the top ten P4P in the world as of July 20,2020?

1. Canelo
2. Estrada
3. Lomachenko
4. Crawford
5. Usyk
6. Inoue
7. Spence
8. Taylor
9. Beterbiev
10. Fury

something like that
so like. Why not Golovkin?
I have him pretty high on my list. Last 4 years only loss to Canelo, along with a draw. On top of wins Derevy, Jacobs, Kell Brook, and then Vanes/Rolls/Wade for whatever those are worth

noticeably slowing down though, but still hasn't really lost other than the close Canelo fight

Why would you rank him higher for beating Teofimo or Gervonta when Linares is a much better win? Linares was the number 1 lightweight in the world with multiple defenses when they fought and the guy Mikey Garcia ducked. Don’t see how that logic works out beating unproven guys moves you up?

You're overselling Linares a bit. Garcia would have rightfully been a very commanding favourite over Linares and any claims that he ducked him are rather weak. It's a genuinely impressive first win at a weight where Lomachenko is a bit undersized, but I don't know how Linares would be a "much better win" than Lopez or Davis (well, maybe Davis as he's barely active). Lopez destroying Commey was clearly more impressive than anything Linares did at the weight (or in his career, period, and a guy like Lopez doesn't have a list of stoppage losses to bang average fighters or very apparent flaws).

so like. Why not Golovkin?
I have him pretty high on my list. Last 4 years only loss to Canelo, along with a draw. On top of wins Derevy, Jacobs, Kell Brook, and then Vanes/Rolls/Wade for whatever those are worth

noticeably slowing down though, but still hasn't really lost other than the close Canelo fight
I've never been blown away with GGG's resume tbh. I thought he lost the second fight to Canelo pretty decisively and I don't see what there is about the Derev win that would have him above most of the others I have listed. I don't think it'd be out of line to rank him though, so if I did he'd be there with the bottom three. I guess it's a momentum thing tbh. I'd also consider having Kenshiro in my top 10, but I htink his resume needs a real big name on it before I have him in my top ten.

You're overselling Linares a bit. Garcia would have rightfully been a very commanding favourite over Linares and any claims that he ducked him are rather weak. It's a genuinely impressive first win at a weight where Lomachenko is a bit undersized, but I don't know how Linares would be a "much better win" than Lopez or Davis (well, maybe Davis as he's barely active). Lopez destroying Commey was clearly more impressive than anything Linares did at the weight (or in his career, period, and a guy like Lopez doesn't have a list of stoppage losses to bang average fighters or very apparent flaws).
Perhaps the win over Commey is better but actually making multiple title defenses and being recognized almost universally as ranked number 1 in the division still holds more weight to me than Commey who won a vacant title and beat a career choke artist in his first defense

Perhaps the win over Commey is better but actually making multiple title defenses and being recognized almost universally as ranked number 1 in the division still holds more weight to me than Commey who won a vacant title and beat a career choke artist in his first defense

It's about quality. Commey is a better fighter than anyone during Linares's reign other than maybe Luke Campbell, and Lopez annihilated him. We knew all about Linares's failings before the Lomachenko fight, as well. His durability and stamina had failed him numerous times against very average opposition (and they failed him again after the Lomachenko fight against bang average opposition). Lopez could definitely turn out to be similarly flawed, but there have been no indications of those significant holes just yet. At the very least these realities makes Linares a comparable opponent to Lopez and not "much better."

for me personally i don't really care much about titles and stuff like that when there is 4 or the "fastest" stuff

I think his best win is probably.....Linares I guess? I dunno.

Really talented though but imo kinda in the Crawford camp where I need him to fight someone a bit better than what he is facing now before I can move him up

for example I am not the biggest Usyk fan, but I do think highly of the Cruiserweight Division the last few years and Usyk just kinda ran through it. I don't think he'll be a great heavyweight but his resume at Cruiserweight is phenomenal

Maybe if Loma beats Teofimo or Gervonta Davis i'd move him up. Those would be real impressive but who knows if Gervonta even wants to fight him. Lopez seems interested
You may not care about accomplishments (fastest to win a world title, to win two world titles in two divisions, to win three world titles in three divisions, etc) but most do. Surely if it wasn't that difficult then it wouldn't have taken 39 years for a guy like Lomachenko to come along and tie Saensak Muangsurin's record.

As for signature wins, you're still talking about a guy with only 15 pro fights. Very few fighters on the current P4P lists actually have legit signature wins in their entire careers nevermind in just 15 fights (over say a prime future 1st ballot HOFer or a prime P4P level opponent). Canelo and Golovkin don't, Kovalev didn't, Inoue doesn't, Mikey didn't, Crawford & Usyk don't. It's largely about opportunity and Canelo has had more opportunity than anyone else as he's the cash cow of the sport. He can fight whomever he pleases whenever he pleases on his terms similar to Floyd. Usyk had the opportunity to fight in the WBSS and capitalized as did Inoue. Some of these guys like Lomachenko are just now getting opportunities opened up. Lopez is a good start in the division as that fight will be for the lineal championship and to unify three of the four major world titles.

You may not care about accomplishments (fastest to win a world title, to win two world titles in two divisions, to win three world titles in three divisions, etc) but most do. Surely if it wasn't that difficult then it wouldn't have taken 39 years for a guy like Lomachenko to come along and tie Saensak Muangsurin's record.

As for signature wins, you're still talking about a guy with only 15 pro fights. Very few fighters on the current P4P lists actually have legit signature wins in their entire careers nevermind in just 15 fights (over say a prime future 1st ballot HOFer or a prime P4P level opponent). Canelo and Golovkin don't, Kovalev didn't, Inoue doesn't, Mikey didn't, Crawford & Usyk don't. It's largely about opportunity and Canelo has had more opportunity than anyone else as he's the cash cow of the sport. He can fight whomever he pleases whenever he pleases on his terms similar to Floyd. Usyk had the opportunity to fight in the WBSS and capitalized as did Inoue. Some of these guys like Lomachenko are just now getting opportunities opened up. Lopez is a good start in the division as that fight will be for the lineal championship and to unify three of the four major world titles.
yeah i don't really disagree

seems like your in agreement with me

course may change once he gets a few good wins

I also think you've got Spence too high by a couple places but I have more of an issue with Golovkin still being in the Top 10 despite being a big fan of his, as he's no longer a P4P fighter. If you look at his last 6 fights, how BoxRec judges recent activity, he arguably lost to Jacobs, lost to Canelo the last time they met, and arguably lost to Derevyanchenko as well in his last outing. I had both Jacobs and Derevyanchenko beating him and I know others did as well.

Back