the top ten P4P in the world as of July 20,2020?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
These are the ten imo. I rank by resume but it's actually kinda hard tbh because beyond Canelo, a lot of guys are close. I think my list looks something like

1. Canelo
2. Inoue
3. Usyk
4. Spence
5. Golovkin
6. Loma
7. Fury
8. Crawford
9. I guess Manny Pacquiao?
10. I guess Juan Francisco Estrada? or maybe Anthony Joshua?

I see a good argument for Canelo being #1 or close enough to it. But interestingly, The Ring (Golden Boy's own mag), only have him at #3.

Canelo will forever be a drug cheat but his skill is unmatched right now it’s crazy.

Canelo will forever be a drug cheat but his skill is unmatched right now it’s crazy.
His skills are nice but it's his recent resume that's currently unmatched which is why the media right now rank him #1 P4P. If we're just talking skills or a combination of skills and resume then it would look more like this list (with Inoue being in there as well).

1. Canelo
2. Estrada
3. Lomachenko
4. Crawford
5. Usyk
6. Inoue
7. Spence
8. Taylor
9. Beterbiev
10. Fury

something like that

Canelo
Lomachenko
Usyk
Estrada
Inoue
Crawford
Beterbiev
Spence
Taylor
Fury

Something like that

yeah that’s a good list imo. That would be mine as well, with maybe a couple of position changes

1. Canelo
2. Lomachenko
3. Inoue
4. Usyk
5. Estrada
6. Crawford
7. Spence
8. Pacquiao
9. Beterbiev
10. Fury

Canelo
Lomachenko
Usyk
Estrada
Inoue
Crawford
Beterbiev
Spence
Taylor
Fury

Something like that
boy i just am not sure by resume if loma is that high

but i can't poo poo it too much because beyond Canelo no one is really separating themselves

boy i just am not sure by resume if loma is that high

but i can't poo poo it too much because beyond Canelo no one is really separating themselves
Fastest to 3 titles in 3 divisions, unified champion multiple times, has a top 10 p4p win. Which I think on that list only Canelo, Loma, Spence, and Estrada have one

Fastest to 3 titles in 3 divisions, unified champion multiple times, has a top 10 p4p win. Which I think on that list only Canelo, Loma, Spence, and Estrada have one
for me personally i don't really care much about titles and stuff like that when there is 4 or the "fastest" stuff

I think his best win is probably.....Linares I guess? I dunno.

Really talented though but imo kinda in the Crawford camp where I need him to fight someone a bit better than what he is facing now before I can move him up

for example I am not the biggest Usyk fan, but I do think highly of the Cruiserweight Division the last few years and Usyk just kinda ran through it. I don't think he'll be a great heavyweight but his resume at Cruiserweight is phenomenal

Maybe if Loma beats Teofimo or Gervonta Davis i'd move him up. Those would be real impressive but who knows if Gervonta even wants to fight him. Lopez seems interested

for me personally i don't really care much about titles and stuff like that when there is 4 or the "fastest" stuff

I think his best win is probably.....Linares I guess? I dunno.

Really talented though but imo kinda in the Crawford camp where I need him to fight someone a bit better than what he is facing now before I can move him up

for example I am not the biggest Usyk fan, but I do think highly of the Cruiserweight Division the last few years and Usyk just kinda ran through it. I don't think he'll be a great heavyweight but his resume at Cruiserweight is phenomenal

Maybe if Loma beats Teofimo or Gervonta Davis i'd move him up. Those would be real impressive but who knows if Gervonta even wants to fight him. Lopez seems interested
Why would you rank him higher for beating Teofimo or Gervonta when Linares is a much better win? Linares was the number 1 lightweight in the world with multiple defenses when they fought and the guy Mikey Garcia ducked. Don’t see how that logic works out beating unproven guys moves you up?

Why would you rank him higher for beating Teofimo or Gervonta when Linares is a much better win? Linares was the number 1 lightweight in the world with multiple defenses when they fought and the guy Mikey Garcia ducked. Don’t see how that logic works out beating unproven guys moves you up?
Linares is kinda......... hit and miss for lack of a better term?

Like. Everytime Linares has stepped up where people have paid attention he loses. Against Salagado, against DeMarco, and then Loma. I dunno what the hell happened vs Cano

He reminds me a bit of Jhonny Gonzalez actually.

otherwise yeah he is a good win.

I think pretty highly of Gervonta Davis actually. I think that'd be a real good scalp for Loma and a pretty tough fight.

Teofimo's destruction of Commey was impressive and he has an interesting style

But I do think Davis's is probably the tougher fight for Loma. Good skills, good power, hard shots in the clinches. It's interesting.

Linares is kinda......... hit and miss for lack of a better term?

Like. Everytime Linares has stepped up where people have paid attention he loses. Against Salagado, against DeMarco, and then Loma. I dunno what the hell happened vs Cano

He reminds me a bit of Jhonny Gonzalez actually.

otherwise yeah he is a good win.

I think pretty highly of Gervonta Davis actually. I think that'd be a real good scalp for Loma and a pretty tough fight.

Teofimo's destruction of Commey was impressive and he has an interesting style

But I do think Davis's is probably the tougher fight for Loma. Good skills, good power, hard shots in the clinches. It's interesting.
Davis is probably still naturally bigger than Loma too so that matches up with the only types of opponents Davis will fight

Davis is probably still naturally bigger than Loma too so that matches up with the only types of opponents Davis will fight
indeed. I am not really sure if it happens, but it's pretty interesting.

Like i said above too i like Linares enough for what he is. But i do need a better scalp for Loma than that tbh

Not for lack of trying though. I am sure Loma is trying to get better guys in there.

but Lightweight is really starting to heat up so we will see what happens

Back