The TOP UFC HW is one of the worst boxers I've ever seen in my life

Not in the foreseeable future. You can't criticize HW mma fighters when Boxing hasn't had a HW fight that anyone gave a shit about in years.
If no one gave a shit then how are the Klit bro's filling 60k stadiums in Germany and getting deals with Hugo Boss?

Chew on that dumbass.

And no one is marketing these recent HW fights as the biggest fights in history, people take them for what they are in a somewhat weaker HW era.

You don't see them coming in gassing in 3 mins, no you need "elite" UFC HWs for that lmao.

This wasnt really a big HW fight. It was marketed that way but thats because there are a ton of gullible MMA fans who eat up the UFC product. But in reality, it featured two extremely raw fighters who have a ton of question marks.

And it really didnt answer any questions. The only thing I got from this fight was that Carwin has a miserable gas tank and Brock has the boxing ability of a 6 year old elementary school girl.

Since when is a gas tank not part of mma or wrestling. Is this a sprint sport or a sport where fighters get 30 seconds to do what they can? What a rediculous statement to make. Conditioning is right up there with striking, wrestling or jits. If you don't have conditioning you ca forget about all of your other skills.

Carwin had better standup than Brock and Brock had better conditioning than Carwin. There is no difference they are both crucial skills in mma.

Boxing appeal is worldwide, do you know how massive, how astronomical a draw Wladdy and Vitali are in europe?
He probably still lives in his mom's basement and needs Dana White as his father figure so he wouldn't know these things.

So many of these MMA fans live in their own make believe white picket fence suburban North American world and have no clue of anything outside that.

Wlad made what like 25 million $ for his last fight (later proven to be overestimates but I bet he still made more than 10), pretty good for a guy who supposedly no one cares about according to this moron.

Brock wishes he could be Wlad and swap the paychecks.

Boxing appeal is worldwide, do you know how massive, how astronomical a draw Wladdy and Vitali are in europe?

Exactly.

Whenever there's talk about the "heavyweight division being dead", it's usually from American sports writers who are upset there aren't any heavyweight contenders in the United States.

In Europe, the division is thriving and the both Wlad and Vitali are massive draws.

Striking-wise, the only fight on that card that was good was George Sotiropolous vs Kurt Pellegrino.

-G. Sot displayed a solid jab and good boxing fundementals (although I had to laugh at his attempts at bobbing and weaving).

-Bonnar vs Soszynski was just a glorified brawl (like most Bonnar fights).

-Don't even get me started on Akiyama vs Leben. From a striking perspective it looked as if neither had ever taken a class on boxing defense. There was a moment in the second round where they were haphazardly throwing haymakers at one another with both hands down. The jock/frat boy crowd ate it up and loved every moment of it, but from a technical viewpoint, it was just garbage.

-Brock showed us his new "turtle" defense where he apparently likes to cover his face and back up in a straight line whenever someone hits him. Carwin showed us his cardio by hyperventilating and gasping for breath at the start of the second round.

Overall: MMA fighters are in the UFC for a reason. They just can't cut it in boxing.

and I still can't believe that Carwin only made 40k for "the biggest fight in UFC history".

pathetic.

Oh, and my personal highlight of the evening was when the dumbass sitting next to me at the bar remarked how Carwin had the ability to knockout a prime Holyfield. (evander was in attendance at the event, for those of you who don't know. they showed his face on the big screen).

I have no idea all I could find was The Boxing Truth - Ratings Dismal Beyond Dismal For Klitschko-Chagaev On ESPN Classics

Jun 25, 2009 -
"Wow!" is all I have to say regarding the ratings for Wladimir Klitschko's recent heavyweight title fight against Ruslan Chagaev.

How far the big men have fallen in terms of popularity within the United States of America. There once was a time when the big boys were kings amongst the rest and drew the highest ratings in all of boxing. Apparently, just like everything else in this world, these are changing and the United States consumer demands more... more than what the current crop of heavyweight pretenders have to offer.

While Klitschko-Chagaev seemingly did an enormous number in terms of television ratings in Germany (rumors of 11 million viewers), the number here in the states is as follows according to Nielsen Media:

ESPN Classics - Wladimir Klistchko vs. Ruslah Chagaev - 2pm PST - 151,000 Total Average Viewers

All I know is that I sure hope ESPN didn't shell out any significant fee to broadcast this embarrassing display of heavyweight boxing.

With programming that only draws 151,000 viewers, it's no wonder that boxing is no longer broadcasted over the major television networks. Being that Wladimir Klistchko might be one of the most boring champions of recent times, it's probably a good thing for boxing that the masses aren't exposed to his style of fighting.

You figure out what that number means...

Is that astronomical to you?

The top UFC heavyweight is also a terrible basketball player!! Not to take anything away from him, he's got good size but atrocious hops! If Lebron played Lesnar in basketball, Lebron would tool Lesnar!!

