and butter of any combat sports fighter be it K1, MMA, or Boxing.

Second, its not like Carwin was forced to throw haymakers. He did so WILLINGLY and FOOLISHLY. Especially when the first 10 punches of GnP didn't land, a semi-intelligent fighter would've refrained from doing so and revised his strategy.
Instead, Carwin decided to continue doing that strategy despite knowing that it was ineffective.

Go look up the Ike Ibeabuchi vs David Tua fight. It was a HW boxing match that broke the fight statistic record for most punches thrown (over 1700 in total). It was basically two big ass dudes throwing hundreds of punches at one another for 12 ROUNDS.

Yesterday was the first time in my life that I saw a HW get tired from throwing punches DOWNWARDS........

Ummmmm. No.

Two minutes of wall to wall haymakers should NOT gas out any fighter. Especially not a fighter who was lauded as the second best HW in the UFC. Cardio is the bread and butter of any combat sports fighter be it K1, MMA, or Boxing.

Second, its not like Carwin was forced to throw haymakers. He did so WILLINGLY and FOOLISHLY. Especially when the first 10 punches of GnP didn't land, a semi-intelligent fighter would've refrained from doing so and revised his strategy.
Instead, Carwin decided to continue doing that strategy despite knowing that it was ineffective.

Go look up the Ike Ibeabuchi vs David Tua fight. It was a HW boxing match that broke the fight statistic record for most punches thrown (over 1700 in total). It was basically two big ass dudes throwing hundreds of punches at one another for 12 ROUNDS.

Yesterday was the first time in my life that I saw a HW get tired from throwing punches DOWNWARDS........
Thanks for bringing up that fight.

YouTube - David Tua Vs Ike Ibeabuchi (PART 1/5)

Highlights of the fight:

YouTube - Best fight on youtube

Look at this guy changing the topic once he gets exposed for being unable to even tell the difference between Europe and the US.

"My" sport is doing fine worldwide and we don't get sloppy bum fights with one dude gassing in 3 mins in the biggest HW fights.

No those skills are reserved for ultimate fighters.

just look at his sig, dude. talking about patriots and mark twain. he is a UFC nuthugger who hates on anything non-UFC. its funny that most UFC only fans are the type of people that would vote for sarah palin.

we dont need to throw all MMA under the bus here. there are plenty of great fighters. its not their fault that UFC hyped up a glorified toughman fight last night as the "biggest fight of all time."

fedor and overeem > brock and carwin

carwin is the new bob sapp.

Ummmmm. No.

This. As I've said in some of the other threads regarding Carwin's gassing out, he should've recognized Brock was not getting hurt on the ground, stood back up, and knocked him down again and done this until either Brock adjusted in the stand-up or the ref stopped it.

just look at his sig, dude. talking about patriots and mark twain. he is a UFC nuthugger who hates on anything non-UFC. its funny that most UFC only fans are the type of people that would vote for sarah palin.
Yeah he is one of the UFC shills on sherdog.

People think I hate MMA or something, i used to watch MMA more for a couple of years (which is one reason why I didn't post in the Boxing section much before) but got turned off as the fights got increasingly shitty (through shitty matchmaking) and can't stand how the fighters are treated.

Basically MMA is run like WWE with real fights.

Look at all the excuses being given, there are absolutely no excuses (unless he has a serious injury or something) for a supposedly elite HW (or so the UFC had people believe) to gas in perhaps the biggest HW fight in MMA in North America within 3 minutes. It's embarassing for the sport but may be not to the tons of teenage morons who make up the fanbase that are just looking for sloppy bar room brawls.

Yeah he is one of the UFC shills on sherdog.

People think I hate MMA or something, i used to watch MMA more for a couple of years (which is one reason why I didn't post in the Boxing section much before) but got turned off as the fights got increasingly shitty (through shitty matchmaking) and can't stand how the fighters are treated.

Basically MMA is run like WWE with real fights.

