The Top Fifteen of the World

Bump for a great thread - how many views TCE?

I don't know about #2...if there were cases of a calf growing up in her custody and them still remaining friends without her eating it..i think it would be as heartwarming as the others, but this just might be one of those lions that knows her food will grow into a bigger dish or just bringing dinner to the family. That would be a pretty fuckin charming lion though. It's interesting but i thought a lot of the ones behind it are more in the feels.

This thread confuses and excites me in equal measure, and in ways that I have difficulty expressing with words.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty excited when I realized no one jumped on that yet.

Oh, I'm sure they'll be friends forever.

daily_gifdump_19_04.gif

Love me a TCE_Killa thread. ALWAYS a winner! This might be my favorite one to date.

LOL Damn!!! That warthog was probably saying fuck, my back, owww, my baaaacckkk

Cheetahs are by far the weakest of the big cats and have brittle bones. They're extremely submissive to large dogs when raised together. LOL at someone linking a news story of a cougar killing a german shepard, when a mountain lion probably has 150 pounds on a cheetah.

are there any unusual insect friendships?

Good question, I don't know of any. The insect world is very scary, if you was an insect, with everything that moves out to get ya. I'm going to presume the only odd friendships are the ones that release pheromones to get another to cater to its needs. It's not a friendship though, so probably doesn't count.

Cheetahs are by far the weakest of the big cats and have brittle bones. They're extremely submissive to large dogs when raised together. LOL at someone linking a news story of a cougar killing a german shepard, when a mountain lion probably has 150 pounds on a cheetah.

Lol whhhuuuttttt?

Maybe the largest ever cougar vs an average cheetah.

10. The Elephant and the Dog
elephant.jpg

Bubbles, a 9,000-pound elephant, and Bella, the Labrador retriever, are the very best of friends. They live together at the Myrtle Beach Safari in South Carolina. And luckily, the park has documented some of the pair's adorable interspecies play dates. Sometimes, Bubbles and Bella go for walks together. Other times, they go for long swims. Bubbles was adopted by the safari in 1983, then, in 2007, a contractor hired to build Bubbles a swimming pool abandoned puppy Bella at the park's preserve. And so, a beautiful friendship was born.

9. The Orangutan and the Hound Dog
Capture7.jpg

Orphaned at a young age, an orangutan named Suryia was rescued by an animal sanctuary in South Carolina. Initially, he did not do well at the sanctuary. He became socially withdrawn and did not eat. Fortunately, he came around. Suryia

It doesn't surprise me that much. Animals play less cruel games with each other than humans play with each other, it's just that animals don't have stores and society to feed them. They are pretty much always looking for something to eat. Their instincts for their offspring are comparable to humans, just usually not as long lasting. Animals can have connections and ties, they are usually just too busy hunting for food and defending their interests from other starving animals to express them. I would say the cat and the owl surprises me the most.

Back