I'm just kidding with you btw. It's late and I'm bored.

Not a good analogy at all, of course.
Basketball skills have nothing to do with MMA.
Boxing is half of MMA. The type of hand strikes, distance shifting, blocking, etc. used in MMA is from Boxing and nowhere else.

Anyway, Lesnar is far to muscle bound to be a good boxer (and so is Carwin, though less so), and Lesnar relies on his size, strength, speed-to-size ratio and his foundations in Freestyle/Collegiate wrestling, with just enough boxing to keep him educated and give him some G&P power.

But as you say, it was late & you're just kidding.

He said Europe dumbass and the article was talking about the situation in the US.

You too stupid to even know the difference between US & Europe?

But then again that's to be expected from a UFC nuthugger like you.

Stop embarassing yourself anymore and stick to ultimate fightin'.

You are an angry dude. Just chill man. I'm sorry your favorite sport is a fucking mess and that it literally hinges on Floyd vs Pac. Don't let it get you down.:icon_cry2

the thing you highlighted in red wasnt, but the line right above it was... 10million in germany? That is like 50million in the USA. That is astronomical in terms of ratings.

And most people dont get espn classic, cause in a lot of areas you need a digital cable package or something other than basic cable. So 115000 isnt that bad for a fight in the states that wasnt promoted at all, with no american fighter, on a channel that a lot less people get than something like spike. Considering all that, it is still a good number for them in the states.

You are an angry dude. Just chill man. I'm sorry your favorite sport is a fucking mess and that it literally hinges on Floyd vs Pac. Don't let it get you down.:icon_cry2
Look at this guy changing the topic once he gets exposed for being unable to even tell the difference between Europe and the US.

"My" sport is doing fine worldwide and we don't get sloppy bum fights with one dude gassing in 3 mins in the biggest HW fights.

No those skills are reserved for ultimate fighters.

Is that astronomical to you?

That is the number of American viewers who watch the fight on ESPN.

Like someone said before, HW boxing is HUGE in Europe.
Klitschkos have soldout entire Soccer Stadiums there.

He slapped you down.

the thing you highlighted in red wasnt, but the line right above it was... 10million in germany? That is like 50million in the USA. That is astronomical in terms of ratings.

And most people dont get espn classic, cause in a lot of areas you need a digital cable package or something other than basic cable. So 115000 isnt that bad for a fight in the states that wasnt promoted at all, with no american fighter, on a channel that a lot less people get than something like spike. Considering all that, it is still a good number for them in the states.

It is one thing for millions to watch something on TV it is another thing all together to sell a ppv.

Boxing HWs used to sell millions of PPVs in the states I was just saying that those days are gone and now guys here are slamming mma HWs when it is a different fucking sport with a different skillset. It is just a silly debate.

last night was fucking embarrassing and highlighted how low the skill level in mma is

I watched the fight online and it was a travesty. I was really hoping that both fighters (considering their NCAA backgrounds) would've shown decent wrestling technique, but both of them are just big brutes, one of whom punched himself out punching down.

Heavyweight boxing might be in a boring slump, but at least I see skill and conditioning. How anyone defends Carwin at this point is beyond me. How do you gas out after 1/5 of a fight?

And you know he can't hit too hard otherwise he'd be trying boxing and making more than $40k.

It is one thing for millions to watch something on TV it is another thing all together to sell a ppv.

Boxing HWs used to sell millions of PPVs in the states I was just saying that those days are gone and now guys here are slamming mma HWs when it is a different fucking sport with a different skillset. It is just a silly debate.

lol used to sell millions of PPVs? tell me which huge fights other than some tyson fights were PPV that sold even hundres of thousands? PPV is something of the last 30years or so, and most countries dont even have PPV.

What about actual gate revenue? Try selling out massive soccer stadiums and compare that to the fledgling attendances of BOTH MMA and boxing in the states.

Last I heard last nights "Biggest HW fight in History" didn't even sell out the MGM. They had to paper the crowd. Also another thing I find funny is that Dana White shits on any sport other than MMA (UFC really), yet soccer at 10am and 1pm on weekdays has gotten high ratings than any UFC event ever. On top of that chew on this, Vitali Klitshko v Arreola did 5 times bigger ratings than the Fedor fight last week. No excuses for that, both are subscription networks, it's not like one was on free tv while the other wasn't.

I think Lesnar would have to dive in immediately and even then Wladdy got some footwork.

I would honestly bet good money that Wlad would 1-2 Lesnar into a diaper.

are you joking? Do you seriously think someone not trained in wrestling could avoid a takedown against an NCAA champion wrestler for more than a few seconds?

are you joking? Do you seriously think someone not trained in wrestling could avoid a takedown against an NCAA champion wrestler for more than a few seconds?

He's a WWF champion.

Back