The top fighters in each weight classes in the history of MMA so far through 2021...

KZ has good wins but he’s never beat an elite contender. He’s got solid wins like Mociano and Poirier but at the times of the wins they were champ level or even close.

Mendes has more to be higher on the greatest FW list

Swanson and Kz are about the same in terms of FW greatest IMO both showed extremely high skills at their peak but were never champ level.

Korean Zombie is fighting this week....do you think he belongs with the greatests who's ever done it at featherweight division?

Below is the list of the greatest fighters in each weight class in the history of MMA/UFC through the mid point of 2021...feel free to post yours!

HW: Fedor, Stipe, Cain, Cormier
LHW: Jones, Cormier, Shogun, Machida
MW: Anderson, Israel, Romero, Whitaker
WW: GSP, Usman
LW: Khabib, BJ, Gomi, Edgar
FW: Aldo, Holloway, Conor
BW: Cruz, Dillsnake
FLW: MM, Horiguchi

Guys missing at various weights
Hendo, Chuck, Bustamante, Wanderlei, Werdum, Hughes

I'd remove Cain

Just to be on the same level as MM where judges think you won is a massive accomplishment. DJ is easily one of the best to ever do it.
The 5th round was also the deciding round and Cejudo earned that round with a stamp. I scored the fight for MM but Cejudo showed he was on his level or very very close to it

Guys missing at various weights
Hendo, Chuck, Bustamante, Wanderlei, Werdum, Hughes

I'd remove Cain

Oh rare shout out to Bustamante. He's so under-rated. I bet he can beat Maia prime for prime too. But Maia is BJJ God and Bustamante...no one cares

Korean Zombie is fighting this week....do you think he belongs with the greatests who's ever done it at featherweight division?

Below is the list of the greatest fighters in each weight class in the history of MMA/UFC through the mid point of 2021...feel free to post yours!

Some good picks but some poor ones as well.

Big nog did more at HW then DC.

Randy or Chuck did far more than Machida at LHW as well as W.Silva.

Hendo is the clear 2nd MW GOAT (izzy will prob overtake though)

No Hughes at WW?

I love Shogun and Machida a little less but they don’t belong on the list.

Conor doesn’t deserve the FW in any world. Same with Whitaker and Romero. Or Gomi. Or Cain. Or Stipe.

I think Henry needs to be included in there.

This list made me remember that Conor actually isn't a LW and a lot of his recent struggles are probably to do with fighting bigger fighters. at FW he would have been one of the biggest fighters. Now being willing (or perhaps able) to make the cut anymore is probably part of the reason the Conor of old is gone.

I love yoel and Bobby but Izzy and anderson are way in front of them.

Back