The top fighters in each weight classes in the history of MMA so far through 2021...

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Korean Zombie is fighting this week....do you think he belongs with the greatests who's ever done it at featherweight division?

Below is the list of the greatest fighters in each weight class in the history of MMA/UFC through the mid point of 2021...feel free to post yours!

HW: Fedor, Stipe, Cain, Cormier
LHW: Jones, Cormier, Shogun, Machida
MW: Anderson, Israel, Romero, Whitaker
WW: GSP, Usman
LW: Khabib, BJ, Gomi, Edgar
FW: Aldo, Holloway, Conor
BW: Cruz, Dillsnake
FLW: MM, Horiguchi

Yes KZ is one of the best 145ers ever no doubt.

Poirier over Gomi, Edgar and Penn

Yes KZ is one of the best 145ers ever no doubt.

I got Ige. I was shocked that he lost to Ortega, and I think Ige got what it takes to beat him but it could go either way

With that said, what a fucking robbery it was against Barboza

I'm not sure what to make of Prime Barao...but does anyone. That EPO dillshaw ruined him

If we go by ability (or at least put a lot of emphasis upon it) then i'd include Cejudo at 125 and/or at 135 as well.

If we go by ability (or at least put a lot of emphasis upon it) then i'd include Cejudo at 125 and/or at 135 as well.

oh yeah completelyl forgot about Cejudo haha

What a career turnaround it was, though I think MM edged it out

Werdum should be in the HW list. Ahead of Cormier.

This is a fair point.

It's an interesting point.

Cormier technically only lost to Jones and Stipe.

Werdum has more losses, including to Stipe, but he has wins over Fedor, Cain and Nog, all subs.

I do think Werdum has a style to smash Cormier too.

I agree with everything you've said.
<RomeroSalute>

Back very early in Cejudo's career, there was talk about him fighting another silver medalist from wrestling, before UFC I think. That never happened.

I think Cejudo and Askren came into MMA around the same time frame. Ben had better start, but who knew Ben would get really fucked like he did near his end of the career and Cejudo has two belts in two divisions?

I didn't.

Back very early in Cejudo's career, there was talk about him fighting another silver medalist from wrestling, before UFC I think. That never happened.

I think Cejudo and Askren came into MMA around the same time frame. Ben had better start, but who knew Ben would get really fucked like he did near his end of the career and Cejudo has two belts in two divisions?

I didn't.
That's MMA for you - so often it's impossible to correctly predict things even if one is informed super well...

This is a fair point.

It's an interesting point.

Cormier technically only lost to Jones and Stipe.

Werdum has more losses, including to Stipe, but he has wins over Fedor, Cain and Nog, all subs.

I do think Werdum has a style to smash Cormier too.
Cormier was good at HW, but just didn’t fight there enough, or against the absolute best.

Werdum ended Fedor’s invincibility, and wrecked Cain when he was still good, or close to prime. He lost more, but he fought a lot of killers at HW.

Cormier was good at HW, but just didn’t fight there enough, or against the absolute best.

Werdum ended Fedor’s invincibility, and wrecked Cain when he was still good, or close to prime. He lost more, but he fought a lot of killers at HW.

That's true. But like I said, Cormier only lost to Stipe at heavyweight.

I think Werdum has a style to beat Cormier too.

Who knows, that's not an easy one

Werdum has much better wins for sure, but worse losses.

That's MMA for you - so often it's impossible to correctly predict things even if one is informed super well...

What's hilarious is it turns out that Lima never improved his wrestling that much after all these years...after getting mauled by Askren...

HW: Fedor, Stipe, Nganou,
LHW: Jones, Rua, Machida, Liddel, Couture,
MW: Anderson, Israel,
WW: GSP, Usman, Hughes,
LW: Khabib, BJ,
FW: Aldo, Holloway, Olivera,
BW: Cruz, Triple Cringe,

HW: Fedor, Stipe, Nganou,
LHW: Jones, Rua, Machida, Liddel, Couture,
MW: Anderson, Israel,
WW: GSP, Usman, Hughes,
LW: Khabib, BJ,
FW: Aldo, Holloway, Olivera,
BW: Cruz, Triple Cringe,

Oh yeah Oliveira is there too. Oliveira is fantastic story man, hope he reigns for years to come, but lightweight is a shark tank unlike when Khabib was a champion

oh yeah completelyl forgot about Cejudo haha

What a career turnaround it was, though I think MM edged it out
Just to be on the same level as MM where judges think you won is a massive accomplishment. DJ is easily one of the best to ever do it.

Back