The times you supported a fighter refusing a fight.

I don't have issues with people refusing fights based on short notice like Chael vs Jones, sometimes there is very little reward.

Agreed that it's the UFCs problem but it's also MMs problem. TJ would be the biggest opportunity of MMs career and it would do wonders for his legacy and how the majority of MMA fans (Who are casuals) view him.

How? How is a champion with far below the number of defenses that MM has going to do wonders for his career? TJ isn't a draw nor is he a dominant champion. It won't change anything about the fans perception of him at all, it's not like people in the weight class above him are drawing huge numbers. They do just as bad as MM does so people don't even care about that weight class. But, somehow TJ is this massive fight and drawing power when it comes to this subject.

More often than not,theres good reason for this.

I supported Ronda not just letting cyborg get the fight without doing anything.

I support mighty mouse asking for more money to fight tj.

Hell i even supported Tito for not fighting chuck because he was making more money outside ufc and felt ufc could havs paid him more for the chuck fight they wanted so bad.

Obviously stuff like De randamie is inexcusable. What are some past fight refusals you agree with so we can get a war started in this thread. Let the beatings begin.
SAKU GOAT rejected the Fedor fight, for the 1st time of his life...

tbh, imo, on paper, would have made more sense to reject fights like Randleman or Braga, than this one...

I don't have issues with people refusing fights based on short notice like Chael vs Jones, sometimes there is very little reward.
this decision was honestly laughable...

St Pierre not taking a Silva fight. Georges was the WW King, and Silva the MW King. Weight classes exist for a reason, and Anderson is too big for Georges. He fought everyone at WW and had nothing to prove by appeasing the fat slobs on the couch calling him a coward for not taking the fight. If Anderson could make 170, he more than likely would have fought him. Why risk your record and reputation by taking a fight you don’t have to in a heavier weight class?

pele hughes_pele.JPG

usehead 2.gif

I supported Royce not continuing back in the day after that battle with Kimo...

But most of you kids don't have any time for that...
heck, he couldnt basically

Jones vs Chael
Ortega vs Edgar 2
DJ vs TJ

I supported Jones not taking the Chael fight on short notice. Chael had no business fighting for the 205 strap. Jones did the right thing. Can you imagine if Jones had broke his toe like he did when they actually fight, but Chael managed to survive the round? Chael would have been a fluke champion that ruined a great title run. A guy who wasn't even ranked at LHW.

I grew up in Ortegas hometown and spent 1000's to go see him. I didnt give a F he didnt take the stephens fight. The card being stacked probably helped that though quite a bit.

I mean its completely ridiculous that MM should be expected to fight the best fighter by far at 125. COMPLETELY UNFAIR!

Nah jk, I do think MM deserves a nice pay bump. I think he is ducking for more reasons than just pay though

Nate when they tried to set him up with someone else for UFC 200 but said if he didn't get Conor he was going on vacation, smart play.

Exactly my point. St Pierre kept his stock price high by not taking the fight.
Problem is...Hughes took it... BJ took it against him...

Career wise, good decision...Legacy wise, that was weak.

Problem is...Hughes took it... BJ took it against him...

Career wise, good decision...Legacy wise, that was weak.
Gsps legacy is quite alright.

I supported Jones not taking the Chael fight on short notice. Chael had no business fighting for the 205 strap. Jones did the right thing. Can you imagine if Jones had broke his toe like he did when they actually fight, but Chael managed to survive the round? Chael would have been a fluke champion that ruined a great title run. A guy who wasn't even ranked at LHW.
The reason gave by JBJ´s camp was laughable.

More often than not,theres good reason for this.

I supported Ronda not just letting cyborg get the fight without doing anything.

I support mighty mouse asking for more money to fight tj.

Hell i even supported Tito for not fighting chuck because he was making more money outside ufc and felt ufc could havs paid him more for the chuck fight they wanted so bad.

Obviously stuff like De randamie is inexcusable. What are some past fight refusals you agree with so we can get a war started in this thread. Let the beatings begin.

I support Khabib not fighting Conor for anything under $10 million guaranteed + PPV points.

Khabib is the biggest fight for Conor since Mayweather. The UFC know this. MMA fans know this. The fight will sell big, and the UFC and Conor will make lots of money. Khabib needs to get paid also.

Back