The Time When Hogan Sold Out Jesse Ventura

You sound like a fucking idiot. This isnt a 30 second tv add, were not here for soundbites.

Do you want to elaborate what you mean and how it morally justifies such actions?

In normal sports, the way to win is in the ring or the cage, on the court or the field. However, behind the scenes is also a major factor in determining how to win.

In pro wrestling, behind the scenes is how the matches are decided. So that’s where the actual sport is; that’s where the competition is, and it’s anything goes.

The only way to win is to be entertaining in the ring and horribly competitive in the back.

HHH marrying the bosses daughter and burying people for years sucked, same with Hogan (though at least Hogan has charisma) but that’s basically the nature of the sport.

The Patriots being a dynasty team really sucks for non-pats fans, but the nature of sport is to beat your competitors.

Hogan always sucked, his whole career was a depressing cycle of self-promotion and backstabbing. He hated to lose and constantly buried young talent. He overplayed his monster of the week gimmick then hitched his wagon to the hottest angle in pro-wrestling, an idea he had nothing to do with. He parlayed his success in WWE to an embarrassing acting career, followed by an embarrassing reality show that destroyed his family.

He capped off these lowlights by banging his friends wife on hidden camera and saying some very racist things on the phone. He is currently dating his daughter... I mean a women who looks just like his daughter. Hulk will always be found centre stage putting himself over everyone else around him.

The thing that Hogan did that made him unredeemable in my eyes was induct Randy into the WWE HOF. Acting like they were buddy buddy knowing full well Randy hated him and wanted to kick his ass.
Maybe randy didn’t like him, but when he would be doing interviews and start talking about it he would switch to his kayfabe voice even though he wasn’t using it before.... So there might be something to that.

It might have also been Paul’s idea because 30 year old Randy likely pumped 16 year old Steph.

this has nothing to do w/ Hogan, but shoutout to Sid for trying to maintain his schtick during the whole Shockmaster intro fiasco

He is trying to yell sell that shit WELL after dude falls and picks his rhinestoned stormtrooper helmet up. Flair stopped selling immediately after he fell for reference, as did Sting

Hogan always sucked, his whole career was a depressing cycle of self-promotion and backstabbing. He hated to lose and constantly buried young talent. He overplayed his monster of the week gimmick then hitched his wagon to the hottest angle in pro-wrestling, an idea he had nothing to do with. He parlayed his success in WWE to an embarrassing acting career, followed by an embarrassing reality show that destroyed his family.

He capped off these lowlights by banging his friends wife on hidden camera and saying some very racist things on the phone. He is currently dating his daughter... I mean a women who looks just like his daughter. Hulk will always be found centre stage putting himself over everyone else around him.

The thing that Hogan did that made him unredeemable in my eyes was induct Randy into the WWE HOF. Acting like they were buddy buddy knowing full well Randy hated him and wanted to kick his ass.

How did the reality show destroy his family?

How did the reality show destroy his family?
The problems, shockingly, started several years ago when the family - including the couple's kids, awful pop singer Brooke and amateur race-car driver Nick - started filming the VH1 show Hogan Knows Best.

The problems, shockingly, started several years ago when the family - including the couple's kids, awful pop singer Brooke and amateur race-car driver Nick - started filming the VH1 show Hogan Knows Best.

Yes but what about the reality show caused family problems?

Nah that's a coincidence. Piper refused to job to anyone for quite some time.
Some guys in the 70s and 80s could really do that.
Stan Hansen was another

Some guys in the 70s and 80s could really do that.
Stan Hansen was another
Yeah it just limited him a bit. Might have got a world title run otherwise. Although maybe not, many all time great heels were held back in the Hogan era.

American hero

Selfishness isn't a virtue

Especially when you already have an embarrassment of riches

It's a dog eat dog business in a dog eat dog world. I would have done the exact same thing if it meant I get ahead. I think the only person in that whole business who didn't care about putting himself first was Bret Hart. Good for him.

In this thread I learned that
Hulk Hogan is bad for not helping Jesse Venutura and
Hulk Hogan is also bad for helping Brutus Beefcake.

Back