Look at all the excuses being given, there are absolutely no excuses (unless he has a serious injury or something) for a supposedly elite HW (or so the UFC had people believe) to gas in perhaps the biggest HW fight in MMA in North America within 3 minutes. It's embarassing for the sport but may be not to the tons of teenage morons who make up the fanbase that are just looking for sloppy bar room brawls.

i mainly stick to WEC, bellator, and dream.

those are exciting fights with good martial arts skills on display. no hype, just exciting fights.

As I suspected, Brock's horrible striking is gonna be exposed eventually and against Carwin it was just reaffirmed....If only Carwin had better cardio and chose his punches more carefully. Good thing for Brock, the good HW strikers of the world are making millions boxing, he doesn't need to ever worry about any of them going over to the cage and potentially highlight reeling him.

He's safe for now...Carwin was pretty much the only guy that could test him. JDS while a much crisper boxer (for MMA anyways) is way too undersized and would get taken down and PWNED......Cain is a like a smaller version of both guys so I don't see him being able to do anything to Brock.

I have no idea all I could find was The Boxing Truth - Ratings Dismal Beyond Dismal For Klitschko-Chagaev On ESPN Classics

Is that astronomical to you?

Jun 25, 2009 -
"Wow!" is all I have to say regarding the ratings for Wladimir Klitschko's recent heavyweight title fight against Ruslan Chagaev.

How far the big men have fallen in terms of popularity within the United States of America. There once was a time when the big boys were kings amongst the rest and drew the highest ratings in all of boxing. Apparently, just like everything else in this world, these are changing and the United States consumer demands more... more than what the current crop of heavyweight pretenders have to offer.

While Klitschko-Chagaev seemingly did an enormous number in terms of television ratings in Germany (rumors of 11 million viewers), the number here in the states is as follows according to Nielsen Media:

ESPN Classics - Wladimir Klistchko vs. Ruslah Chagaev - 2pm PST - 151,000 Total Average Viewers

All I know is that I sure hope ESPN didn't shell out any significant fee to broadcast this embarrassing display of heavyweight boxing.

With programming that only draws 151,000 viewers, it's no wonder that boxing is no longer broadcasted over the major television networks. Being that Wladimir Klistchko might be one of the most boring champions of recent times, it's probably a good thing for boxing that the masses aren't exposed to his style of fighting.

You figure out what that number means...

I think this is what he meant.

That was just atrocious from both guys.

I don't know how MMA fans can boast about fights like this with a straight face.

Brock was getting tagged at will by a slow as hell but powerful Carwin and Carwin can't fight for more than fucking 5 minutes without gassing and yet this was the biggest HW fight in MMA history?

As I keep saying, can you imagine Smokin' Joe gassed out after 2 rounds during the Thrilla in Manila?

May be Carwin figured he didn't need to make much of an effort regarding his cardio because his base pay was 40k.

Funny how no MMA fans bring this up.

Well said.

Wow not surprised you like to troll boxing boards as much as you love to make up illogical conspiracy theories threaded together only by lunacy and idiocy.... The ratings may have bad in the US AT 2PM ON A SATURDAY, but I don't feel too bad since some of the same people that watched that piece of shit UFC last night also watch WWE as their life time hobby. I'm sure your whole family cleared out the trailer park for that beer soaked fun fest....

It killed in Germany since it was on at prime time.
So in case logic escapes you; it is not beneficial to a) put on a fight and delay it until prime time in the US or b) air it at 2 PM on a Saturday afternoon.

very true, that really reflects badly on the UFC and the sport

we dont need to throw all MMA under the bus here. there are plenty of great fighters. its not their fault that UFC hyped up a glorified toughman fight last night as the "biggest fight of all time."

fedor and overeem > brock and carwin

I agree with this.. last night i watched boxing and was impressed how good the condition of those athletes were. (compared to 4 minute gasout of the UFC HWs)

Back